Don Ho's Daughter Found Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the point?

Miulang, for real girl. The only public remarks that the family has was a plea for privacy at this time. You don't have to explain why you didn't abide, but why won't you apologize for your choices? You see how this is rolling down: step up, girl. Take responsibility. Please. You know the laws of physics. Action->reaction. So c'mon. Do the right thing.

pax

Comment

Re: Don Ho's Daughter Found Dead

Originally posted by kaneohegirl View Post
      gotta wonder tho.... if it does turn out to be some form of drug interaction/related death will anyone here actually say they are sorry for the vicious caustic remarks made... or will they try to pretend that nothing happened

because knowing Miulang I am sure that if she were to turn out wrong she would apologize... at least I think she would.... but heck we are all human...

it will be interesting next week....wether anyone apologizes or not this has has been a interesting read but but sadly it revolved around a tradgedy.
      KGirl, if you think that the cause of death is the whole point of this thread, you need to read it again.

pax

Comment

Re: Don Ho's Daughter

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        KGirl, if you think that the cause of death is the whole point of this thread, you need to read it again.
        Amen. Because the fact of the matter is that how anyone died is simply (and clearly) none of our business... support and love for the families of the deceased is.

For those who want to be immature, spread gossip, and show a total and absolute lack of aloha, I imagine there's a chat room at the National Enquirer's website.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

FWIW, I haven't seen Miulang posting to any of the other websites she visits regularly (where I also go, that is - I don't know all her internet habits, folks, lest you think all the Seattle people with Hawai`i connections have regular meetings or something.) Rather than avoiding a response here, she may just be taking time away from the computer, for some reason unknown to us. I'm sure we'll hear from her again.

I truly hope the next news we hear from the Ho `ohana is one of a more pleasant nature - a box-set reissue of all of Don's works on CD, perhaps? Hello, Rhino Handmade --- you have access to the Warner-Reprise archives...how about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            FWIW, I haven't seen Miulang posting to any of the other websites she visits regularly (where I also go, that is - I don't know all her internet habits, folks, lest you think all the Seattle people with Hawai`i connections have regular meetings or something.) Rather than avoiding a response here, she may just be taking time away from the computer, for some reason unknown to us. I'm sure we'll hear from her again.

I truly hope the next news we hear from the Ho `ohana is one of a more pleasant nature - a box-set reissue of all of Don's works on CD, perhaps? Hello, Rhino Handmade --- you have access to the Warner-Reprise archives...how about it?
            I sure hope Miulang will continue to post, I enjoyed her input...how sad for the Ho family. He was a legend. I remember listening to his music when I was a child, my aunt made frequent trips to HI in the 50's and brought his music back for my family.
            "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
              just quoting your statement.... not attacking.... wanna make that reeeal clear.

nah nah I never meant to imply that the point of the thread was how she died... the Title of the thread is " Don Ho's Daughter Found Dead"

what I found interesting is how the thread went around in its convoluted morbid way that the human brain works which is a proven fact that when something happens like someone dies the very FIRST THING anyone asks is...... HOW did they die?.... the person could have been dying of cancer or been old whatever but ppl still ask how did they die... OMG how sad may have been the very first but you must admit that at some point shortly after that you asked yourself "I wonder how?". Human nature... we are morbid.. curious creatures...

yea ppl should give some respect but heck this is a public message board if one wants to speculate why/how.... why should they be body slammed for doing it?

once the article was posted really the only thing anyone respectfully could have should have said which would have been nice but a real waste of harddrive space is to say things like... oh how sad ... she'll be missed.... wonderfull person her death is a tragedy... an you know I tink things like that are odd because instead of it being her it could be about anyone an you not know them an still they would spout off the sad/fake/sympathy crap.

this is a message board where I would think ppl can express their opinions right wrong crazy loony whatever an still be treated ok if you dont like someone ignore them you never need to see them... disagree with them mock them but at least be non attacking as long as the other person isnt attacking you....

anyway I have been on both ends of conflict....soooo whatever
              Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Last edited by kaneohegirl; May 16, 2007, 10:05 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

The State of Hawaii is a very small town. Chances are fairly good that if someone local with a recognizable name passes away or runs afoul of the law or wins a lottery or...whatever...there will be at least one HTer who knows that person fairly well; possibly even related. It's easy to say this is just a forum and if a thread is of a sensitive nature for someone, that someone should just ignore it. But I think it's also our responsibility to be sensitive to the uniquely small town atmosphere of this beautiful State and recognize that the 6 degrees of separation are really only 2 or 3 in Hawaii!

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

yes its a small town state an many will either know the person or know someone who does... thats one of the cool things about living out there. sympathy and concern and courtesy are a how life should be lead... but things happen... thats the thing with a public message board.

Comment

I would like to just say that I never meant my original post to incite sensationalism or insensitivity. I was truly struck by the terrible impact that the event undoubtedly had on friends and family of Dayna. Frankly, I was more than a bit stunned. Saddened and sorrowful.

Apologies to all who thought the reference to her death smacked of irreverence. It was certainly not my intention.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                        [...]Apologies to all who thought the reference to her death smacked of irreverence. It was certainly not my intention.
                        WORN...I don't think your original post is in question. At least, imo, it isn't.

Comment

Re: Don Ho's Daughter

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          WORN...I don't think your original post is in question. At least, imo, it isn't.
                          Indeed. No need to apologize, WORN. The problems didn't start until post #4. Not your fault at all.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Autopsy report is out - "toxic effects of methamphetamine"..."accidental drug overdose." So very, very sad, for a family that does not get to grieve privately, and this news just turns the spotlight back on again. Condolences to the family, and all who have been touched by this sorrowful circumstance.
                            http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...06190341/1001/

Comment

sad news its true... its hard to be a family in the spotlight...but that is a part of the fame ... it sucks ... but it wont go away...

but on the HT side of things I think there are a few ppl that are rethinking their previous actions...

Comment

Originally posted by kaneohegirl View Post
                                but on the HT side of things I think there are a few ppl that are rethinking their previous actions...
                                Hui! I stand by wat I said.

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X