Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Catching, Cooking, & Consuming!

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
    The fish that you catch always seems to taste the best...to me anyway. Nice catch. So how did you prepare the nenue? or is that a big arse hinalea?
    Hey Cezanne

You are correct, That is a nenue and it was made into poke!
    Many people do not like it as it has a strong seaweed smell due to their diet. But no need add the limu as people usually do it is already in the meat!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilo Artist View Post
      Howzit HT People

Country Living at it's finest!

Moa Bettah den restaurant
      Very nice looking papio and nenue! Looks da ono!

I used to fish for oama, halalu, papio all da time as a little keiki. To eat and for my gramps to use as bait. I grew up fishing with him almost everyday in the summer and it was such good fun, just being around and talkin story with him. Haven't been spinning in quite a while, but this thread is making me want to dust off my gear and go casting at Hau Bush right now!

Was thinking of doing some freshwater fishing in the future, but kinda humbug to get a license and everything.

If I catch anything, I'll try remember to post it here, if anyone cares. And if I can actually figure out how to put images up.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        Very nice looking papio and nenue! Looks da ono!

I used to fish for oama, halalu, papio all da time as a little keiki. To eat and for my gramps to use as bait. I grew up fishing with him almost everyday in the summer and it was such good fun, just being around and talkin story with him. Haven't been spinning in quite a while, but this thread is making me want to dust off my gear and go casting at Hau Bush right now!

Was thinking of doing some freshwater fishing in the future, but kinda humbug to get a license and everything.

If I catch anything, I'll try remember to post it here, if anyone cares. And if I can actually figure out how to put images up.
        Howzit Marco!

It's summer and that means the Oama will be running soon and you know that the papio will be following them around! Looking forward to seeing your posts and pictures on your catches and preparing them for grine!

Back in the late 80's I was a serious Ulua hunter and caught an 80 pounder with a spear gun from land! We cut that up and it fed 7 families!

As for tonights dinner, I going hunt at Safeway for those premade ribs! LOL!

Comment

Working...
        X