Thoughts on Larry Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on Larry Price?

I have blue eyes and I'm not offended by what Larry said.

I've had a lot of training, but occasionally I say something really stupid.

Or, I'm trying to say one thing and something else comes out.

I don't think Larry should be held to a higher standard than me or anyone else, just because he's on the radio.

Comment

Larry Price is one smat portagee who can obviously be pretty stupid.

I think Larry Price has a personal disgust for Hooser (obvious I know) so he reached into his crap box to attack him with the insult he thought would hurt the most. The famous "I moa local den you" attack. The schtick always combined the communication abilities of the Haole Mike Perry and the "local" flavor of "portagee" Larry Price. Larry Price has always had the job of "localizing" the morning show. So he continued that. Perry coming to his defense is meaningless. He's obviously just protecting his fishing hole and his paycheck.

What he said was no biggee. Said everday in Hawaii by immigrants like Larry Price (Mostly Haole, and yes Portuguese is Haole, part-Hawaiian big deal) trying to be more "local" than someone like Gary Hooser.

This was hanabadadayz kind of name calling. Typical of Hawaii today.

Everybody should get over it and get back to trying to be "local" and "Immitation Hawaiian".

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        Hey! I resent dat!!! I just completed the Nielsen Survey and I ain't no Cult follower!!!!

Da nerve!

WHACK WHACK!!!

Auntie Lynn
        OMG!

You canceled my Dark Angel!!!

Da nerve!
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          OMG!

You canceled my Dark Angel!!!

Da nerve!
          Hui! Wasn't me!!! I just 'DID' dee survey from April 26th - May 5th! And I only got paid two crisp dollar bills!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I ain't in no CULT!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Apparently, Larry Price's wife works for Iwalani White who was rejected by the Senate. That explains the emotion and irrational anger that Price displayed.

It's a personal thing. It's politics.

Either way, it shows that Larry Price let his personal grudge get the better of him.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              Just wondering what folks are thinking about Larry Price's comments:

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp...ss=1#poll60860

As an owner of a pair of blue eyes I am a bit appalled but not all that surprised.

Ah well. Life goes on.
              He apologized. The station issued an apology first... so I'm not sure how genuine his apology is. I think the coach needs to hang up his cleats (or whatever he wears).

Freedom of speech sure but his comments sounded too personal and mean-spirited. I also don't appreciate the "we" think like this spin.

Comment

Working...
              X