Sucks to be a Mac user right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks to be a Mac user right now

I'm trying to watch the streaming live broadcast of th Don Ho memorial ceremony, but, Windows Media Player...NOT friendly with this situation.

Sometimes us MAC folks get screwed out of stuff....
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: It really S*cks to be a MAC user right now

Which site are you trying to watch it from. Have you tried Firefox + Windows Media Player ?
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      Which site are you trying to watch it from. Have you tried Firefox + Windows Media Player ?
      Got the media player, tried it with safari, IE and the old PC downstairs...

NUTHIN !!! It was only an hour long, now it's over...I even called KHNL and asked....

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
        Got the media player, tried it with safari, IE and the old PC downstairs...

NUTHIN !!! It was only an hour long, now it's over...I even called KHNL and asked....
        The memorial service is over, but the special Sunset Concert in honor of Don just began at 9 p.m. (Pacific). I was watching the service on a PC with Firefox and it sucked. KHNL's streaming isn't as good as KITVs. Whoops. Looks like KHNL isn't streaming the concert. KGMB has live TV coverage, but no streaming. Bummers.

HOWEVER, for future reference for anybody who's on CONUS who wants to catch some of the Hawai'i TV stations live and have some spare kala, this might be of interest to you.

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; May 5, 2007, 06:15 PM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          The memorial service is over, but the special Sunset Concert in honor of Don just began at 9 p.m. (Pacific). I was watching the service on a PC with Firefox and it sucked. KHNL's streaming isn't as good as KITVs. Whoops. Looks like KHNL isn't streaming the concert. KGMB has live TV coverage, but no streaming. Bummers.

Miulang
          I watched all the earthquake coverage on KITV's site and it was great. They're streaming video worked like a charm.

Not so lucky this time.

How was the ceremony ?

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
            I watched all the earthquake coverage on KITV's site and it was great. They're streaming video worked like a charm.

Not so lucky this time.

How was the ceremony ?
            It was kinda stuttery and most of it was taken up by the Rev. who gave the invocation. A really touching part was when they played a recording of him talking to his kids and giving them some practical advice about life..."don't think too much about yourself or your head going get swell up like one see mui..."

Then the Air Force honor guard gave him a rifle salute (I think it was only 15 shots) and then each of his ohana took a little bit of him in urns and they boarded canoes and catamarans for the scattering of the ashes. Short, sweet and simple.

I really really wanted to see/hear Hoku sing her Dad's song, though.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Dude,

Even MS stopped supporting WM Player for Mac and now THEY recommend Flip 4 Mac. Stupid name, but it works.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherpr...d=windowsmedia
              Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Comment

does anyone know if hoku's song is online anywhere? seems like a no brainer. it'd be super popular...
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                  does anyone know if hoku's song is online anywhere? seems like a no brainer. it'd be super popular...
                  She may have performed it live with her Dad at his shows, but I don't think she has recorded it solo...yet.

Here is a little note of remembrance to her Dad on her Myspace blog. It's ironic at the time of his death, she was in the process of relaunching her career...so as one star faded away, another bright star is rising.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                  X