Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Re: Paris Hilton: Justice is Served

So, she's a scofflaw who behaves like an obnoxious brat and her sentence is cut to 23 days for "good behavior" and she'll be separated from the general population? and her mother hopes that other young people who look up to Paris learn from her? Learn what? That it's all about how much money and influence you have and not so much about following the law?

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
        So, she's a scofflaw who behaves like an obnoxious brat and her sentence is cut to 23 days for "good behavior" and she'll be separated from the general population? and her mother hopes that other young people who look up to Paris learn from her? Learn what? That it's all about how much money and influence you have and not so much about following the law?
        WHAT ???

What "Good behavior" ? She spit in the face of the law and THAT'S good behavior ?

Unbelieveable....
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Scofflaw chicks are hot. I'm afraid I just gravitate to women like that. Just a soap opera to watch concerning her, doesn't harm us any - pure entertainment. Let's sign the petition for her to show her our love and respect.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
            Scofflaw chicks are hot. I'm afraid I just gravitate to women like that. Just a soap opera to watch concerning her, doesn't harm us any - pure entertainment. Let's sign the petition for her to show her our love and respect.
            You're in HUGE denial "saying it doesn't harm us any"...basically, you're enabling the idea that rich people can get away with whatever they want as long as long as they have the money to buy themseves out of any situation.

Sorry, but that's big time harm if you ask me. Maybe it doesn't affect you directly, but it enables these people to continue to act as if they are above the law, only the next time their arrogance can get someone innocent hurt or killed.

There's NO entertainment in that.

Comment

I'm surprised she got a good behavior thingie so soon. How long has she been in jail so far? I would think they'd wait until at least the 20th day to make such a decision.

Comment

Maybe they just wanted to be rid of her as soon as possible. Send her to Guantanamo - not to serve as a prisoner, but rather as a method of torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                  I'm surprised she got a good behavior thingie so soon. How long has she been in jail so far? I would think they'd wait until at least the 20th day to make such a decision.
                  Raises hand!!! Excuse me? Uhhh..when did she go in? Good behavior is given to prisoners on how they "BEHAVE" when they are "INCARCERATED!"

If she didn't...den $$$ and Power especially, in good ole California did it again!

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; May 17, 2007, 09:15 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    Raises hand!!! Excuse me? Uhhh..when did she go in? Good behavior is given to prisoners on how they "BEHAVE" when they are "INCARCERATED!"

If she didn't...den $$$ and Power especially, in good ole California did it again!

Auntie Lynn
                    Yea, unfortunately, California seems to celebrate Celebrity f*ckups...this is a disease that runs rampant here.

Comment

I don't *think* she's in jail yet. I'd have to go look for the article again to be sure but I think the "good behavior" they mentioned was that she showed up for her hearing. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                        Yea, unfortunately, California seems to celebrate Celebrity f*ckups...this is a disease that runs rampant here.
                        Well, she just better not get a traffic ticket in Hilo, know what I'm sayin'?

Comment

I don't *think* she's in jail yet. I'd have to go look for the article again to be sure but I think the "good behavior" they mentioned was that she showed up for her hearing. *sigh*
                          According to this, she has until June 5th to turn herself in.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                            According to this, she has until June 5th to turn herself in.
                            As I understand, the shorter sentence (23 days) is only if she behaves behind bars. It's something for her to shoot for so it's not a given.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070517/...v/paris_hilton

Comment

Ah, the first article I read seemed to indicate that her sentence was already reduced because she showed up for her hearing. It makes sense (if anything in this case does) that it would only be reduced if she behaves well in jail.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

She will be housed in a "special needs housing unit"? Ahahahahahaha! These days when one says someone is a "special needs" person, I think of it as the PC term for what used to be called "retarded". But on a more serious note, that doesn't sound like she's being treated like any other person in our justice system or that she will be treated like any other person while she's in jail. Perhaps they meant any other rich and famous person.

Comment

Ah, the first article I read seemed to indicate that her sentence was already reduced because she showed up for her hearing. It makes sense (if anything in this case does) that it would only be reduced if she behaves well in jail.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

She will be housed in a "special needs housing unit"? Ahahahahahaha! These days when one says someone is a "special needs" person, I think of it as the PC term for what used to be called "retarded". But on a more serious note, that doesn't sound like she's being treated like any other person in our justice system or that she will be treated like any other person while she's in jail. Perhaps they meant any other rich and famous person.
                                Well, special needs also applies to criminals of notorious fame, they would be ripped to shreds if tossed in with the "normal" prison population. People like Charles Manson also are housed in special units I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X