Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don Ho's Daughter Found Dead

Originally posted by kaneohegirl View Post
    but on the HT side of things I think there are a few ppl that are rethinking their previous actions...
    One thing on which we all agree - the tragedy of her passing, coming so close on the heels of their earlier loss, far outweighs the specific details. Deep sorrow overcomes many of us and can easily cloud our judgement. May we be fortunate enough never to experience that degree of pain - and if we do, may we be permitted to weep away from the headlines.

Comment

but on the HT side of things I think there are a few ppl that are rethinking their previous actions...
      Well I'm sure the hell not.
      And I'm pretty pissed off... no, make that really pissed off... that it's come back up again.
      Yes, the overdose was accidental. Certainly no one can blame her, given that her father just died and the incredible pressure that put on her as the family leader.
      Now, if everyone's gluttony for attacking a deceased person and shaming their family is over with... if everyone's lust for sensationalism and for knocking down someone who can't defend themselves is over with... if everyone's gossipy, petty National Enquirer mentality is over with...
      Ryan, please lock this thread.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Yes, the overdose was accidental. Certainly no one can blame her...
        I'm not sure these notions track logically.

Lik, you're upset because she died of a meth overdose, or because now everybody knows she died of a meth overdose and the untimely death of this essentially private citizen is gossip fodder?
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I can understand the concern about spreading rumors. But it's no longer a rumor, it's a fact. For whatever reason, The Advertiser saw it fit to put as the top story in the Hawaii section. We can certainly talk about it here.

If someone wants to debate who is a celebrity and who is a private citizen who shouldn't be thrust in the spotlight, go ahead. But that's a tricky call at best.

I doubt if the autopsy report came as a total shock to the family. It's quite likely that there was evidence at the time that was the source of the rumors. Cops aren't dumb. It's their job to figure it out and they probably would have shared it with the family. The autopsy was just to "make sure".

As for locking the thread, the group is going fine.

Going back to the story, this is one more sad example of how drugs can ruin an otherwise fine person. My condolences to the family.

Comment

sad news its true... its hard to be a family in the spotlight...but that is a part of the fame ... it sucks ... but it wont go away...

I truly hope so. This thread has personally piled on to people that were already hurting. May we all take better care in the future.

aloha, Pua'i

pax

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              I can understand the concern about spreading rumors. But it's no longer a rumor, it's a fact. For whatever reason, The Advertiser saw it fit to put as the top story in the Hawaii section. We can certainly talk about it here.

If someone wants to debate who is a celebrity and who is a private citizen who shouldn't be thrust in the spotlight, go ahead. But that's a tricky call at best.

I doubt if the autopsy report came as a total shock to the family. It's quite likely that there was evidence at the time that was the source of the rumors. Cops aren't dumb. It's their job to figure it out and they probably would have shared it with the family. The autopsy was just to "make sure".

Going back to the story, this is one more sad example of how drugs can ruin an otherwise fine person. My condolences to the family.

BRAVO! BRAVO!!!
              Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

I agree. It's just too bad that a few people have chosen to use this thread (re: Dayna Ho Henry's death) to wage a petty battle on who stands on a higher moral ground. IMHO, none of them come out of it smelling like a rose.

My thoughts as well.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X