Favorite SNL Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite SNL Moments

Will Ferrell seems to be one of the best comedians on Saturday Night Live currently.

I was just watching the other day on reruns and they showed one Will Ferrell episode where he was in a yoga class but was able to perform an act that no male can do to themselves. It was a riot.

All time favorite was the "Cow Bell" with Christopher Walken.

What is yours?

Re: Favorite SNL Moments

Christopher Walken as "The Continental," where some off-camera person comes to his apartment, seeking her glove back. His fake, greasy 'stash falls off his face.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      Christopher Walken as "The Continental," where some off-camera person comes to his apartment, seeking her glove back. His fake, greasy 'stash falls off his face.
      That was a great one. The thing I like about the net is that you can view clips like "The Continental" if you never saw it. I forgot that one but just viewed it. Christopher Walken is great.

Comment

Easy. Schwetty Balls. HILAROUS.

Comment

Taco...Burrito...what's that in your speedo, you smell funkay, yeah yeah, you smell funky! IT'S TIME FOR THE PERFECT CHEER!

Mary Catherine Gallagher.

Would you like to touch the MANGO?

GOOD TIMES.

Justin Timberlake spoofing Ashton Kutcher's PUNK'D!

The JOYOLOGIST.

And the most recent.

D**K in a BOX.
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

can't believe I forgot Farley and Swayze's Chippendales skit.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post

Would you like to touch the MANGO?

Yeah that character is MY personal top 5 fave for Chris Kattan...

The one w/ Garth Brooks where Mango is ticked off w/ him and is telling him to buzz off and when he turns his back Mango quietly gestures a "Don't Go" pose and when Brooks sees that "Mango" quickly turns to the cam and tells him again to GO AWAY! He eventually repeats the teasing process...

Chris Kattan & Cheri Oteri as the couple who likes to get sexual in public...
              Then the other guest host they are playing up gets turned on and tries to mimic them backfires big time!

Chris Kattan & Will Ferrell as the guys on their way to THE ROXBURY w/ that Haddaway song playing in the backround. My fave is them w/ Cameron Diaz I believe where they find themselves in a bedroom and they think they are in bed w/ her they but actually find themselves in bed w/ each other.....

Cheri Oteri & Will Ferrell as The Sparatans Cheerleaders!

In addition to Alec Baldwins "Schweaty Balls".......... "Canteen Boy" anyone?
              Or how bout that skit where Baldwin when he looks at anyone and I do mean anyone he gets hot n bothered and makes out w/ them.

Mike Myers - SPROCKETS!

Dana Carvey as The Church Lady!

Mike Myers & Dana Carvey as WAYNES WORLD! Waynes World! Paaarty Timmmmme EXCELLENT!

It's Pat!

Christopher Walken as the Contenintal Guy where he entraps a mystery woman ( who u don't see just hands) while he is talking...

Melanie Hudson as Jan Brady where she stumbles on The Partridge Family....
              Theyre Faaaaaking THEYRE FAKING!!!

got a million more

Comment

The Infinity toilet ad. I was disappointed that it was not included on the DVD of commercial parodies.

However, they did include my favorite segment on the DVD collection of the "TV Funhouse" pieces: the trip into the Disney Vault.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoGuy75 View Post
                  Will Ferrell seems to be one of the best comedians on Saturday Night Live currently.

I was just watching the other day on reruns and they showed one Will Ferrell episode where he was in a yoga class but was able to perform an act that no male can do to themselves. It was a riot.

All time favorite was the "Cow Bell" with Christopher Walken.

What is yours?
                  It's funny, I'd heard about that episode for years, but never saw it. Being the 70's, stoner rock geek that i am, I was bummed to have never saw it. Well, I finally did about a month ago...

Genius.

The partidge Family and Brady Bunch one was pretty amazing.

Mango was always really disturbing to me.

Sprockets...awesome

Hanz and Franz was pretty memorable...I'm not sure it was always funny, but memorabe for sure.

The frank Sinatra round table was great.

and, the Joe Pesci show..the one where the real Bobby D and Joe Pesci showed up...AMAZING.

Also, the Coffee Talk when Barbara Streisand showed up and surprised Madonna and Mike Meyers...amazing too.
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I loved when Gilda would do her punk rocker Candy Slice
                    Gilda doing Christina (mommy dearest)
                    Buck Henry's Uncle Roy
                    The coneheads
                    Mister Robinson's Neighborhood
                    Little Richard Simmions
                    Dan Aykroyd doing the drool bucket guy
                    John's Samurai
                    Weekend update when they did Playboy's girls of SNL( Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Mary Gross, and Robin Duke)
                    Land Shark
                    The Blues Brothers
                    The Bumblebee( buzzing off!)
                    Bill Murrey and Gilda doing Todd and Lisa the nerds
                    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                    Flickr

Comment

I am a religious SNL fan.

Will Ferrell, just for your info, is not a "current cast member." He left the show five years ago.

I love the outrageous comedy, like Chris Farley's audition against Patrick Swayze for the Chippendale's job, but I am of the Sid Caeser school, which says that great comedy makes you laugh until you cry, while great drama makes you cry until you laugh.

In that vein, it is tough to beat Gilda Radner in almost anything she did. "It's always something," she said, and that was the heartbreaker. Colin Quinn's "working guy with the lunchbox" appearances on Weekend Update (this was before he anchored it) were also devastating that way. I also really, really, really loved the Cheri Oteri lady-on-the-front-porch sketches; if I ever teach drama again, I'm going to make sure my students see them.

However, my favorite SNL moment EVER is when, the Saturday after the O.J. Simpson verdict, Norm MacDonald led with: "Weeeeeeellll ladies and gentlemen, it's official. Murder is now legal in the state of California."
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

More cowbell was a classic.

I loved Chris Farley and Patrick Swazey(sp?) doing the Chipn'Dale tryouts.

Chris Farly as the motivational speaker who lives in a van, down by the river.

Pretty much anything Phil Hartman did was great.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Yeah the Cowbell skit was hilarious!

Joe Pesci's "Pinky ring shop" skit was equally funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                            Yeah the Cowbell skit was hilarious!

Joe Pesci's "Pinky ring shop" skit was equally funny.
                            You can watch the "More Cowbell" skit here:

http://www.ojai.net/swanson/snlshows.htm

Comment

Saturday Night Live is one of those shows that I never go out of my way to watch or tape, never seem to see an entire episode from start to finish, more than likey it will be on as background noise since it follows the news. In short I am not a die hard fan of the series but I am not totally unaware of the program or it's impact on today's culture.

That being said about my limited experience with the series the thing that is memorable to me would be the ways they do the intro of the program where they are parodying current event persons and in the end they get to say "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

Sometimes the guest host monologue gets to be funny and interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X