Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exteme Makeover Home Edition in Hawaii

Just returned from Kalihi Valley where Paige and Michael oversaw a really cute project that will be apparent in the reveal. Landscaping is at full throttle. The exteriors of both buildings appear to be complete. "Move in" starts tomorrow afternoon. Energy is still high. Mud has abated, fortunately!

Comment

Are any of you going out tomorrow to help welcome the family home?
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
        Are any of you going out tomorrow to help welcome the family home?
        I'd love to but, no. Last I heard I'd need to get there pretty early to be included in the maximum number of people who will be allowed. I can't afford a lengthy time commitment tomorrow. Hopefully there will be some decent news coverage otherwise I'll have to wait for Sept. 23!

Comment

I hear ya and yet I hope they actually get the maximum allowed. So many islanders work and since it's a workday, no wonder Michael was on tv a few days ago inviting the whole island to come welcome them home.

It's one AM and if I don't crash and get some needed sleep I won't be having a morning at all.

Comment

Last night I heard that Sea Life Park threw a luau for some of the dignitaries, family members, and close friends. Also that the family returned 11:00p last night and stayed overnight at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Comment

wow! they just showed the home and the family's return on the channel 2 news. what an awesome home!!!

joe said that the family would be on their 10 o'clock news tomorrow night to talk about this experience...
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                wow! they just showed the home and the family's return on the channel 2 news. what an awesome home!!!

joe said that the family would be on their 10 o'clock news tomorrow night to talk about this experience...
                Really? KITV4 News didn't get first dib?
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  Really? KITV4 News didn't get first dib?
                  hmmm. don't know anything about it; just reporting what joe said. maybe the family will be on the morning news or 6 o'clock news on kitv?
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

It is a beautiful home and the center is so nice looking! Wow, can't wait to be able to see inside.

Now that a home in our area has been done I hope we'll be able to learn how the taxes are handled. I don't mean the property tax, but the gift and income tax. I wonder if every state handles it as "hands off" as the federal govt. appears to. Don't mean to be a wet blanket but can't help but be curious. Have googled it and read that the show tries to work around any gift or income tax by "renting" the home for the week, and that there's come clause in taxes, some loophole but I admit I still don't understand it.

Comment

They showed the house ALREADY?!?!?
                      hmmmmmm isnt the idea of keeping da house its final look a mystery by watching the show?

Well I saw pics of them via THE ADVERTISER and indeed look niiiiiiiiiiiiicccccce

Soooo is the show goin to be airing SEPTEMBER 2007?

Comment

This is a very small island, very small town - it's not like we can't just drive past the property & see the house. It's even on a main bus route. Kind of hard to keep the look of the house a secret!
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Danny, it is supposed to air on Sept. 23. They didn't let any pics of the inside of the house be shown, nor would they let the cameras audio for tv news get close enough to the family that we could hear their first reactions, words of thanks, etc. They clearly said they were saving all of that for the show, but nah, they can't keep it a secret, within reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                            Danny, it is supposed to air on Sept. 23. They didn't let any pics of the inside of the house be shown, nor would they let the cameras audio for tv news get close enough to the family that we could hear their first reactions, words of thanks, etc. They clearly said they were saving all of that for the show, but nah, they can't keep it a secret, within reason.
                            We did get a view of the family's backsides as they did the "MOVE THAT BUS!" on KHON2 last night.

I had a feeling they weren't going to show the family's reaction, but it was nice to see the cameras get close enough to show Ty walking with the family outside the house.
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

you can read and see more here:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...706140364/1001

what an awesome experience for the selected family but also for the many who volunteered their time and skills!

Comment

You know with the valuation going wayyyyy up due to the lot improvements there, how will she afford the property tax assessment when it comes due?

I do understand that this was a "Gift" to her so there may be no taxable consequence, but even a gift has taxable value, so I'm not sure how to interpret this when it comes tax time both in income and property.

I hope she has a good accountant to sort thru this so she can keep this magnificant piece of property.

Timkona...any suggestions from a real estate expert?
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X