Rudest Drivers By U.S. Cities ranked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudest Drivers By U.S. Cities ranked

Found this on SF Gate (The San Francisco Chronicle)

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...a060725D55.DTL

The U.S. cities ranked most rude drivers and anyone agrees with their findings? Must be good that Hawaii did NOT appear on the list?
    As for San Francisco, the drivers can be agressive especially in Downtown.
    I can tell ya stories where I actually saw one guy jump out and wanted to beef with the another driver and the wife/girlfriend trying to get him back in da car...

The list, ranked from those reporting the most incidents of road rage to the fewest:

1. Miami

2. New York

3. Boston

4. Los Angeles

5. Washington, D.C.

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Sacramento, Calif.

9. Philadelphia

10. San Francisco

11. Houston

12. Atlanta

13. Detroit

14. Minneapolis-St. Paul

15. Baltimore

16. Tampa, Fla.

17. San Diego

18. Cincinnati

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. Dallas-Ft. Worth

22. St. Louis

23. Seattle-Tacoma

24. Pittsburgh

25. Portland, Ore.

Re: Rudest Drivers By U.S. Cities ranked

Wow...LA is 4th ? Geez, I would think 1 or 2...we have us some A**hle drivers here...."me first, me first, me first"....and EVERYONE is on the phone.

Funny, but all the advice you read in the Hawaii tour books, and online is "Don't be an aggressive driver when you visit the islands", so yea, you guys are pretty chilled out over there.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I hate the corridor around DC, I can believe the rating. 64 around Hampton Roads is another real gem of a highway and its occupants too.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

My experience in Boston confirmed their lofty #3 ranking. Their horns start honking two seconds after the light turns green. Talk about impatient! My daughter spent four years there for college - she said the Hawaii drivers are extremely courteous by comparison.

Comment

My personal favorite (NOT) of the LA maneuvers is when you put your signal on to change lanes, and the person 6 car lengths back speeds up really fast so you can't get front of him. I encounter on a daily occurance in LA, almost without fail.

LA is definitely the Anti-Aloha state when it comes to driving.

The Cops here get really ugly too.
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

When I was 20 or 21, a fellow cut me off in Marin County, and I tooted my horn at him. Not a long HONK, but just a beep. We took the same exit, and it turns out we were both going to the shopping center. He got out of his car, stormed up to me, and started ranting and acting all tough. Using f-bomb, and a-hole, and f-u................

and then he poked me in the chest with his finger.

When I left the scene, about 30 seconds later, he wasn't moving. Not even a twitch. And my right foot was kinda hurting. Blood coming out his ear hole, several teeth gone, and his nose looked weirdly placed on his upper left cheek, near his sunken ocular cavity. I had to drag him a little just to get my car outta the parking stall. Couldn't tell you what happened to him. Though I'm certain it involved an ambulance, and, hopefully, several months of rehab.

Road rage can be a life changing incident. If you are a road rager, I really don't care. But please don't choose me. I beg you.

PS - Hey Mister, I'm sorry dude, if you ever read this. But you started it. And I was acting on "self-defense".
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
              and then he poked me in the chest with his finger.
              That's how you define your famous "never hit first, always hit last" philosophy, right? A poke in the chest = a solid hit that may cause physical injury.

Comment

So it is written for the world to know now eh Tim? I would have just said he poked me in the chest and for some strange reason he decided to act like some road kill with a pulse

One time this car pulled into a stall next to my car (while I was still in my car) and this huge local Tita whips open her door and hits my car. The door rebounds and she flings it again into my passenger side door.

She looks at me and flips me the bird and walks away. I was about to leave when she drove up so I calmly got out as she walked away and kicked in all four of her hubcaps and bent her antenna into a knot.

As I drove off I passed her and told her, "Merry Christmas bitch" and pulled away.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

She looks at me and flips me the bird and walks away. I was about to leave when she drove up so I calmly got out as she walked away and kicked in all four of her hubcaps and bent her antenna into a knot.

As I drove off I passed her and told her, "Merry Christmas bitch" and pulled away.

my my

evil arent we

When I was waiting for my roomates at the supermarket one evening so I decided to wait in the car.
                  A cars pulls up and its obvious when we get out of the door whe make shua we no hit da udda car.

WELL.... this woman has the nerve to just bang my roomates car door end not once but TWICE!

Thinking, WHAT THE?!?!?

Soooooo in retaliation while they were inside I hit theirs in return which eventually left a scratch mark.

By then I was soooooo hoping my roomate came back to the car before the ppl next to us did.

Comment

I have very few road rage experiences, but the bulk of them were sassy girls, hiding behind heavily tinted windows, acting all tantadan, without a damned clue how close they loom to the abyss of doom, should I ever be so inclined to do something about it.

pax

Comment

Am I the only one who felt a brief chicken-skin moment reading PM's post?

"Good side" --- MUST stay on her "good side" --- --- ---

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                        My experience in Boston confirmed their lofty #3 ranking. Their horns start honking two seconds after the light turns green. Talk about impatient! My daughter spent four years there for college - she said the Hawaii drivers are extremely courteous by comparison.
                        2 seconds? Only 2 seconds? Ummmm....nope. Try a tenth of a second after the damn light turns green. And they don't toot, they LEAN on their horns.

I knew that Boston would be up there in the top 5!
                        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                          I knew that Boston would be up there in the top 5!
                          Don't forget the Boston taxi drivers who consider sidewalks a viable option for vehicular traffic.

Comment

That's how you define your famous "never hit first, always hit last" philosophy, right? A poke in the chest = a solid hit that may cause physical injury.

<<in the soapiest, softest tone, that you commonly find used in a pre-school setting>>

"Keep your hands to yourself"
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

...must also stay on TIM's "good side"...

Comment

Working...
                              X