Eating cereal without milk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating cereal without milk?

Can you eat cereal w/out milk? If so, which ones did you think were the best w/out milk?
    yes
    90.00%
    no
    10.00%
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: eating cereal w/out milk

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    Can you eat cereal w/out milk? If so, which ones did you think were the best w/out milk?
    I detest milk and breakfast foods in general. When I eat cereal (rarely), I'll usually put a tiny amount of milk in, just enough to "moisten" the flakes slightly. Then I have to eat the cereal as quickly as possible because I dislike soggy cereal almost more than I dislike milk.

I like wheat chex without milk. But I don't buy cereal. Or milk. So I'm wholely unqualified to discuss this subject.

Comment

the only cereals i can eat without milk are the corn puff type, but now that i'm older and can't handle so much sugar without gagging from sugar-coated tongue and crazy blood chemistry, i don't eat them so much.

oh wait!!

there is one cereal i can eat without milk---marshmallow rice crispies! or, if you make them the way i do--peanut butter rice crispies with ghiradelli 60% cacao chips and dried cranberries!

then again, marshmallow crispies aren't what you were asking about, eh, adrian?
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I haven't eaten cereal for a long time, but depending on the cereal, I think some one can eat it without the milk.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post

That's almost like saying, "can you drink without smoking?" Aloha Kine probably had to stop and think about that one.

Cereal is a dry product and when you shovel a mound in your mouth you need something to wet it down.

I'd try subbing beer for milk but I'm too chicken to try it. Actually that would be a total waste of beer.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I never eat cereal with milk, though I don't eat it in the traditional way from a bowl; rather I eat it straight from the box, mostly as an evening-time snack.

Some of my favorite cereals to snack on, sans lait, include:

Golden Grahams
            Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries
            Corn Pops
            Wheat Chex

Comment

The only cereal we really liked without milk we found in a UK Safeway market. It was a Chex brand cereal and was filled with sweet yogurt. It also went well with milk. Funny we couldn't find it here in our Safeway stores and when asked they never heard of it.

We also like Cracklin' Oats and anykind of granola. Not too much, though. Kinda scrubs ya out, if you know what I mean.

Also Chex and Cheerios in a sweet Chex mix I make during the holiday season.

Comment

My hubby east cereal without MILK! I mean COMPLETELY without milk...
                he eats it from a cup. All kinds.

He hates the cereal to get soggy. weirdo.
                I could not eat cereal without milk and I love milk and I LOve cereal. I don't care if it is mushy or hard or whatever!
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Quaker Natural Granola cereal without milk is great. Thrown in some chocolate chips...great snack !
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I'll eat a bowl of dry cereal, but wash it down with a glass of milk. But I never put milk directly on cereal; I like it crunchy.
                    "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

I used to eat Grape Nuts without milk on it...but I did put a little orange juice on top.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Never was a cereal fan, even as a kid. As an adult, I barely eat it. But I like the Flax Plus Granola at Costco and I either pour a little vanilla soy milk on it, or mix it with vanilla yogurt. yum.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

my kids pound dry cereal. Anything with lots of texture, clusters, nuts, dried fruit, yogurt balls, and it is being thrown in my cart.

pax

Comment

Capn'N Crunch is killer, with or with out milk. But it cuts up the room of the mouth either way.

I used to love those honeycombs, dry.
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

Yes I can but I usually don't. I dont like soggy cereal either so I usually just fill the milk half or 3/4 way of whatever the cereal is... and I start from the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                              X