"Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Anybody notice the painting of a woman on the wall of Ben's house? It could be seen behind Locke during their confrontational scene. I thought at first it was really creepy that he had a portrait of Juliet there but then realized later it's probably his mother. Or was it the unnamed woman who Harper stated that Juliet was a dead ringer for? (I've read speculation, maybe even here, that that was supposed to be Ben's childhood playmate who one would surmise perished in the Purge.)

And speaking of paintings, was the landscape in Widmore's hallway a depiction of the island? Went by too quick to know for sure but it was something that crossed my mind.

I don't know why I happened to notice two background paintings in the same episode last night. Gotta chalk it up to HDTV!

Comment

Haven't gone back to look, but, yes, the painting in the hallway at Widmore's caught my eye, too - definitely looked like the Ko`olau cliffs.

Comment

Have any of you ever heard of the Time Loop Theory? A Lost fan out there has a site dedicated to his very detailed and elaborate theory of what is going on on the show. It explains things so well -- including last nite's episode -- that I feel obliged to tag this a spoiler.

http://timelooptheory.com

The news and updates on the first page won't make much sense until you've read his theory. Scroll down to the bottom of that first page and click on "The Timeline (Main Theory)"

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
          Methinks there is a portal. Perhaps a one way portal?
          It seems that there are at least 2 portals, maybe more.

The first portal is somewhere east of Fuji and both ends of this portal is over open water. This is the portal that Oceanic 815 came thru as well as Rousseau's ship, Desmond's sailboat and currenly being used by the freighter crew.

The second portal is somewhere off Africa's Atlantic coast, while one end of the portal is over open water in the Atlantic, the other end of the portal is on the island's landmass. This is how Eko's Beechcraft and the Blackrock ended up on the island.

I suspect that a third portal exist that the submarine uses.

The episode of 4/24 suggest that there is fourth portal that both ends are on land, however the outside world end is someplace cold and it may be a junction point to other portals around the world.

I don't know at this time if the portal that Michael took to leave the island was using the first or third portal or there is yet another portal.

And supply drops from the air might use the second portal or their might yet another portal which brings the count to six different portals.

I also suspect that the island is on Earth but not in the South Pacific east of Fuji.

Comment

Wasn't it Eko's brother's Beechcraft? Or did I miss something . . .

Comment

You didn't miss anything. Sure Eko's wasn't in the Beechcraft, his brother was in it. But still the plane can be traced back to Eko as opposed to anyone else on Oceanic 815.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                The first portal is somewhere east of Fuji and both ends of this portal is over open water.

I also suspect that the island is on Earth but not in the South Pacific east of Fuji.
                Sorry about that, it's Fiji not Fuji.

Comment

So this flash forward of Jack is after the end of Kate's trial and is the start of Jack sliding into despair.

And from the dialogue between Jack and Kate at the end of the episode hints that Sawyer is still alive back on the island.

Too bad that Sawyer was sleeping when Claire saw Dr. Sheppard holding Aaron, figured Sawyer would have said something like "he is your daddy too?", maybe later in some future episode.

Comment

Kind of weird episode but it was nice to see almost everyone in the episode, not to mention the return of Richard.

The really weird part is the dead ship's doctor. He beat getting to the island even though Sayid left first on a motor powered boat and the helicopter left about the same time he was killed.

Comment

• Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Kind of weird episode but it was nice to see almost everyone in the episode, not to mention the return of Richard.

The really weird part is the dead ship's doctor. He beat getting to the island even though Sayid left first on a motor powered boat and the helicopter left about the same time he was killed.
                      Yeah, distortions in the space-time continuum are funny that way...
                      No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

I find it funny that Tunisia is exactly geographically 'opposite' from the area near Fiji where the plane crashed. (thank you see-thru globe!)
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

What was the deal with Frank the pilot dropping the lostPhone to the castaways? It seemed like he was making a concerted effort to conceal it from Keamy before leaving the freighter, but I don't get how he could then drop it at the beach without being detected. Or for that matter, why Keamy wouldn't just make him land on the beach directly so he and his men could wipe out the whole group. If Keamy wanted Jack et al to follow them, why would Frank hide it?

Adoloescent Locke's drawing of the smoke monster shows a deeper and earlier connection with the island than ever displayed. Remember the first season he was the first to stare Smoky in the eye and we've yet to know what he saw. And was Richard's "interview" with him set up solely to infuse an inner determination within? (He told his teacher something to the effect of "Don't tell me what I can't do!" Am I imagining a similar declaration when the travel agency told him he couldn't go on walkabout because of his wheelchair?) And the fact that Abbadon pretty much packed his bag for the walkabout makes it pretty clear there was nothing random in Locke getting to the island.

And did it seem like Claire's personality had completely changed from the two or so lines she had in the cabin? She's always been kind of harpy/uptight, but there she seemed so relaxed, so "at home" while with dear old dad it was really creepy to me.

Comment

After 4 years, Lost finally shows a part of Oahu as itself, in this case the Kalaeloa Airport (used to be known as the Barbers Point Naval Air Station).

Multiple flashforwards of 5 the Oceanic 6 in the episode.
                            1) Kate and Aaron coming to the outside world
                            2) Sayid meets Naida
                            3) Sun getting enough money from Oceanic to buy controlling interest in her dad's company.
                            4) Hurley's birthday and the numbers appearing on the fixed up car's odometer.
                            5) Jack doing a service for his dad and finally being told that Claire is his sister (I guess the mom recovered from her coma).

Comment

My wife and I blogged our thoughts in detail on tonight's episode. I liked it a lot, and how all of Season 4 is coming together. She was a little more critical. It was great to finally get the Jack and Claire reveal. And now all that remains is the two-hour finale. In two weeks.

Locations: The Oceanic 6 arrival was filmed out at Hangar 111 at Barber’s Point. Hurley’s Mansion was along Farmers Road in Kahala. Christian Shephard’s funeral was held at St. Patrick in Kaimuki.

Comment

I had a good laugh at the kid in the yellow t-shirt at Hurley's party who was looking right into the camera!

This episode had many great moments. But the worst part? That after another kick-ass episode in the most kick-assingest season of Lost, there is a week off. A DAMN WEEK OFF! I feel like that crackhead in Menace II Society. I want to call the producers of Lost and tell them, "Come on man, hook me up with a new episode. I got these cheeseburgers. They some double cheeseburgers!"

This now throws off my schedule and in two weeks, when the season finale airs, I will be in Hawaii.

The last time I was away and tried to watch Lost on the road, it was when "The Constant" episode aired. I ended up watching it on ABC.com on my laptop screen. Certainly not a bad set-up, but "The Constant" turned out to be ONLY THE BEST HOUR IN THE HISTORY OF FREAKING TELEVISION. It was like getting to drink a 1959 Clos des Goisses, but having to do so in a Mimosa made with orange Kool-Aid, out of a Sponge Bob plastic cup through a silly straw. I know, I cried like a bitch when Desmond phoned Penny at the end, but still.

So... here's what I need: someone who is willing to have me over at their house where we will watch the season finale of Lost.

Must haves:
                                * Big-ass HDTV screen.
                                * DVR or TiVo. This is a must so that we can rewind and rewatch the important killer details. Also, so that we can start watching 30 minutes later to zap through some of the commercials.
                                * Quiet location.
                                * Comfy chairs.

Come on. I'll bring the fish biscuits. Or these cheeseburgers. They some double cheese burgers!

I am serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X