boom! Boom! BOOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boom! Boom! BOOM!

I'm in my office in Kakaako right now and am hearing lots of...booms! Sometimes they sound like thunder, other times like the fireworks off of the HHV. Boom after boom after boom. They seem to be coming from several different directions. I can't see anything when I look outside. Is anyone else hearing what I'm hearing?

ETA - now it sounds like continuous, rumbling thunder...

Re: boom! Boom! BOOM!

wow i hear it too....I have my dishwasher, dryer, and TV going...so i didn't hear it till now. I'm in Makiki and it sounds like its coming from the West. Kinda long too

Comment

It's a fireworks show they've been talking about for a few days, and it was supposed to be huge and noisy. One listing said:

"Royal Cosmetics Co. Ltd. presents a FIREWORKS SHOW in celebration of its 20th anniversary.

"Where: along Waikiki Beach, fronting the Royal Hawaiian Hotel

"Time: 8:45 p.m.

"Cost: free

"More information: 953-2277"

And there you BOOM have it!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Thanks, LN. Wow! The finale kinda psyched me out, after which I saw your reply. From my perch in Kakaako, the sounds sometimes came from downtown and other times from Waikikl area. Dang, wish I'd been at Discovery Bay!

Comment

I was kinda wondering what those noises were.

So, I looked out my front door, they were pretty neat!!. WOWZER!!. I thought they only have them on Friday nights & only for 5 minutes or so??

What?? Now they are going to start having it on Monday nights, too now??

I hope so!!.

I tried to watch it longer, but I was only wearing shorts & tank top, & I got so cold from the wind & the rain, & decided to comeback inside.

Atleast I was able to see some really cool fire works, even though they were at a far off distance, but I could still watch it.

Aloha. =)
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
            [...]I thought they only have them on Friday nights & only for 5 minutes or so??

What?? Now they are going to start having it on Monday nights, too now??

I hope so!!. [...]
            Post #3 above explains this one time event! From the sounds of it, it musta been spectacular!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Post #3 above explains this one time event! From the sounds of it, it musta been spectacular!
              I heard they had the first 24" shell detonated in Hawaii.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                I heard they had the first 24" shell detonated in Hawaii.
                yup, it was on the channel 2 news last night and i should have posted an announcemtnt; the story contained a shot of the final shell and it's huge. my daughter and i watched it from magic island (along with a lot of other people) and the show did not disappoint. miraculously, when the fireworks began, the skies cleared and it was perfect!
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I live all the way in Aliamanu and I could hear it all the way here! I tried to get a glimpse of the show, but all I could see were multi-colored small dots. Still, it was pretty loud over here -- it was loud enough to make the all the dogs bark!

I saw news footage earlier tonight telling everyone about the show, and judging from the labels, the world famous Grucci Brothers were running the show. I would have loved to have been there to see and hear that 24-inch shell go off. Hopefully they'll bring one of those to BayFest this year.

It's funny...I consider myself a makeup and cosmetics fiend and I've never heard of Royal Cosmetics Japan. Do they go by any other names?
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I live in Makiki, by Punahou School. Saw the big shell go off - it was HUGE!!! Usually I can only see the edges of the fireworks from my front door but that was really big & quite beautiful.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

wow, all of these witnesses, and no pictures?
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The Friday night fireworks are staged by the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                          The Friday night fireworks are staged by the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
                          Uh, bruddah. Try check da calendah. I tink was MONDAY night dis time.
                          Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Comment

I was referring to SERENITY'S comments (#5) about Friday night fireworks ..........

Comment

Oop. So solly! Was only trying to be funny, anyway.
                              Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Comment

Working...
                              X