New Grindz @ Remington College Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grindz @ Remington College Building

"Pablo Sato's Signature Steaks & Waffle Dogs" is now open on the lower level of the Remington College Building @ Hotel/Bishop Sts.

They are serving the famous KC Drive Inn Waffle Dogs! Also, 3 different kinds of grilled steak plates. Waffle Dogs are $3 or combo with chips & soda for $4. Steak is $6.50 & includes 2 scoop rice, corn/green or mac salad.

They will deliver downtown - call them at 537-5299 for more info!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Re: New Grindz @ Remington College Building

Thanks for the info!

Last time I've seen KC's famous Waffle Dogs promoted was at Shirokiya's. Got to meet Dayton Asato. Nice guy. By 1pm they were sold out.

Interesting how local radio DJs open up restaurants as side businesses. As you might know, Pablo is/was an afternoon DJ with Hot 93.9FM.

There's another former/present? DJ that has/had a plate lunch stand in Aiea behind Cutter Ford. Can't remember the specifics.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Just had a waffle dog - was good! A little different but the same taste.........mmmmm!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Couldn't resist:
        http://static.flickr.com/105/3144926...09b3ea.jpg?v=0

Comment

i just called. unfortunately, i don't work downtown and they don't have a fax machine but i got to speak to mr. sato himself and he told me to say thank you for this post!

*hungry*
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
            i just called. unfortunately, i don't work downtown and they don't have a fax machine but i got to speak to mr. sato himself and he told me to say thank you for this post!

*hungry*
            That's Mr. ASATO! I worked with one of the relatives. The family also was at the helm of Wisteria Restaurant and Times Supermarkets. I'm getting excited about the lunch-time possibilities that await me downtown. In The Advertiser's TGIF is Wanda Adams's review of Honolulu Cafe and I've decided that Monday I'll check it out.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Sorry - you're wrong. The owner is Blaine "Pablo" Sato. The original owners of KC Drive In were the Asato family. Sure wish KC & Wisteria were still open .............sigh. Lots of memories of those places.

BTW - where is Honolulu Cafe? I must have missed news on that one.
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

to make things absolutely clear, this is six years old, but here's a pic of blaine "pablo" sato.
                Attached Files
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                  to make things absolutely clear, this is six years old, but here's a pic of blaine "pablo" sato.
                  Pablo Sato...making waffle dogs and steaks? Now imagining combining steaks wrapped inside a waffle dog. Kinda like a Fajita.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

well, he does look a bit more "sane" and normal now. He is a really nice guy..........young & hard working. I hope everyone that can will give his new place a try. Next time there, we are going to have one of the steak plates.

It's so nice working there - I can go have a waffle dog anytime I want..................all I have to do is get on the elevator & go downstairs!
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      Pablo Sato...making waffle dogs and steaks? Now imagining combining steaks wrapped inside a waffle dog. Kinda like a Fajita.
                      hmmm...............that actually sounds kind of good.
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

We'll call it the SATO Dog

Comment

not that i know pablo personally besides a few convos on the phone we'd had when i'd called into his show and seeing his profile on myspace, but if he's still single, he might have better luck where he's working now to meet single women of the age group and mindset he's looking for, based on comments i'd heard him make. *shrug*
                          Last edited by cynsaligia; April 27, 2007, 07:31 PM. Reason: "very well" was changed to "personally," for accuracy.

Comment

I believe he is quite happily "taken"
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                              I believe he is quite happily "taken"
                              And he's bringing home the steak...not some greasy bacon so she's gotta be quite the happy wife too...Hi meet BOB!!! He's got quite a swing lately thanks to...Gotta love that steak!

Comment

Working...
                              X