Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advertiser Cutbacks

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    You're good, Blaine! I didn't even notice a photographer around!!! Wonder if you'll see me?!!
    Pix are on my work machine. Won't be back in office until Mon. p.m. Will post them somewhere, then.
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

How strange to see names I know. I know Wayne and I went to school with Richard.

Comment

Hey LavaGal, apparently, I was standing RIGHT BEHIND YOU, taking pictures!

I'll bet that's you!

http://www.zztype.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=46421

Aloha,

Blaine
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

that's me, but I wish I was standing straighter! I was right behind my husband. Well, you got sort of my best side, haha! I had my head down so I could hear better, as the traffic was really bad. I'm eager for this to conclude.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

SB this morning says the vote to strike was authorized by a 358-17 margin. I could feel the stress in the breadwinner mom's concern about what a strike would mean for her family.
            SB story

Comment

Wow, guess I haven't kept up with things, missed the announcement on the strike authorization vote until now.

I wish the Tiser folks the best of luck, but I am concerned, especially since reading about how the last Gannett strike went with the Detroit News back in the mid 90's. The articles I'm finding online shows the strike lasted 583 days and in the meantime they brought in 1,400 replacement workers, most of whom kept their jobs permanently after the strike was over.

Very scary. I remember the Bulletin was afraid to vote for a strike, with some members believing that we would push Black over the edge so soon after his wife died. They got their paycuts back eventually which is great but I wonder now what would have happened if we had gone all the way.

Comment

Working...
              X