John From Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John From Cincinnati

I watched the first episode and I might be hooked. It got rave reviews in the media.

Not quite a replacement for the Sopranos, yet, but starting out with some interesting family dynamics. I like the choice of Rebecca de Mornay as the grandma---finally, a grandma who doesn't look like Ma Kettle.

And grandparents having sex!!! Who'dathunkit?

Re: John From Cincinnati

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    I watched the first episode and I might be hooked. It got rave reviews in the media.

Not quite a replacement for the Sopranos, yet, but starting out with some interesting family dynamics. I like the choice of Rebecca de Mornay as the grandma---finally, a grandma who doesn't look like Ma Kettle.

And grandparents having sex!!! Who'dathunkit?
    I caught the last half of this show, It looked interesting from the git go, and yea, Rebecca DeMornay piqued my interest, as I think she's a good actress.

I'll most likely get hooked on this, given it's next to Entourage time slot.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Re: John From Cincinnati

Cancelled by HBO the day after it's season finale.

I don't think anyone in here watched it but, despite NEVER knowing what it was all about, I liked the show. I watched every episode.

I likened it to some real, out there BeBop jazz. Great players, but VERY abstract music, that you could never sing along to.

I'd tune in every week just to see if it would EVER make sense, but it never did. But, somehow I was ok with that. I just liked the characters on the show, even though Rebecca DeMornay's charater was IMPOSSIBLE to like...she was such a psycho beeotch.

I kinda wish HBO intervened and force creator David Milch to make it a little more understandable, this way, people could latch onto it.

Now that I know it's cancelled, I miss it already. I'm probably the only one.

I don't know...butchie instead.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
      X