Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW: I know I'm a huge dork but...

Who here plays WoW?

I am on Argent Dawn (RP) & Drak'thul (PVP) both as Lanakila for a main. Argent Dawn is Alliance... I have a NE balance druid lvl 51. Drak'thul is Horde & she is a BE Warlock lvl 18.

I also have various alts w/ similar names so that my guild (Sisters of Mercy) will recognize me better when I switch toons...

AD has
    Lankeela
    Lanamia
    Lanamila
    Lanacia

Drak'thul only has Lanakeela

& I also have sort of abandoned the Sentinels (RP) server where I had Lanakila, Lanakeela, & Lanamila, & Lanamia as well.

Yeah, I know... I'm so original... So if you have any toons on those servers or plan to make toons on those servers... drop me a line!
    <3 EriKa
    ErikaMarie.us

Re: WoW: I know I'm a huge dork but...

Me and my wife just quit
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
      Me and my wife just quit
      Well... that's no good.

Why did you quit? lol
      <3 EriKa
      ErikaMarie.us

Comment

My husband and I quit, too, a few months ago. It's too easy and got boring after the first 6 weeks. We're currently enjoying lord of the rings online

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
          My husband and I quit, too, a few months ago. It's too easy and got boring after the first 6 weeks. We're currently enjoying lord of the rings online
          Wat's dat?

I gotta get my Honey Off of Comanche Four!!

We fight ova use of dee computa. I need to find something we "both" can enjoy!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Ahhh! WoW is like a drug, a baaaad drug. My husband and I quit as well quite a while ago. We were obsessed with DAoC for years, which was also bad.

I can proudly say we have been MMORPG-free for almost a year. *Stands tall*
            I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I love WoW, but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I don't play every day & sometimes I go quite a few days w/o playing. It doesn't hurt to have all the rested XP you can get!
              <3 EriKa
              ErikaMarie.us

Comment

Erika, do you know Lauren "Tamastara" Hayashi? Whenever I think of World of Warcraft, locally, I think of her. She's a leader in one of the larger local guilds, apparently lingering at whatever the highest "level" is at the moment, but also bucks the stereotype by, you know, actually having a life and getting out and about. Her "day" job is anything but -- she's a bartender!

She spoke at one of Burt "Quark" Lum's tech brown bags last year. I went to learn about WoW in general, but it ended up a WoW fan club meeting with everyone talking about stuff I didn't understand.

Sadly, I don't know any of the server or guild name details, but I suspect if you're into WoW in Hawaii, you probably know her or her group already.

Comment

Well, I am not familiar w/ the WoW scene in Hawaii... simply because I live in Maryland for the time being.

I'm just looking for some more friends to play WoW with. It's interesting that there's actually a calling for WoW users in Hawaii... if there are any in my area, I never hear of them... although I usually feel silly talking about WoW in public other than the game store.
                  <3 EriKa
                  ErikaMarie.us

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                    I can proudly say we have been MMORPG-free for almost a year. *Stands tall*
                    Youll come back, they always do...

Originally posted by ErikaMarie View Post
                    Well, I am not familiar w/ the WoW scene in Hawaii... simply because I live in Maryland for the time being.

I'm just looking for some more friends to play WoW with. It's interesting that there's actually a calling for WoW users in Hawaii... if there are any in my area, I never hear of them... although I usually feel silly talking about WoW in public other than the game store.
                    With over 6 million players worldwide, theres a great possibility there are several players in your hood.

We quit because we're getting bored of the grind. We havent acheived elite status yet or even max levels, but got tired of it. Techincally our accounts arent dead yet, we still have 2 weeks left. I actually logged in last night, as I sort of want to get to level 58 on my main so I can actually check out outland.
                    I sort of got waylaid by the blood elves and made a guild instead of levelling my main.
                    This would be the 2nd time we've quit.
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      Erika, do you know Lauren "Tamastara" Hayashi? .... Her "day" job is anything but -- she's a bartender!
                      I play with her in two guilds on two servers... and drink at the bar she works at....

Small world...

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                        Youll come back, they always do...
                        Maybe. But I'm innocent until proven guilty.
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

A mount for a mount -- lady offers body for $$$ to buy the Flying Mount

I know better than to get sucked into WoW. I already have friends who have "disappeared" and no longer hang out with us because they'd rather stay home and play WoW.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I've got my chars on the Feathermoon server, alliance-side.

70 warrior, 65 rogue, 64 hunter (or was it 63?) and many alts in the 13-41 range.

I can't say I've left WoW completely because the friends I have over there rock too darn hard. But I can't stand the grind (rep, dungeon access, gear, etc.) anymore. "The grind" is what made me leave FFXI too.

Every MMORPG has it's "grind" but right now, I'm enjoying the pace I'm going at in LOTRO. I've made my home on the Landroval server (RP server in WoW and unofficial RP server in LOTRO... big hint to what's my draw. :P).

Anyway, if anyone else are on those servers and want to do some adventuring, send me a pm. I'd love to party up.

Hellbent:
                            If I'm not mistaken (since I've seen a level 48 rogue in Shattrath City), you can get a warlock friend to summon you in any of the zones in Outland even if you're not at the minimum of 58. Unless this has changed recently.

Comment

If I wasnt quitting and wasnt in a good guild already, I'd suggest us all moving/rerolling on another server.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X