Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Auwe! No respect!

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
    ?? Just asking but did your quote come out right.
    Well, from what I hear, both mother and daughter suffer mental health problems.

Whether she has or not, she shouldn't have died. The daughter dissed the mother, and her alleged mental illness should not be an excuse.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      No, but no one ever said life is fair.
      Ya know I always tell my kids that but just for the record, I'll be the first to say it then, "Life's Fair" by Craig Watanabe. Okay I lied but at least I can be quoted as being the first person to say it
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Well, from what I hear, both mother and daughter suffer mental health problems.

Whether she has or not, she shouldn't have died. The daughter dissed the mother, and her alleged mental illness should not be an excuse.
        Yes...they "Both" should have taken their MEDICATIONS!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I agree.

If my father was mentally ill and wants to kill me, I'd let him. I will not disrespect my father to save my skin (whether I'm single or married with children), nor will I embarrass him by committing him to a mental health hospital.
          How about when you're trying to save your mother from your father's beatings or anger? Whom do you "honor" then? Who do you show your respect for? Take in point the story of Vesperas' Case.

I understand to 'save face' that you don't want to commit your father to a mental institution but I also know that as much as I love my father I would not let him beat my child(ren) nor abuse anyone else in the household. I have told him to go for a walk or to remove himself from the situation and I have also put myself in front of others when it came down to that situation. He has only spanked me once in my lifetime (that was enough for me) but I also know that he would be lose more face if he did something he would so seriously regret later.

Comment

Originally posted by princessdiz View Post
            How about when you're trying to save your mother from your father's beatings or anger? Whom do you "honor" then? Who do you show your respect for? Take in point the story of Vesperas' Case.
            You honor your mother above your father. In both cases, the mother got dissed: one by a daughter, the other by a husband.

In both cases, there are some mental health issues involved.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
            X