X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Grindz @ Remington College Building

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    I believe he is quite happily "taken"
    very good! he'd always seemed a nice, decent guy to me, and given that i know too many women entranced by men who are neither nice nor decent (or have a job), it always bothers me when i met yet another man who bemoans his single state and complains bitterly that women, despite how much they say they want a nice guy, always go for the buttwads.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Sorry - you're wrong. The owner is Blaine "Pablo" Sato. The original owners of KC Drive In were the Asato family. Sure wish KC & Wisteria were still open .............sigh. Lots of memories of those places.

BTW - where is Honolulu Cafe? I must have missed news on that one.
      Sorry:
      I saw the photo of Mr. Asato and that was what I was referring to. Honolulu Cafe is in the Dillingham Transportation Building at the bottom of Bishop and it opens at 6:45 a.m. M-F; I cannot remember what time it closes. If you see today's TGIF, it is the restaurant reviewed.
      And sorry about the mistake I made regarding these guys; I've only associated Asatos with waffle dogs!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
        very good! he'd always seemed a nice, decent guy to me, and given that i know too many women entranced by men who are neither nice nor decent (or have a job), it always bothers me when i met yet another man who bemoans his single state and complains bitterly that women, despite how much they say they want a nice guy, always go for the buttwads.

Butwads...is that like an Asswipe?
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          Butwads...is that like an Asswipe?
          you decide! i'd say buttwads are worse, but only by degrees.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I guess it DEPENDS (Pun) on whether they use Charmin with the big soft rolls or some cheap Safeway brand.

I still think Macs will get it one day. Ho Baby talk about cross threading!!!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              And he's bringing home the steak...not some greasy bacon so she's gotta be quite the happy wife too...Hi meet BOB!!! He's got quite a swing lately thanks to...Gotta love that steak!
              umm - I didn't say "married", I just said I think he is "taken"............... boy, you folks just jump to all sorts of conclusions. I'm just trying to help get the word out about his new restaurant, not comment on his personal life.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Isn't amazing how a story can go from waffle dogs to Enzyte

Comment

Just to let everyone know, the only way you can get a KC Waffle Hot Dog is at Island Glacier in Waimalu and at various events around town. Please don't say it's KC's unless you are sure. We have worked long and hard to build our trademark and reputation. I am truly flattered that people still remember KC's Original Waffle Hot Dogs. I will be at Shirokiya again on the 19th and 20th of May. Hope to see you there. Sorry we also did not own the Times Supermarket.

Dayton
                  Last edited by mrwaffledog; May 8, 2007, 09:46 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

the dogs are not being sold as, nor are they listed on the menu as "KC Drive Inn Waffle Dogs". That was my description. Sorry if you mis-read or mis-understood what I posted. I have heard nice things about your Waimalu restaurant!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Great, there goes my budget. Atleast I'll have exercise walking to and from that place.
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

the dogs are not being sold as, nor are they listed on the menu as "KC Drive Inn Waffle Dogs". That was my description. Sorry if you mis-read or mis-understood what I posted. I have heard nice things about your Waimalu restaurant!
                        Unreal the power of the internet. I have had over 10 people say that they heard The KC Drive Inn Waffle Dog was being served downtown. One person from New York emailed me to ask me about the downtown location. Island Glacier is not owned by me, they just buy the batter and use my Waffle Hot Dog machines.

Thanks,
                        Dayton

Comment

Working...
                        X