"So You Think You Can Dance"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "So You Think You Can Dance"

I never watched this show before but, being stuck in a hotel room with limited TV channel choices a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a try.

These kids are fantastic! I think the Japanese kid with the British accent is adorable---love the way he seems to defy gravity. I've set my DVR.

Anybody else watching?

Re: "So You Think You Can Dance" 2007

I usually have it on in the background -- one eye on the tv, one on the PC while I web browse.

They have some very talented dancers on that show! The man of Japanese background has charisma. I hope he goes far in the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
      I never watched this show before but, being stuck in a hotel room with limited TV channel choices a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a try.

These kids are fantastic! I think the Japanese kid with the British accent is adorable---love the way he seems to defy gravity. I've set my DVR.

Anybody else watching?
      I love this show and have watched for several seasons ~ I’m a dance junkie and will watch any dance ~ but this contest is really good and has some excellent dancers. Mia Michaels (judge) is one of the best chorographers around today incredibly creative, she choreographs for Cirque du Soleils. Mary Murphy, (judge) and her "screams" can be a bit hard to take but the show is good enough to overlook her vocal enthusiasm. Yea the Japanese kid is adorable ~ hope he can do all of the various dance styles required of these kids. I think Lacy is someone to watch her cousin Benji won last season, not my favorite but still a dancer with fantastic altitude, the guy could "fly".
      "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

I think Lacey is Benji's sister. So far, I think she's a better dancer than he is. I really really dislike Mary's screams.

I was disappointed Ricky got voted off. I'm not trained in any style of dance but I couldn't tell why the judges were saying he just wasn't trying his best ~ he still seemed to be a better dancer than one of the other two guys who were on the line.

I really like that the show shows pieces of the dancers learning the routine before showing the final version. It's amazing to me that the choreographers can envision a dance in their heads, put all the moves together and teach it to other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
          I think Lacey is Benji's sister. So far, I think she's a better dancer than he is. I really really dislike Mary's screams.

I was disappointed Ricky got voted off. I'm not trained in any style of dance but I couldn't tell why the judges were saying he just wasn't trying his best ~ he still seemed to be a better dancer than one of the other two guys who were on the line.

I really like that the show shows pieces of the dancers learning the routine before showing the final version. It's amazing to me that the choreographers can envision a dance in their heads, put all the moves together and teach it to other people.
          So Lacey is Benji's sister, it would be interesting if she won this season...I was also disappointed when Ricky got voted off, I thought he was good and didn't really get a fair chance to show how good he was. The back stage rehersal footage is really cool and it always looks as if they will never get the routine down. Yes, it is amazing how the choreographers make their magic ~ They do sometimes use a form of "notation" called Labanotation, one can record objectively the changes in the angles of the limbs, the paths in space, and the flow of energy as well as addressing subtle distinction of movement motivation and facial expression. Some use Labanotation and some just have it all in their head through visions of movement. Can't really figure out who the top runners will be this season ~ I thought Lacey was great ~ but one must remember that the choreographers play a big role in how the dancers present their movement to us and Lacey's choreographer was Mia...
          "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It is my favorite show in the summer & I have watched both of the previous seasons.

I agree - Lacy is one to be reckoned with, which actually surprised me. Watching her in the auditions, I didn't think she had that much going for her and would be annoying, but I actually like her.

Mary's screams are so annoying and are getting louder and more frequent each season.

I also like Hok (the Japanese/English kid) & have watched him trying all three seasons. One of his friends made it one season, but couldn't handle the other dances...I hope he doesn't have this problem, but think he will.

My favorite type of dance is the hip/hop routines, but the show has taught me an appreciation for contemporary/lyrical.

Comment

This is by far the best season ~ incredible dancers that can morph into any dance style imaginable. When a lyrical dancer can crump as well as foxtrot that is a huge achievement. They just get better every week!! I love watching these kids even with the "screams". Can't make up my mind as to who is the best couple but the Asian guy and his partner were incredible, a fantastic chorographer helps ~ he has sure done a lot to mainstream hip-hop. I think Ashlee was the name of the girl that was having heart issues, (still going through tests) too bad she was one of my favorites.

Comment

Love this show! The talent is just incredible! Did you all see Hok and his partner do the butterfly and hummingbird dance last night? It was absolutely stunning! The beauty of their agility, movement and total control actually moved me to tears!

Comment

Originally posted by Hope View Post
                  Love this show! The talent is just incredible! Did you all see Hok and his partner do the butterfly and hummingbird dance last night? It was absolutely stunning! The beauty of their agility, movement and total control actually moved me to tears!
                  Me too Hope...

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
                    This is by far the best season ~ incredible dancers that can morph into any dance style imaginable. When a lyrical dancer can crump as well as foxtrot that is a huge achievement. They just get better every week!! I love watching these kids even with the "screams". Can't make up my mind as to who is the best couple but the Asian guy and his partner were incredible, a fantastic chorographer helps ~ he has sure done a lot to mainstream hip-hop. I think Ashlee was the name of the girl that was having heart issues, (still going through tests) too bad she was one of my favorites.
                    It was Jessi that was in the hospital not Ashlee and btw she was voted off last night ~ too bad she was good but she should have never danced for her life doing the routine she did last night mediocor hip-hop at best.... The guys that danced solo were incredible, I sure wouldn't have wanted to say who should go home, but they did make the right choice.

Comment

Anyone Follow So You Think You Can Dance?

So, yeah...anybody watch So You Think You Can Dance on FOX? I love this show! My favorite pair is Twitch and Kherington Payne.
                      Local Kine True Pictures of Hawaii

Comment

Re: Anyone Follow So You Think You Can Dance?

i'm trying to follow it. got it taped and haven't yet viewed it. better hurry up!
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        reflect, repent and reboot.
                        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I'm into the show now that they have the top 20 (now 18!) finalists...and I'm into it for the wrong reason...Keiki o ka aina...MARK KANEMURA! I forget who he's dancing with but even tho' their choreographer didn't hold out much hope for Mark last week, he really pulled it off. Beautiful dance. I voted 10 times!

Comment

That's right! Mark Kanemura is paired with Chelsie Hightower. I'm always out on Wed and Thur nights...Thank goodness for DVRs!
                            Local Kine True Pictures of Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by localkine.org View Post
                              My favorite pair is Twitch and Kherington Payne.
                              You mean Twitchington!

My roommate was a dancer so she's a devoted watcher, and I'll usually sit down and watch with her if I'm around. I know squat about dancing but it's pretty entertaining and it's fun listening to my roommate give her expert commentary.
                              Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Working...
                              X