View Poll Results: Can you eat cereal w/out milk?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

18 90.00%
  • no

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating cereal without milk?

Default Eating cereal without milk?

Can you eat cereal w/out milk? If so, which ones did you think were the best w/out milk?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Default Re: eating cereal w/out milk

Quote Originally Posted by doc1456 View Post
    Can you eat cereal w/out milk? If so, which ones did you think were the best w/out milk?
    I detest milk and breakfast foods in general. When I eat cereal (rarely), I'll usually put a tiny amount of milk in, just enough to "moisten" the flakes slightly. Then I have to eat the cereal as quickly as possible because I dislike soggy cereal almost more than I dislike milk.

I like wheat chex without milk. But I don't buy cereal. Or milk. So I'm wholely unqualified to discuss this subject.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

the only cereals i can eat without milk are the corn puff type, but now that i'm older and can't handle so much sugar without gagging from sugar-coated tongue and crazy blood chemistry, i don't eat them so much.

oh wait!!

there is one cereal i can eat without milk---marshmallow rice crispies! or, if you make them the way i do--peanut butter rice crispies with ghiradelli 60% cacao chips and dried cranberries!

then again, marshmallow crispies aren't what you were asking about, eh, adrian?

I haven't eaten cereal for a long time, but depending on the cereal, I think some one can eat it without the milk.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by doc1456 View Post

That's almost like saying, "can you drink without smoking?" Aloha Kine probably had to stop and think about that one.

Cereal is a dry product and when you shovel a mound in your mouth you need something to wet it down.

I'd try subbing beer for milk but I'm too chicken to try it. Actually that would be a total waste of beer.

I never eat cereal with milk, though I don't eat it in the traditional way from a bowl; rather I eat it straight from the box, mostly as an evening-time snack.

Some of my favorite cereals to snack on, sans lait, include:

Golden Grahams
    Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries
    Corn Pops
    Wheat Chex

The only cereal we really liked without milk we found in a UK Safeway market. It was a Chex brand cereal and was filled with sweet yogurt. It also went well with milk. Funny we couldn't find it here in our Safeway stores and when asked they never heard of it.

We also like Cracklin' Oats and anykind of granola. Not too much, though. Kinda scrubs ya out, if you know what I mean.

Also Chex and Cheerios in a sweet Chex mix I make during the holiday season.

My hubby east cereal without MILK! I mean COMPLETELY without milk...
    he eats it from a cup. All kinds.

He hates the cereal to get soggy. weirdo.
    I could not eat cereal without milk and I love milk and I LOve cereal. I don't care if it is mushy or hard or whatever!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Quaker Natural Granola cereal without milk is great. Thrown in some chocolate chips...great snack !

I'll eat a bowl of dry cereal, but wash it down with a glass of milk. But I never put milk directly on cereal; I like it crunchy.
    "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

I used to eat Grape Nuts without milk on it...but I did put a little orange juice on top.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like. --Mark Twain

Never was a cereal fan, even as a kid. As an adult, I barely eat it. But I like the Flax Plus Granola at Costco and I either pour a little vanilla soy milk on it, or mix it with vanilla yogurt. yum.

my kids pound dry cereal. Anything with lots of texture, clusters, nuts, dried fruit, yogurt balls, and it is being thrown in my cart.

pax

Capn'N Crunch is killer, with or with out milk. But it cuts up the room of the mouth either way.

I used to love those honeycombs, dry.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Yes I can but I usually don't. I dont like soggy cereal either so I usually just fill the milk half or 3/4 way of whatever the cereal is... and I start from the bottom.

Depends on the cereal. If I eat a not-so-sugary one, like Crispix, I do like a little milk on it (vanilla soy these days, just for a change of pace.) But I'd rather eat my sugar-bomb ones dry, as I did since childhood. Corn Pops, Cap'n Crunch (with Crunch Berries), Cocoa Krispies preferred.

Lately, I've also been trying varieties of pseudo-healthy flake-based cereals, and I prefer them dry as well.

I remember when I was a small child and household expenses tended to exceed income, my dad would make me his "Special Susie Breakfast"...shredded wheat biscuits with a little butter on top, sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar and topped with...hot water!!! His presentation and the story that went with it made me believe it was the treat to end all treats! I used to beg for that breakfast! I was probably in my 30s before Pop told me why he used water in place of milk...and how relieved he was that there was still some butter in the fridge! Once the financial tides turned in his favor he still continued to make that breakfast for special occasions!

While I haven't had this odd combo in years, this thread has reignited my desire for another "Special Susie Breakfast"! Somehow I don't think it'll taste the same without my dad preparing and serving it as the key ingredient was love.

Nowadays I don't eat much cereal but when I do it's granola in some way, shape or form. I usually mix the cereal with plain yogurt and blueberries; a kind of yogurt sundae. Like others, I will snack on dry granola.

On a psycho-tropical vacation avoiding rehab.

I'm a big cereal snacker, especially at work. The cereal at my house usually varies because I've got all these nieces and nephews coming and going -- but I'll usually fill up a Ziploc and take it to work.

It's not as popular as it was before, but Cookie Crisp is still my favorite cereal munchie. I should be eating Cheerios, though.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Cracklin' Oat Bran

Quote Originally Posted by plawler View Post
    Cracklin' Oat Bran
    YEA!!! Too bad it's has SO much fat in it, something like 8 grams per serving. That's ALOT for cereal. That stuff is WAY yummy tho '

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    I remember when I was a small child and household expenses tended to exceed income, my dad would make me his "Special Susie Breakfast"...shredded wheat biscuits with a little butter on top, sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar and topped with...hot water!!! His presentation and the story that went with it made me believe it was the treat to end all treats! I used to beg for that breakfast! I was probably in my 30s before Pop told me why he used water in place of milk...and how relieved he was that there was still some butter in the fridge! Once the financial tides turned in his favor he still continued to make that breakfast for special occasions!

While I haven't had this odd combo in years, this thread has reignited my desire for another "Special Susie Breakfast"! Somehow I don't think it'll taste the same without my dad preparing and serving it as the key ingredient was love.
    i've been online for several hours today, looking at different websites, and feeling troubled at the state of the world. this story made me feel much better. thank you, tutusue!

Quote Originally Posted by ericncyn View Post
    i've been online for several hours today, looking at different websites, and feeling troubled at the state of the world. this story made me feel much better. thank you, tutusue!
    Aaaaah...that's cool that it lightened your day, ericncyn! And, I promise to never block the intersection of Piikoi and Lunalilo Sts.!

The Korean War was in full swing during some of the time I was indulging in shredded wheat with water! As long as my dad made breakfast all was right with the world!

And who can forget "milk toast"?!

Default Re: Eating cereal without milk?

When I was in high school, I was a vegetarian. I've gone back and forth for a couple years at a time since then. Anyway, I used to bring Grape Nuts to snack on during the day. Pour yourself a small ziplock bag full of Grape Nuts and bring along a straw. Then suck up gravel-sized nuggets of crunchy goodness to your heart's content!

Also, Smart Start is great to eat right out of the box. Here's a link to a blog entry that has something vaguely to do with Smart Start. Parental discretion is advised.

This is sort of on/off topic. I was in the store with my 3 BOYS w were in the cereal aisle.
    They wanted cereal so I told them to pick out a box...They ALL picked out a bright pink box of BARBIE cereal!! LMAO!
    Hubby is not too happy....I think it is hilarious since Hot Wheels and POC cereal was right by it.
    We came home with Barbie cereal. Pink rocks!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Quote Originally Posted by blueyecicle View Post
    This is sort of on/off topic. I was in the store with my 3 BOYS w were in the cereal aisle.
    They wanted cereal so I told them to pick out a box...They ALL picked out a bright pink box of BARBIE cereal!! LMAO!
    Hubby is not too happy....I think it is hilarious since Hot Wheels and POC cereal was right by it.
    We came home with Barbie cereal. Pink rocks!
    LOL

What kind of cereal was it? (I'm assuming it wasn't really a barbie cereal with barbie shapes - maybe barbie was the featured toy or character for a limited time)

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    That's almost like saying, "can you drink without smoking?"
    Yeah, I can drink non-alcoholic beverages w/out smoking.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast