X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
    Lehi, Brown Rice & Asparagus
    Good thing you had the lehi NOW and not after May 1! That would have been a REALLY expensive meal after May 1.

If you still have leftover baked ham from Easter, here's a simple onolicious recipe for making ham croquettes...and it isn't deep fried, which means it's healthier than most croquettes and they are still crunchy:

2 c. ground up, cooked ham (ground up finely...I used a food processor)
    1/2 c. grated Cheddar cheese (I used the already grated stuff, and you can use any grated cheese you like as long as it's not too salty)
    1/4 c. grated onion (since the food processor bowl was dirty already from the ham, I just chopped the onion in the food processor without even rinsing out the bowl)
    1 c. fresh dried bread crumbs (I used panko)
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/2 stick melted butter

For breading
    1 c. cracker crumbs (used panko again)
    1 slightly beaten egg (mix with a little water)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking pan. In mixing bowl, combine ham, cheese, panko, onion, salt and pepper and egg. Mix well. Divide into 12 parts, roll into shape of triangular musubi. Roll each into the egg wash and then into the breading panko. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with any white sauce. I made a basic white sauce.

Basic white sauce

1/4 stick butter
    2-3 T. flour
    1 c. milk (I use 1%)
    1/4 t. salt
    1/2 t. ground nutmeg (or to taste)

In a small saucepan, melt butter and add flour to make a roux. When the roux is very lightly brown (you're trying to cook out the floury taste), add the milk. Simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens. Add the nutmeg and salt. Serve over the croquettes.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; April 15, 2007, 09:02 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X