Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we could have a professional team....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If we could have a professional team....

Nothing would survive more than 5 seasons here. We're a state of fairweather fans.

Herman Frazier would throw a hissy-fit if a major pro-team came to Hawaii.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      Herman Frazier would throw a hissy-fit if a major pro-team came to Hawaii.
      Then we must have a pro team.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Then we must have a pro team.
        I'm with Random. Herman Frazier and June Jones do NOT understand Hawaii fans.

If they suddenly got hired by UCLA, they might endeavor to change the Bruins' mascot and team name because it's not macho enough for them.

Or if they went to Florida, why would they call the team the 'Gators? Nah, we'd rather be the Annihilators or some crap like that. What? Tradition? School pride? History?

RUBBISH! WE WANNA BE MACHO MEN!

(Oh, and back on topic: Give me BASEBALL or give me DEATH!)
        Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMan View Post
          I'm with Random. Herman Frazier and June Jones do NOT understand Hawaii fans.
          Where the hell did this "...and June Jones" coming from?

Dude, I got no problem with him.

Originally posted by MonkeyMan View Post
          RUBBISH! WE WANNA BE MACHO MEN!
          Ah. Spoken like a true Village People fan.

Comment

Hockey? :P

I'm a MMA fan and think we could have a awesome IFL team with the likes of Miller, Vitale, Kimo, and Correira just to name a few . Maybe Lawler and Trigg would consider fighting out of Hawaii .

Comment

Apparently, I do.
              Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                I would actually think basketball has a better chance. I could be wrong but I'm sure the NBA can attract more Hawaii fans than NFL? Wouldn't more games mean a better chance of sustaining the venue financially?

That's another question but I didn't want to delve into, just saying IF there were to be a professional team.
                The Sonics could move to Hawai'i...you guys got about $500 million for an arena? Our city/county/State is balking at the new owners' demands to build a new arena, so the Sonics may be moving as of the end of next season...lessee...what could they be called? The Honolulu Hulas?

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                  The Sonics could move to Hawai'i...you guys got about $500 million for an arena? Our city/county/State is balking at the new owners' demands to build a new arena, so the Sonics may be moving as of the end of next season...lessee...what could they be called? The Honolulu Hulas?

Miulang
                  Naw, the amount of travelling in basketball would wear out an NBA team based in Hawaii. We'd have to endure 168168176107 losing seasons.
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I am ambivalent about the Sonics staying in Seattle (the tickets are way overpriced...I think they cost $90/club seat/game), but I'd be very sad if their sister WNBA team, the Seattle Storm, had to go with them to Oklahoma. Women's NBA basketball is way more interesting than the NBA. I could go see 4 Storm games for the price of one Sonics ticket!

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                      Naw, the amount of travelling in basketball would wear out an NBA team based in Hawaii. We'd have to endure 168168176107 losing seasons.
                      Call me naive, but why would travelling from Hawaii be any more difficult than a team on CONUS? Is it flight time? I really don't feel drained on a 5 hr flight, especially if these guys get to travel in first class.

Regarding Honolulu Hulas....err...not everything needs to have a Hawaiian theme attached to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
                        Hockey? :P

I'm a MMA fan and think we could have a awesome IFL team with the likes of Miller, Vitale, Kimo, and Correira just to name a few . Maybe Lawler and Trigg would consider fighting out of Hawaii .
                        Isn't Miller a product of that Miletech fighting system? What team does Militech coach in the IFL?

Comment

The Honolulu Hulas?
                          The Honolulu Hula Honeygirls? Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post

Ah. Spoken like a true Village People fan.
                            It may be that some people are in the Joe Moore camp and prefer RAINBOWS over WARRIORS.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                              It may be that some people are in the Joe Moore camp and prefer RAINBOWS over WARRIORS.
                              And then you have guys like Chuck Leahy who I think calls them the Rainbow Warriors sometimes, just to hedge his bets! (At least that's what I thought I heard him call the Warrior men's volleyball team)

Miulang

Comment

And then you have guys like Chuck Leahy who I think calls them the Rainbow Warriors sometimes, just to hedge his bets! (At least that's what I thought I heard him call the Warrior men's volleyball team)

Miulang
                                CHUCK, the patriarch of the Leahey brooadcasting dynasty, has long departed this world. It's JIM you're referring to. His son, Kanoa, is the heir apparent.

The last I know, football and volleyball are the WARRIORS (technically, volleyball chose MEN OF WAR). Basketball = RAINBOW WARRIORS, baseball = RAINBOWS. The women's teams are RAINBOW WAHINE. Swimming and diving I believe are the RAINBOWS. I don't know about the men's tennis and golf teams, nor the coed sailing squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X