Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Howdy, y'all...

SOMEBODY that uses this forum has got to know what part of the island that Tye Pennington and his crew are building on starting Monday June 4! Not a thing wrong with talking about it and you know a lot of people know. They just prefer it not be broadcast to the whole island. (well, how many local readers does this cool place have? LOL)

Input...need input, number five alive..LOL

aloha huggz~ K~
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Re: Exteme Makeover Home Edition, HERE~~

Sorry I don't know the answer, but hopefully someone here will.
    Personally, I stopped watching the show about a year ago. I was going through too many boxes of Kleenex.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Didn't the show get the ax from ABC?

I used to watch it from the begining but lost touch....

Maybe cuz Ty got too obnoxious and yells too much on the show

Comment

I haven't heard a word about where they might be filming. I'm guessing they'll be somewhere out of town as that would certainly be more picturesque. Maybe the North Shore? Tutusue, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
          I haven't heard a word about where they might be filming. I'm guessing they'll be somewhere out of town as that would certainly be more picturesque. Maybe the North Shore? Tutusue, any ideas?
          Actually, I don't know! If I did and the location had not yet been released in the press, I wouldn't be the one to release it! I just checked the very public Hawaii Film Office blog and could find no mention of the show. Sorry.

I know whatcha mean, LN. I should buy stock in Kleenex!!! Two of my grandsons are obsessed with all things construction related so that's their favorite show. Here they are with Paul a couple of years ago...a dream come true for the little guys!
          Attached Files

Comment

My brother-in-law who lives in Kalihi said they were considering something on his street; but for the life of me I couldnt figure out why they would want to do something in Kalihi... Do they usually work in the ghettos? =P
            He lives allllll the way in the back.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Hmmmm...could they consider ME at MWH?

Can they? Could they?

Pretty Plezzzzzzzzzzz!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                My brother-in-law who lives in Kalihi said they were considering something on his street; but for the life of me I couldnt figure out why they would want to do something in Kalihi... Do they usually work in the ghettos? =P
                He lives allllll the way in the back.
                I dunno...Kalihi Valley is pretty cool! I know several non-ghetto type people who live there and have renovated their places substantially. One of 'em occasionally hangs out in HT!

Comment

uh, they don't usually do new houses for rich folks - so, Kalihi could be one possible location. Their ads for this season said they were doing all 50 states this year so they will be coming. I for one would like to see what they really can do - I love the show, kleenex & all! I cry every time. and there are certainly some deserving families here. There are also a lot of "houseless" folks that would be well served by having a house built for them - I hope they look into things like that while here. A lot of people on the continent think if you live in Hawaii, you must be rich. Boy, is that a wrong concept!
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

http://www.hawaiifilmandvideo.com/blog/
                    Originally posted by May 9th Blog
                    ABC’s Extreme Home Makeover - Home Edition series begins filming season five’s premier show on Oahu for one week in late June or early July. Oahu was selected over Kauai. The production notified Kauai officials May 4. Ty Pennington hosts the show.
                    From other things I gathered, a few families are told "you may be selected" and on the day construction starts they families are told.

Comment

The "door knock" is next week (not Monday, as I understand it!). Specifics will probably be reported after that. I honestly don't know the location but it appears the show is taking into account the anticipated throngs of lookie-loos. I hope to be amongst them!!! Actually, I'd like to be a volunteer. Oh wait...I'm in the throws of my own extreme condo makeover!

Comment

I wanna help! I like to donate my time and skills for good causes... but for this one I wanna see just how good the workmanship really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                          [...]Not a thing wrong with talking about it and you know a lot of people know. They just prefer it not be broadcast to the whole island. (well, how many local readers does this cool place have? LOL)[...]
                          Well, yes, there is a thing or 2 wrong with talking about specifics before the door knock! That's why specifics are withheld 'til after the door knock. Don't wanna ruin the surprise for the recipients.

Regardless of how many local readers this cool place has, this is still a public forum capable of ruining surprises.

Comment

Right before I moved they had a story in the paper about Extreme Home makeover.
                            A needy family applied and they got it BUT they were on a year LONG waiting list!

So the town I lived in did one for them,

I guess that once they apply it takes about 12 - 18 months to even have them show up at your home.
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              I dunno...Kalihi Valley is pretty cool! I know several non-ghetto type people who live there and have renovated their places substantially. One of 'em occasionally hangs out in HT!
                              eh, didnt mean to insinuate that ppl living in kalihi were not cool. im not familiar with the show, but have read the comments here.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X