Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Series that haven't been released to DVD but should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Series You NEED to Get on DVD

For me it's the Korean Historicals dramas "Tears of the Dragon", "The King and His Women" and "Wang Guhn" from yesteryear. I tried searching for these everywhere online but no luck. I was able to find the Chinese "Three Kingdoms" drama and KIKU's Tokugawa Sandai or "Aoi" online.

Comment

Update : Upon doing a little research, I just found out that Kim Richards is aunt to those evil, satan, devil children Paris and Nikki Hilton. To me, Paris Hilton is possibly one of the most dispicable human beings on earth.

Wow, what a bummer.....that sank my battleship.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
        Update : Upon doing a little research, I just found out that Kim Richards is aunt to those evil, satan, devil children Paris and Nikki Hilton. To me, Paris Hilton is possibly one of the most dispicable human beings on earth.

Wow, what a bummer.....that sank my battleship.
        And to think I rooted for her and her brother in "Escape To Witch Mountain". I'm gonna watch that movie again and hope for a different outcome this time.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          Geez. This is what happen when you post stuff past your bedtime. I meant to ask what series you NEED to get that AREN'T AVAILABLE and probably never will. Oh well.
          Hmmm, that would include The Herculoids (HB cartoon series from the 1960's), Day Break, The Invaders (QM series from the 1960's), Shaft and The Flash.

Comment

American Gothic! I wish they had that on DVD.
            Or SledgeHammer. Remember that?
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Geez. This is what happen when you post stuff past your bedtime. I meant to ask what series you NEED to get that AREN'T AVAILABLE and probably never will. Oh well.
              I wondered about that, so disregard my list and just read the last part, about "Remember WENN." There are presently no plans for it to be issued on DVD. After four seasons, AMC cancelled it, leaving several storylines unresolved. A couple years ago, I met with the series' creator/writer (look it up, or just think pina coladas...), and he told me how he would have wrapped them up, given the opportunity.
              I've never heard of Red Dwarf
              You should check it out, Scrivener. Once you get past some of the northern English (nearly Scots) accents, I think you'd get a kick out of it.
              And MASH ran for eleven seasons, all of which are on DVD (and all of which I own, except the eleventh).
              There is also a box set of the entire series, including the farewell episode, and a lot of bonus material. It has recently been announced that there will be a separate release of the finale, plus the bonus material from the box set.

Keep hope alive - for years, it was assumed that (due to music licensing issues) "WKRP In Cincinnati" would never see DVD release. But with a lot of changes, the first season is coming out April 24.
              Last edited by Leo Lakio; April 1, 2007, 12:04 PM. Reason: Baby, if you've ever wondered, wondered whatever became of me...

Comment

Well if this is for TV series not yet issued to DVD...

"American Dreams" - this aired for 3 seasons on NBC from 2002 to 2005 and focused on a family in Philadelphia during the early and mid 1960s. Lots of great period music and American Bandstand footage re-created with some of today's artists playing roles of yesterday's faves.

So far only Season 1 is on DVD (which I have)... Seasons 2 and 3 have yet to be released to DVD.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Wasn't there a quick series that died called....A tree in Brooklyn or something. With Marion Ross?
                  I would like to watch that again, but my memory fails me.
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

[...]I meant to ask what series you NEED to get that AREN'T AVAILABLE and probably never will. Oh well.[...]
                    Ok, so based on Scriv's updated intent I was about to mention the 1954-1956 kid's show, Captain Midnight. I was SUCH a fan!!! Then I did a quick google and, lo and behold, someone had a 5 episode DVD for sale so I bought it!!! I don't really care about the entire 39 episode series...just a few episodes for memory's sake is fine with me. I want my grandkids to see the fluff I used to watch!

The next search will be for the Mickey Mouse Club...same era as Captain Midnight. Head Mousketeer Jimmy, Annette, Cubbie, Darlene, etc.!
                    Last edited by tutusue; April 1, 2007, 03:44 PM. Reason: add url

Comment

Stuff that will probably never come out on DVD....

"Checkers and Pogo" - individual episode days; only a VHS documentary produced around 1999 is available; and it was stated at that KGMB TV erased and reused most of the Checkers & Pogo TV tapes.

"Captain Honolulu" - kids show aired on KHVH TV Channel 4 (later to become KITV) with Sgt. Sacto.

"Byrds of Paradise" - Steven Bochco series produced in Hawaii in the early 1990s that lasted only 13 episodes.

"Marker" = another TV series shot in Hawaii that hasn't surfaced on DVD. Lasted for only 1 year on UPN.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel's comment about shows shot in Hawai`i reminded me of the one-season run of the remake of "Fantasy Island," starring Malcolm McDowell as a rather satanic Mr. Rourke. I'd like to have that on DVD.

Comment

"Byrds of Paradise" - Steven Bochco series produced in Hawaii in the early 1990s that lasted only 13 episodes.
                          I enjoyed this show and was sad that it went kaput.

Heroes Season 1 for me... Mmmm...

Comment

"Alas Smith & Jones" - British sketch comedy show with Mel Smith & Gryff Rhys-Jones. (Not to be confused with the Western "ALIAS Smith & Jones," which is coming out on DVD.)

"The State" - sketch comedy show that ran a few seasons on MTV; potential DVD release has been held up for years due to negotiations over the rights.

Comment

My collection includes:

DICK VAN DYKE SHOW - all five seasons;
                              I LOVE LUCY - all six seasons;
                              M*A*S*H - all eleven seasons;
                              TAXI - seasons 1 and 2;
                              MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY - various episodes;
                              LASSIE - various episodes;
                              MR. ED - various episodes;
                              RAMAR OF THE JUNGLE - various episodes on seven DVDs;
                              CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT/JET JACKSON - various episodes on four DVDs;
                              ONE STEP BEYOND - 33 episodes (this series "creeped me out" as a kid);
                              SEA HUNT - numerous episodes on VHS tape;
                              THE FUGITIVE - complete run, 120 episodes transferred from VHS to DVD;
                              PERRY MASON - 271 episodes over nine seasons on VHS;
                              THAT GIRL - first season;
                              LONE RANGER - three DVDs of assorted episodes;
                              ABARENBO SHOGUN - 70 episodes, recording each week on DVD;
                              HAWAII 5-0 - first season.

I have numerous DONNA REED SHOW episodes on VHS, as well as more LASSIE adventures (Jeff Miller/Timmy Martin) on VHS. Western-theme DVDs with WAGON TRAIN, DEATH VALLEY DAYS, etc.

On order are OZZIE AND HARRIET, PETTICOAT JUNCTION, and DRAGNET. There is no end to this sort of stuff.

Comment

Yo, OP - we goofed earlier in posting lists of what we HAVE:
                                I meant to ask what series you NEED to get that AREN'T AVAILABLE and probably never will.
                                It was too late to edit mine, to remove all that wasn't what he was asking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X