Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don Ho's Daughter Found Dead

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
    LikaNui - I too, am saddened by Dayna's untimely death...but sad as it may be, my sources also tell me that it was a drug overdose.
    WHAT THE F...?!?
    Exactly who are these so-called sources? Some idiots who also saw the now-corrected KITV report? Or are they the same sources that gave the wrong info to KITV in the first place?
    And how dare you say "My best to the ohana."???
    Are you proud of yourself for perpetuating a rumor that is WRONG?
    How dare you use a screen name of "Ms_Aloha_Nui"? It should be "Ms_Aloha_NONE".
    You are a sick SICK person. Rumor-mongers hiding behind screen names... pffffbt.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Of course, there can be "drug overdoses" that come from complete accidents with legal medications - but that's not what everyone thinks when you read those words.

This is a case where words can truly hurt, at a time when condolences are all we should be offering. Tragedy piled upon sorrow - and this is a family that can not grieve or heal in private. We must remember what pain the surviving members of the family have to be going through - even if they reveal autopsy results; whatever they are, we should show respect to those who have to carry on without their beloved ones.

(And I have no "sources" whatsoever regarding this, other than my soul.)

Comment

Discretion. Judgement. Responsibility. Tact. Grace. Prudence. Caution. Discernment. Thoughtfulness. Sagacity. Wariness. Wisdom. Heedfulness. Judiciousness. Consideration. Maturity. Shrewdness. Plain old common/good sense.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
          Discretion. Judgement. Responsibility. Tact. Grace. Prudence. Caution. Discernment. Thoughtfulness. Sagacity. Wariness. Wisdom. Heedfulness. Judiciousness. Consideration. Maturity. Shrewdness. Plain old common/good sense.
          Thank you, PM, and thanks also to those of you who have sent me private messages with your support and comments.
          All of the traits that PM listed above are clearly missing from certain buffoons here on HT. [/glare at Miulang and Ms_Aloha_none]

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
            Plain old common/good sense.
            Sadly, less "common" than we might wish. (Pointedly not glaring at anyone at present, as I have been guilty of such lapses before, and fear that I will again some day. Neither am I passing judgement on those who have every right to glare.)

Comment

too bad....but yes, the truth hurts sometimes.....

Comment

Re: Don Ho's Daughter

You have given absolutely NO proof of what you call "the truth". Ergo, you leave us no choice but to confirm that you are nothing more than an internet troll and flamer, and that your claims are pathetic lies and a desperate attempt on your part to garner attention for yourself at the expense of a grieving family.

Comment

waitaminit...until a coroner's report says otherwise, your information is speculation at best, once shared with you it became gossip, and the choice to share it repeatedly on an open website demeans the deceased and cheapens the grief. You are not talking about a persona within the public domain. No matter who her daddy was, it was never her choice to be in the limelight, and certainly not her family's that this discussion take place on a freaking web forum.

Enough.

pax

Comment

Perhaps this thread should be closed for now and possibly reopened when the official Medical Examiner's report comes out so that those who need to chill out...can?
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

We are adults here: a heartfelt apology for displaying poor taste would heal all wounds.

pax

Comment

May I please lastly add to this commentary...and by all due respect and honor to Mr. Ho and his ohana....assuming (pending OFFICIAL results from autopsy) a drug overdose can mean ANY KINE of drug...not ONLY thinking of the bad kine...BUT, what if she was REAL depressed about her dad and her emotions were still lingering ok....what IF she took a MIScalculated mixture of DECENT medication thinking it was ok...however, it proved to be a fatal error... I KNOW THIS, I had one of those real crappy flu type colds that spread in my workplace...I ended up buying the HEAVY DUTY NON DROWSY TYLENOL COLD tablets ok....it ended up making me REAL DROWSY and almost unfunctional at work...so I had to take a day off due to this...I ended up taking a coworkers advice and ONLY take Sudafed PE due to my sinus headache and congestion and guess what??????????
                        WALA!!!!! IT worked!!!! So to all, please calm down and dont place judgment immediately to the Ho family and sometimes the media can SUCK!!!! so dont beleive all that you hear. Jst relax and calm down....for Mr. Ho's spirit and ohana. Mahalo!

Comment

My reguards and blessings goes out to the Ho's family. This is aweful news.

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
                            [...]a drug overdose can mean ANY KINE of drug...not ONLY thinking of the bad kine...BUT, what if she was REAL depressed about her dad and her emotions were still lingering ok....what IF she took a MIScalculated mixture of DECENT medication thinking it was ok...however, it proved to be a fatal error... [...]
                            "Drug overdose", in general, shouldn't automatically mean illegal drugs or a drug addict. The issue of appropriately prescribed meds having disasterous side effects is often overlooked. It shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              "Drug overdose", in general, shouldn't automatically mean illegal drugs or a drug addict. The issue of appropriately prescribed meds having disasterous side effects is often overlooked. It shouldn't be.
                              Exactly, as I noted before. But we all know the reality: you read those words, and your mind connects the phrase to an image of someone who abuses illegal mind-altering chemical compounds. That's why those are loaded words, to be used selectively - the common, negative image associated with them may not be at all accurate.

Comment

gotta wonder tho.... if it does turn out to be some form of drug interaction/related death will anyone here actually say they are sorry for the vicious caustic remarks made... or will they try to pretend that nothing happened

because knowing Miulang I am sure that if she were to turn out wrong she would apologize... at least I think she would.... but heck we are all human...

it will be interesting next week....wether anyone apologizes or not this has has been a interesting read but but sadly it revolved around a tradgedy.
                                Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Working...
                                X