Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All American Rejects: How to Butcher a Song 101

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
    Anyone ever figure out when you passed a certain threshold and turned into your parents? For some reason, you can't understand the appeal of "current" music and it sounds like noise? And why I can't stand my teenage daughter taking control of the radio in the car? Like me for example, who was a huge fan of early hip hop in the 80s and into the mid-90s....and now can't stand ANYTHING that is considered hip-hop now. All these "crunk" songs sound like the exact same song to me!
    You cross that threshold when you have teenage kids and you start to complain about their; hair, friends, music and when you lament on "when I was your age...blah blah blah" Oh and the road to school gets longer, less paved and increasingly more treacherous than the previous lamenting.

You cross that threshold when your kid drives you to work to take the car to school and when shoes from WalMart just doesn't cut it anymore for them.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: All American Rejects: How to Butcher a Song 101

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post

So, the song itself is not bad, but the singer absolutely BUTCHERS it with his vocal. He's singing full throttle over a simple piano part, like he's singing a full on hard rock track....completely emotionless...it borders on yelling, fer chrissakes !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XempunzHQ0U
      Welcome to emo [slash] screamo. It's been around for a while, and is likely to be around a while longer.

I can't stand it myself, but it seems to be wildly popular in the Honolulu music scene (visit Sound|House on any given night). Not unlike three-chord trash, it takes little or no talent to pull the music off, and little or no effort on the part of the listener to "understand" it.

Comment

Working...
      X