Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exteme Makeover Home Edition, HERE~~

Wow, I had missed that article, so thanks for the link. Oh wow, too cool...a place where you wouldn't expect, Hmmm....not Waimanalo, Wahiawa or North Shore? I didn't see anything unusual in Mililani today, but that doesn't prove anything. Kalihi after all?? Man, curiosity and trying to guess is fun.

KSSK was wondering if they've surprised the family by nine AM and I was thinking.....dang! it's usually earlier than that, but dunno.

As popular as this website is then surely someone will post soon about where it is. C'mon!!
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

more info here:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...549823671.html
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Yes, just found it and man is this a beautiful story!! Woo hoo, Kalihi for real, and yet the house sounds dangerously in disrepair, and oh wow, gonna be a two hour special!! God bless this family and wow, He has. I am digging it and so jazzed. The mom especially sounds like what I call an "earthly angel."

Man, I live Central island and won't be getting a peek, selfishly. Tutu, how about you? how's the move going and do you think you'll get over there?

Okay, enough of my selfishness. Now that it isn't a secret anymore....if any reader is a volunteer, business person or in ANY way gets a peek, please take the time to post when you can and share with us.

I dig good news and this is, so just another "wow" in closing.

Comment

Because I work in the non-profit sector, I've had the pleasure of meeting Momi on several occasions and I am so very happy for her and her entire `ohana.

Fabulous doesn't even begin to describe her. She's truly deserving of this wonderful opportunity!
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
            [...]if any reader is a volunteer[...]please take the time to post when you can and share with us.[...]
            Will do! I'll know more tomorrow. BTW, the "door knock" was always scheduled for today, not last Monday! I was sworn to secrecy altho' I didn't know the location!

A big congratulations to the Akana Ohana! And they get a 2 hour special, to boot. This has got to be a dream come true for the HVCB!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Keep in mind there are probably lotsa stories floating around...intentionally, I'd guess.

Wow! It's been decades since I've been referred to as "gal". My avatar proves that!

NOT! I use it all the time and you're one of my favorite gals!

This is a great gift for the Akana Ohana in Kalihi. What a blessing. Great to see good works rewarded.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

What a great story!!

TheHawaiiChannel (aka KITV News) has a whole section on it. You can find it http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/extr...aii/index.html . It will be great to see the pictures of the every day movement. I also commend the neighbors who will have their lives turned upside down with the 24 hour construction going on.

This is one I will want to watch from the beginning!

Comment

Watch me blow the cover! FYI...all you autograph seekers and curious...I live almost by KV....but the next valley kkhd. However, a few times when I did a side job, and my parents close friend lives in KV, per what images i saw on kitv's website, IF u know along time ago when this stretch of Kalihi St road used to "house satellite dishes" in a lot...and nearby, sometimes there were cows pasteurizing in that massive grassy area....well, thats where the PROD Crew is housed at...I assume starting today, traffic will be definetely CHOKE! Please be patient cuz the road is a 2 way, but sometimes narrow...

Comment

I doubt they'll allow lookie-loos into the valley. Shuttle service has been arranged.

Comment

Mahalo for the links!! I love EMHE and cannot wait to see this ep come the new season!
                      Lovena

Comment

Re: Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Any of us can go to Pier 38 and be shuttled in to watch the process. Knowing me, I won't even leave Central Oahu to go to the pier to get my ride into there, LOL. I dunno....anything can happen and hubby and I are both fans of the show.

Comment

Heh. The bad part of me have this overwhelming urge to want to sabotage the show by making them go longer than 7 days.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            Heh. The bad part of me have this overwhelming urge to want to sabotage the show by making them go longer than 7 days.
                            Yeah, that would sure give the world a good impression of Hawai`i.

Good thing you were kidding.
                            I hope.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

LOL on the sabotage joke. It's already an eight day build according to some accounts. Heck, why would that be so bad? is the seven day build for keeping costs down? I suppose....cuz otherwise it couldn't matter to viewers how long it took, with film editing.

Comment

It's probably an 8 day build because of renovating the Keiki O Ka Aina headquarters down the street...and because it's a 2 hour special.

Comment

Working...
                                X