Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Default Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Howdy, y'all...

SOMEBODY that uses this forum has got to know what part of the island that Tye Pennington and his crew are building on starting Monday June 4! Not a thing wrong with talking about it and you know a lot of people know. They just prefer it not be broadcast to the whole island. (well, how many local readers does this cool place have? LOL)

Input...need input, number five alive..LOL

aloha huggz~ K~

Default Re: Exteme Makeover Home Edition, HERE~~

Sorry I don't know the answer, but hopefully someone here will.
    Personally, I stopped watching the show about a year ago. I was going through too many boxes of Kleenex.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Didn't the show get the ax from ABC?

I used to watch it from the begining but lost touch....

Maybe cuz Ty got too obnoxious and yells too much on the show

I haven't heard a word about where they might be filming. I'm guessing they'll be somewhere out of town as that would certainly be more picturesque. Maybe the North Shore? Tutusue, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by glossyp View Post
    I haven't heard a word about where they might be filming. I'm guessing they'll be somewhere out of town as that would certainly be more picturesque. Maybe the North Shore? Tutusue, any ideas?
    Actually, I don't know! If I did and the location had not yet been released in the press, I wouldn't be the one to release it! I just checked the very public Hawaii Film Office blog and could find no mention of the show. Sorry.

I know whatcha mean, LN. I should buy stock in Kleenex!!! Two of my grandsons are obsessed with all things construction related so that's their favorite show. Here they are with Paul a couple of years ago...a dream come true for the little guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My brother-in-law who lives in Kalihi said they were considering something on his street; but for the life of me I couldnt figure out why they would want to do something in Kalihi... Do they usually work in the ghettos? =P
    He lives allllll the way in the back.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Hmmmm...could they consider ME at MWH?

Can they? Could they?

Pretty Plezzzzzzzzzzz!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    My brother-in-law who lives in Kalihi said they were considering something on his street; but for the life of me I couldnt figure out why they would want to do something in Kalihi... Do they usually work in the ghettos? =P
    He lives allllll the way in the back.
    I dunno...Kalihi Valley is pretty cool! I know several non-ghetto type people who live there and have renovated their places substantially. One of 'em occasionally hangs out in HT!

uh, they don't usually do new houses for rich folks - so, Kalihi could be one possible location. Their ads for this season said they were doing all 50 states this year so they will be coming. I for one would like to see what they really can do - I love the show, kleenex & all! I cry every time. and there are certainly some deserving families here. There are also a lot of "houseless" folks that would be well served by having a house built for them - I hope they look into things like that while here. A lot of people on the continent think if you live in Hawaii, you must be rich. Boy, is that a wrong concept!

http://www.hawaiifilmandvideo.com/blog/
    Quote Originally Posted by May 9th Blog
    ABC’s Extreme Home Makeover - Home Edition series begins filming season five’s premier show on Oahu for one week in late June or early July. Oahu was selected over Kauai. The production notified Kauai officials May 4. Ty Pennington hosts the show.
    From other things I gathered, a few families are told "you may be selected" and on the day construction starts they families are told.

The "door knock" is next week (not Monday, as I understand it!). Specifics will probably be reported after that. I honestly don't know the location but it appears the show is taking into account the anticipated throngs of lookie-loos. I hope to be amongst them!!! Actually, I'd like to be a volunteer. Oh wait...I'm in the throws of my own extreme condo makeover!

I wanna help! I like to donate my time and skills for good causes... but for this one I wanna see just how good the workmanship really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    [...]Not a thing wrong with talking about it and you know a lot of people know. They just prefer it not be broadcast to the whole island. (well, how many local readers does this cool place have? LOL)[...]
    Well, yes, there is a thing or 2 wrong with talking about specifics before the door knock! That's why specifics are withheld 'til after the door knock. Don't wanna ruin the surprise for the recipients.

Regardless of how many local readers this cool place has, this is still a public forum capable of ruining surprises.

Right before I moved they had a story in the paper about Extreme Home makeover.
    A needy family applied and they got it BUT they were on a year LONG waiting list!

So the town I lived in did one for them,

I guess that once they apply it takes about 12 - 18 months to even have them show up at your home.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    I dunno...Kalihi Valley is pretty cool! I know several non-ghetto type people who live there and have renovated their places substantially. One of 'em occasionally hangs out in HT!
    eh, didnt mean to insinuate that ppl living in kalihi were not cool. im not familiar with the show, but have read the comments here.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    eh, didnt mean to insinuate that ppl living in kalihi were not cool. im not familiar with the show, but have read the comments here.
    No problem! I was just trying to enlighten people to Kalihi Valley and that it's a hidden treasure, not a ghetto!

Tutusue, I stand, err sit corrected! you got that right that if they haven't notified the family then it would be wrong. I meant after the fact and during the building it wouldn't be, but then I didn't understand how they notify them, either.

We dig the show a lot and yet it sounds so fake when they say they are surprising the family, yet they always are up and all dressed early in the morn, all present and accounted for, etc. After I started the thread here I found an old article at the Star bulletin about Hawaii having been chosen, and how they do it.

They accept written applications, then choose a pool of people from those apps. from the chosen state, then they send people to that state to make the videos for their own producers, take them back and the family is chosen. however, they don't phone and tell them, but they tell a pool of the most deserving that they are among the pool, IF I got it right, so I guess this keeps them all at home and waiting for the knock on that Monday, and the one family supposedly really IS surprised.

Mufi said he knows what area of the island it is but that he of course ain't talkin. He said that on KSSK Friday. Heck, I don't want to spoil that family's surprise of course! I just want to know what community the traffic and excitement's about to happen in. surely by Monday night it'll be all over the news, and with KSSK's rockin posse, I bet someone will spot that bus....by the way, how will they have the bus here? Matson? a borrowed bus? LOL.....

the Hawaii show is indeed their season opener next Sept. Bring it on! I'm ready for cooler weather already.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Tutusue, I stand, err sit corrected! you got that right that if they haven't notified the family then it would be wrong. I meant after the fact and during the building it wouldn't be[...]
    Discussion at that point is fine and, hopefully, we'll get many reports from HTers! We can also discuss the show now, 'cept there isn't much to discuss!!! Maybe there'll be a cast member (or 2) sighting prior to the door knock! Does Ty surf?!

I'm curious to find out if there is any "remodel support" after the week of construction. That is, if detail work that's not integral to the reveal gets done after the fact or if the homeowners are on their own at that point.

I'm hoping the reveal doesn't take place on my moving day 'cuz I wanna see it...live...with a box of Kleenex in hand!!!

Discussion at that point is fine and, hopefully, we'll get many reports from HTers! We can also discuss the show now, 'cept there isn't much to discuss!!! Maybe there'll be a cast member (or 2) sighting prior to the door knock! Does Ty surf?!
    I saw him on one of the evening news casts last night participating in the Access Surf event. I don't remember which station I was watching, but they plastered his name across the bottom of the screen.

I saw him on one of the evening news casts last night participating in the Access Surf event. I don't remember which station I was watching, but they plastered his name across the bottom of the screen.
    Is that a local event?

I saw Tye, too!, First from a distance cuz he was out with the surf then up close and recognizable. It was on KGMB's ten PM news. Maybe they have a video of it at their website, or are they the only tv news that doesn't provide news videos? can't recall but one doesn't and I think the others do.

How many Sears are there on island? I only use the one at Pearlridge. Let's all go shop Sears this week. The one I want to have a sighting of and maybe hug his neck is Michael. Well, I dig all of the guys on that show but Michael has this huge smile and reminds me of some guy from highschool.

Is that a local event?
    Aha! Found it here. Very cool.

No problem! I was just trying to enlighten people to Kalihi Valley and that it's a hidden treasure, not a ghetto!
    an besides if they was to do it in da ghetto of kalihi they'd have to fight of Rats the size of small poodles LOL I know I remembah big dang things down there.... survivor of Puuhale rd.... LOL
    Support Lung Cancer Research

I, for one, hope the home is in Kalihi Valley rather than the west side or north shore. I don't have much gawking time between remodeling and packing so I'm hoping for a short drive! How selfish is that?

Good luck getting near enough to see it and I don't mean that smarty like, I am sincere. I suspect that the HPD that love to close off roads will make sure most of us don't even get a peek.

I dunno why but I keep thinking it's probably really rural like Waimanalo area, and yet don't have a solid clue. Why hasn't someone posted about it that drove past it or heard about it? Darnit.....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast