Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Auwe! No respect!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    169

    Angry Auwe! No respect!

    A 25-year-old woman in Aiea killed her mother.

    'Aiea woman died of strangulation and stab wounds

    Daughter killed mom, police say

    Auwe to the 25-year-old woman. Today's kids have no respect for their parents. Today's kids think that they are their own bosses and that they can do whatever they want with no regard for authority.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by IBadget View Post
    A 25-year-old woman in Aiea killed her mother.

    'Aiea woman died of strangulation and stab wounds

    Daughter killed mom, police say

    Auwe to the 25-year-old woman. Today's kids have no respect for their parents. Today's kids think that they are their own bosses and that they can do whatever they want with no regard for authority.
    I may be mistaken but I think the issues here may involve a bit more than lack of respect.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,519

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    I may be mistaken but I think the issues here may involve a bit more than lack of respect.
    Correct RN. Das why I wen put um on the Mental Illness Thread.

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Smokin' in da windward crib
    Posts
    6,721

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    I may be mistaken but I think the issues here may involve a bit more than lack of respect.
    Indeed, and you're definitely not mistaken. One of the news reports last night mentioned something about the daughter being involved in some Satanic cult.

    .
    .

    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    I may be mistaken but I think the issues here may involve a bit more than lack of respect.
    Children who are raised with respect and thaught responsibility, grow up to be respectful and responsible adults. Respect is earned!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,519

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelani Josselin View Post
    Children who are raised with respect and thaught responsibility, grow up to be respectful and responsible adults. Respect is earned!
    Rightfully so. What RN was referring to was the daughter had Mental Illness.

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Windward Oahu
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    This girl is messed up. I feel a compassion for her because when I see clips of her in the news she really looks like she's not well. From what I've been reading she believed that her mother was out to kill her.

    It seems the father who is estranged from the deceased had something to do with poisoning her mind with those thoughts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mō‘ili‘ili
    Posts
    2,456

    Thumbs down Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by cezanne View Post
    It seems the father who is estranged from the deceased had something to do with poisoning her mind with those thoughts.
    When in doubt, blame the man.

    We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

    — U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    1,055

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    TuNL, I hear ya and many times that is exactly the game played, but the news said repeatedly that the girl reports that her father told her that her mom was crazy and wicked or something like that, and that the mom had tried to kill her brothers, and then she was sent to live with the mom, hadn't been here long and told the cops she had plotted in her mind and worried incessantly that she had to kill her mom before her mom tried to kill her.

    May be a true story, I dunno.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,228

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelani Josselin View Post
    Children who are raised with respect and thaught responsibility, grow up to be respectful and responsible adults. Respect is earned!
    MOST of the time, maybe. But humans are born who they are, and we can only do so much to teach them to wipe their noses and chew with their mouthes closed.

    Children come through us, not from us.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by IBadget View Post
    A 25-year-old woman in Aiea killed her mother.

    'Aiea woman died of strangulation and stab wounds

    Daughter killed mom, police say

    Auwe to the 25-year-old woman. Today's kids have no respect for their parents. Today's kids think that they are their own bosses and that they can do whatever they want with no regard for authority.
    I agree.

    If my father was mentally ill and wants to kill me, I'd let him. I will not disrespect my father to save my skin (whether I'm single or married with children), nor will I embarrass him by committing him to a mental health hospital.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,519

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I agree.

    If my father was mentally ill and wants to kill me, I'd let him. I will not disrespect my father to save my skin (whether I'm single or married with children), nor will I embarrass him by committing him to a mental health hospital.
    I Hope and PRAY to God, when I cross over into my world of neva neva land, my children will have the guts and love to commit me into a Mental Institution where I will be kept to insure my safety and the safety of others.

    As for embarrassing me? Nah.

    It would be moa of an embarrassment if I would commit a CRIME!

    Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Posted by Random: If my father was mentally ill and wants to kill me, I'd let him.
    ?? Just asking but did your quote come out right.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Smokin' in da windward crib
    Posts
    6,721

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    If my father was mentally ill and wants to kill me, I'd let him. I will not disrespect my father to save my skin (whether I'm single or married with children)
    Do you think that's fair to your spouse and, especially, is it fair to your children?

    .
    .

    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    Do you think that's fair to your spouse and, especially, is it fair to your children?

    No, but no one ever said life is fair.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by LocoBoy View Post
    ?? Just asking but did your quote come out right.
    Well, from what I hear, both mother and daughter suffer mental health problems.

    Whether she has or not, she shouldn't have died. The daughter dissed the mother, and her alleged mental illness should not be an excuse.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    No, but no one ever said life is fair.
    Ya know I always tell my kids that but just for the record, I'll be the first to say it then, "Life's Fair" by Craig Watanabe. Okay I lied but at least I can be quoted as being the first person to say it

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,519

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Well, from what I hear, both mother and daughter suffer mental health problems.

    Whether she has or not, she shouldn't have died. The daughter dissed the mother, and her alleged mental illness should not be an excuse.
    Yes...they "Both" should have taken their MEDICATIONS!

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Looking down at traffic..(sometimes)
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I agree.

    If my father was mentally ill and wants to kill me, I'd let him. I will not disrespect my father to save my skin (whether I'm single or married with children), nor will I embarrass him by committing him to a mental health hospital.
    How about when you're trying to save your mother from your father's beatings or anger? Whom do you "honor" then? Who do you show your respect for? Take in point the story of Vesperas' Case.

    I understand to 'save face' that you don't want to commit your father to a mental institution but I also know that as much as I love my father I would not let him beat my child(ren) nor abuse anyone else in the household. I have told him to go for a walk or to remove himself from the situation and I have also put myself in front of others when it came down to that situation. He has only spanked me once in my lifetime (that was enough for me) but I also know that he would be lose more face if he did something he would so seriously regret later.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Default Re: Auwe! No respect!

    Quote Originally Posted by princessdiz View Post
    How about when you're trying to save your mother from your father's beatings or anger? Whom do you "honor" then? Who do you show your respect for? Take in point the story of Vesperas' Case.
    You honor your mother above your father. In both cases, the mother got dissed: one by a daughter, the other by a husband.

    In both cases, there are some mental health issues involved.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •