Deals of the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deals of the day!

Buy.com has SanDisk 1 GB MP3 players for $28.99, which includes shipping. It has an FM tuner and recorder and will handle WMA files as well as MP3s. If you are a new Google Checkout customer, you can get an additional ten bucks off. Buy.com quotes a Circuit City current price of $73.98.

The reviewers say you don't get the original packaging, the original CD, or the original instructions, but they add, "but for thirty bucks..."

I would rather have an iPod, of course, but since I'm currently podless, I think I'll pull the trigger on this one. Looks like there's a 1- to 2-week wait-time.

Let me know if you get one; we can compare notes.

Aw, forget it. Shipping to Hawaii is $25.29. I got all the way to the very last stage of the checkout before I was told this.

Edit: Here's the complaint I sent to Buy.com.
    Greetings from Honolulu:
    I was set to purchase the SanDisk 1GB MP3 player, which your site lists at $28.99 with free shipping. New Google Checkout members receive an additional $10.00 off the first purchase, so I processed my checkout through Google Checkout. After entering my credit card number, billing address, and email, I was not informed until the very, very last step that I was informed shipping to Hawaii would be via UPS 2nd-day at a price of $25.28.

We in Hawaii are used to being told our shipping costs will be prohibitive; if that's what it costs, then that's what it costs, and if I don't think it's worth it, I won't make the purchase. However, as much as I respect Buy.com's excellent reputation, I must say that I'm disappointed that I was told "free shipping," then enticed to give a third party my personal info before being told my shipping price would be different. Please, please, please: Consider putting RIGHT THERE on the product page any information that will help Hawaii and Alaska residents make intelligent decisions BEFORE going through all that; it wouldn't be very difficult for you and it would save US a ton of time. Either that, or offer USPS First-Class shipping, as you do for DVD orders weighing less than 13 oz. I know it was nobody's intention to mislead me and then dupe me into signing up for a service that I don't need (anymore), but that's exactly how it feels. Please consider changing your shipping options or informing customers right up front that shipping prices differ for Hawaii and Alaska residents. Would YOU pay $25.29 to ship an MP3 player that cost you $18.99?

Thanks for hearing me out.
    Last edited by scrivener; July 29, 2007, 03:49 PM. Reason: "...sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight..."
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      [...]Aw, forget it. Shipping to Hawaii is $25.29. I got all the way to the very last stage of the checkout before I was told this.[...]
      I complained to Buy.com almost 10 years ago, Scriv. No luck. I refuse to buy from them now even with a ShipToHawaii.com account.

Comment

A Jamba Juice BOGO FREE coupon HERE. It does mention participating locations and I've not tried redeeming it yet but it the past those coupons have always worked.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          A Jamba Juice BOGO FREE coupon HERE. It does mention participating locations and I've not tried redeeming it yet but it the past those coupons have always worked.
          Tutusue, you and your darned DB acronyms. lol

Here I thought "BOGO" was the name of a new health smoothie "JJ" was offering. You know, one of them funky California valley slangs.

Alas, upon clicking on your link, it's "Buy One Get One" free.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            Tutusue, you and your darned DB acronyms. lol[...]
            <teehee!> I learned that acronym right here on HT! If you click on the link it's also used in the URL. Next thing we know it'll end up in the dictionary!

Comment

Working...
            X