Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don Ho Memorial ceremony

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Here's the Star-Bulletin slide show of the event. We have the best pictures, certainly:

http://starbulletin.com/2007/05/06/n...ho/index2.html
    Awesome.

I want 8x10 prints of those shots. Much props to Jamm, Dennis, Richard and Hugh for that. Classic, classic, classic. Excellent.

You know, this makes me think that we need a DON HO's next to DUKE's on the beach. The most fitting would be on the beach in front of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, where he was sent off from.

This also makes me think I need to buy a DSLR, along with a wide angle lens
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Did anyone watch on the hotel webcams? They can be remotely manipulated:

http://www.seehawaiilive.com/rh-cam.cfm
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

My favorite photo is the one of Haumea looking lovingly at the ocean as she gently laid Don's ashes into the water, with one of his daughters in the water next to the outrigger, holding onto her hand. Absolutely touching.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

It was a most wonderful special and KGMB did an awesome job as mentioned in another thread, did anyone check to see if CNN also broadcast some of the footage (one of the newspapers said they might air it), I did not check to see this, the tornadoes in the midwest may have changed the context of the programming.

KalihiBoy
          Last edited by Kalihiboy; May 6, 2007, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            Nice shot. Eh Tutu, how come you nevah invite all us HT folks ovah fo' one hotel party? lol[...]
            In all honesty, I thought about it but I didn't know what size room I'd have and which side of the hotel! I ended up with a very small room on the Diamond Head side which was absolutely perfect...for 6 people!!! My gift certificate was for 2 nights and a value of $1200.! That was NO $600/night room...rack rate or not!

Thanks for your photos, Pomai. The Royal Hawaiian blocked the view of the beach from my 16th floor vantage point so we couldn't see the crowd at all. We could see the canoes awaiting their very important mission.
            Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
            Here's the Star-Bulletin slide show of the event. We have the best pictures, certainly:[...]
            Wow! Those are great, Burl.

Comment

kudos to the Star-Bulletin for this slide show!!!

chicken-skin!

Comment

Working...
              X