Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel

They are starting a new special called "After the Catch" (I think that is what it's called) on Discovery.

Sounds neat to hear them all talk about their jobs and crab fishing.

Comment

Just got thru watching After the Catch. Nice to see all the captains come together and talk about their different experiences. Even how rough it is losing crew members as well as how crazy things can get.....My wife even tapes the show because we`re at work. Is there a deadliest catch support group????
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I taped the new show but didn't get a chance to watch it yet. Hope it's good.

I don't know how much it'll be there, but at a Best Buy here in Chicago they had the first season on DVD for $20. Anyone interested might want to check how much the DVD box set is on Hawaii.

Comment

With all these guys go through, kinda makes me feel bad to eat crab
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
            With all these guys go through, kinda makes me feel bad to eat crab

Well, then they would be out there doing it for nothing

I say eat up, and kudos to those guys.

They do it not only for the thrill, I am sure, but the salary for a couple of weeks going at it is insane. they can clear in 4 weeks what some people make in a year, and then some!
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

I'm happy this show is back on! Capt. Phil's consumption of Red Bull floored me on the last episode. Chain smoking, stress, and all of those Red Bulls, oh my.

The Alaska episode of Dirty Jobs (on the fish processing boat) was hilarious. Did anyone catch that?
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

This past Sunday there was an episode that included an incident with a "green horn" going overboard. Scary stuff!

When he was pulled back up (thank God), you could tell by his expression that everything happened so fast. When he was in that freezing Bering Sea, his adrenaline was pumping so hard, even though it was freezing cold temperatures, he said he felt "warm".

It sure must have taken a ton of courage for that very young man to get back out on "the rail" just a day later.

Sad but true, the ratings on this type of show are highly dependent on "mishaps" like that. More tragic, the better. Kinda' like watching auto racing just for the crashes.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I found two Hawai'i connections on the show. From what I understand deckhand Dave Millman (Cornelia Marie) lives in Kona. Then I saw on the Deadliest Catch wiki that there's a Hawaiian bruddah on the Time Bandit this season.

Name: Eddie Uwekoolani
                  Position: Deckhand -Season 4
                  Years experience: 19

Mini bio: Eddie is a native of Hawaii, who has fished on the Time Bandit in years past and has 19 years of experience as a deckhand.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Captain Harris has died.

From Discovery ---
                    February 9, 2010

Discovery mourns the loss of dear friend and colleague Captain Phil Harris. He was more than someone on our television screen. Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend to all who knew him. We will miss his straightforward honesty, wicked sense of humor and enormous heart. We share our tremendous sadness over this loss with the millions of viewers who followed Phil's every move. We send our thoughts and prayers to Phil's sons Josh and Jake and the Cornelia Marie crew.

Statement sent on behalf of his sons ---
                    It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad - Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end. For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down. We will remember and celebrate that strength. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

It was announced on January 30 that he had a stroke.

Comment

Boy, this just threw me out. I was so hopeful that Phil would overcome all of his challenges health wise. I cannot fathom the sadness and feelings of the entire Harris clan and boat. My tears as I write are overwhelming and I can't go on right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X