Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: John Rambo

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    Let's get deep. Why would you care if it is still Rambo? Because you knew that once upon a time there was this bad muggafugga named "Rambo". A couple of movies proved that he was the shyet (once upon a time). Those movies left a visceral imprint on the brain--it is that imprint that we want charged up again when we try to suspend our disbelief that he could single-handedly kick major Burmese ass in this post Ong-Bak age.

So let's think about that Rambo for a minute. We already know he's old. SS was smart where he took Rocky Balboa, because he let us deal with that humanity. Bridging is important with the audience--we want to suspend our disbelief, so respect us, ok? How on earth are we going to do that with John Rambo? Those details insult our intelligence. That, my friend, is the 'sex appeal' to which I refer.
    Do you really believe that the people who made Rambo are disrespecting and insulting our intelligence just because they dyed his hair to make him look a little younger? Sorry, but that's really reaching, imo. Never mind that choke makeup and hair product is used in every movie/TV show and for every actor, old or not. And from the trailer, the movie seems to be aiming for something that would be in direct contrast to your wish for an older, gray-haired, gentler, more humane Rambo. It just wouldn't work, given the direction the movie is going in.

Personally, I'm stoked they didn't take the "Rocky Balboa" route. It's already been done with one Stallone franchise. Why do the same ting with another? Do I need yet another reminder that my childhood movie heroes are now old futs? We'll get enough of that with the next Indiana Jones and Die Hard movies. I don't need to see that with Rambo. I like preachy self-important movies like Crash and Babel as much as the next person. Well, not really, but I'm trying to make a point here. That point being what I said the first time: it's a Rambo movie. Let it stay one. The average IQ of the Rambo fan (myself included) is like 70. I doubt many of us will feel disrespected because he's got a nicely dyed mullet haircut.

If you didn't like the trailer and thinks it's insulting your intelligence, then I'm guessing you won't be paying see it, and that's perfectly fine and your right as a moviegoer. But I doubt they're targeting your demographic (though to be honest, I don't know what your demographic is). They're going after lolo buggahs like me and I'll happily pay up.

Comment

Shootz brah

We get one lolo buggah discount or what ?

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Is Sly Stallone trying to make a comeback? First Rocky Balboa and now John Rambo.

Comment

Working...
        X