Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Series that haven't been released to DVD but should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Series You NEED to Get on DVD

as long as there is youtube, I don't need a tv series on dvd.

pax

Comment

Car 54 Where Are You? It ran for only 2 seasons and not on DVD at this time but I wish it is.

Comment

Charlies Angel`s, the original cast
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
          My collection includes:
          [...]
          CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT/JET JACKSON - various episodes on four DVDs;
          [...]
          LONE RANGER - three DVDs of assorted episodes;
          [...]On order are OZZIE AND HARRIET, [...] and DRAGNET. There is no end to this sort of stuff.
          Ooooooh maaaaan...you and I need to schedule an oldies marathon! You're my idol!!

Comment

I realized why I only have 7 seasons of MASH. It's because after those first 7 seasons everything gets too serious and too political, sucks the fun out of it.
            808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
            kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
            http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Ooooooh maaaaan...you and I need to schedule an oldies marathon! You're my idol!!
              It's been a L...O...N...G time since someone called me their "idol." WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                It's been a L...O...N...G time since someone called me their "idol." WOW!
                I'm stunned anyone has all those old shows! Especially Captain Midnight. I remember that series as being a local L.A. show. Did it air nationally? Dick Webb who played C.M. was a family friend so I used to receive all the goodies offered on the show and, to this day, have his autographed publicity photo hanging on my office wall. Remember..."Zooooooom"?!!!

Now that I've found a few eps of C.M. on DVD, I think I'll look for something similar for Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid and Pancho, I Love Lucy, Mickey Mouse Club, Tim McCoy Show, Ozzie & Harriet and Dragnet. I'm not concerned about collecting all the eps...just a sampling for memories sake and, as mentioned in a previous post, I want to show my grandsons the shows of my day!!!

I did splurge and buy the set of Amos and Andy DVDs, tho'. Priceless! I also found the 2 episodes of Our Gang in which my dad appeared...from 1927!

</insomnia!>

Comment

One series I just remembered that I REALLY want for DVD;

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                    Wonder Woman!
                    He Man...Ok I just really want them.

You are talking about TV series, right?
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Covington's Cross. ABC's TV series about a contemporary medieval family. Even featured two stars from the original Excalibur film.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I'd love to get the Crayon Shinchan anime series with English subs on DVD, but KIKU-TV had to give up all the reels with their subtitles on them because Asahi TV in Japan bought the rights to the show. Major bummer.

Thankfully Toei studies was nice enough to grant sales and DVD remastering rights to JNP/Generation Kikaida for the Kikaida and Kamen Rider V3 series. I only have the first 4 so far in the Kikaida DVD series. I'm gonna' buy the "Introduction of Hakaida" episode tonight, providing Shirokiya has it in stock.

I'd love to get the "Great Chefs of the World" series, which used to air on the Discovery Channel. That's the one with the lady who narrated the show with step-by-step instructions. Fantastic production and great dishes.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Back in the late '50s, we watched KAZEKOZO on the Japanese TV station.

Comment

Hey, Border's is selling full-season DVDs of some series for only $19. I picked up the first season of "My Name Is Earl." Love that show. (My wife hates it.)
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

How's about "Little People/The Brian Keith Show" that was shot here in Hawaii in the early '70s? If only for the sole purpose that my parents tell me I appeared in two episodes as a keiki and even had a speaking role in one of the shows. I vaguely remember seeing it when it aired, way before anyone had a home VCR.

Comment

It's a pity that Jake and the Fatman hasn't made it to DVD yet. Strangely, the same fate has also befallen William Conrad's other series (Cannon, Nero Wolfe).

Island Son (Richard Chamberlain) is a long shot as far as its chances for a DVD release. But with the unqualified success of Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum P.I. DVDs, maybe someone will take a shot with another show that has a lot of Hawaiian scenery, even if it was short-lived.

Other series that are on my DVD wishlist.

Route 66
                                Night Gallery (seasons 2-3)
                                Young Riders (seasons 2-3)
                                Courtship of Eddie's Father (Bill Bixby)
                                Ripley's Believe It Or Not (Jack Palance)
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X