"So You Think You Can Dance"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "So You Think You Can Dance"

About tonight's decision show, in case people recorded it, haven't seen it yet and don't wanna know until they get to watch it.
    Well Mark Kanemura is doing good! Was the guy who got voted off tonight the one who studied under Debbie Allen?

Comment

I hope you guys caught Mark and Chelsie tonight or have it on DVR because if not, you missed out.

None of the other couples were even close! I swear, that kid makes it look so easy.

What a masterpiece.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

It's amazing that both Mark and Chelsie look so young and goofy off stage and so very different onstage. They not only look good, but they can generate real passion between them when they dance together and look a lot like rascal siblings otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
          It's amazing that both Mark and Chelsie look so young and goofy off stage and so very different onstage. They not only look good, but they can generate real passion between them when they dance together and look a lot like rascal siblings otherwise.
          I can't stop watching their performance from last night. I don't know why!

Mark and Chelsie's Hip Hop

Comment

OUCH! That performance was so good it was painful! And the choreography was amazing.

As has been mentioned over the course of this season's SYTYCD, Mark was a teacher at Marcelo Pacleb's 24/7 Dance Force in Kaneohe. IIRC, Mark was a student at 24/7 prior to teaching. Anyway, I've had the opportunity to not only audition 24/7 dancers at my studio but to also cast out of Marcelo's studio. Those are the casting sessions I don't want to see end. The kid's are always a thrill to watch, esp. when I bring music they've not heard and ask them to improv.

Ten years ago I asked Marcelo if he'd start a dance troup called 54/7!!! Hmmm...now it would have to be called 64/7...and it would need to be a bit slower!

In another thread I mentioned that in my next lifetime I want to come back as a food stylist. Wrong! I want to come back as a dancer!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              In another thread I mentioned that in my next lifetime I want to come back as a food stylist. Wrong! I want to come back as a dancer!

"...i feel like dancin' dancin' dancin' the night away...." careful, don't get hurt and don't forget to watch tonight.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                [...]and don't forget to watch tonight.
                I'm watchin'...altho' I still haven't finished watching last night! SYTYCD is not a show I'd typically watch but I'm doing so because of Mark. Dayam...the choreography and the dancing are incredible! Kat's dress, otoh, leaves a lot to be desired. Where's Steven Kojikaru (sp?) when I need him?!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  I'm watchin'...altho' I still haven't finished watching last night! SYTYCD is not a show I'd typically watch but I'm doing so because of Mark. Dayam...the choreography and the dancing are incredible! Kat's dress, otoh, leaves a lot to be desired. Where's Steven Kojikaru (sp?) when I need him?!
                  Oh that dress was just AWFUL. Looks like she tucked the entire tablecloth under her chin and walked away from the table.
                  I love Mark. I was mesmerized by that performance last night. He is quirky, stunning, very charismatic. IMHO the most magical of all the dancers.
                  I started watching this show last year because I was stuck in a hotel room in Campbell, CA. I was there because my daughter had to have very major surgery. Alone in that hotel room with minimal TV choices. I would never have started watching that show under normal circumstances but last year, as I channel-surfed in that hotel room I settled on that show and promptly got hooked.
                  I'm glad I did. It's so much damn fun!
                  Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; June 27, 2008, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Deer Loward Mary Murphy is annoying. She does know what she's talking about but she makes it hard to listen to her.

Comment

What? You can't get with the hot tamale train?! Must say, I agree with you 'cept Mary makes for good tv. She's not boring in the least...annoying and totally over the top, but not boring!

There was some darn good dancing tonight regardless of what the judges said. And, the choreography was outstanding. Ditto for last week.

GO MARK...

Comment

Yay for live East Coast Bloggers!

Mark and Chelsie are safe this week and will head into the Top 10. Top 10 = compete individually and an automatic in in the SYTYCD tour.

Bottom three tonight:

Kherington and Twitch
                        Will and Jessica
                        Comfort and Thayne

I'd love Jessica going home more than anything, but will be happy if Comfort goes. Just send her home already! She's been in the bottom 3 how many weeks in a row!

YES! COMFORT AND THAYNE ARE DONE! Poor Thayne, though. If he had another partner, I'm sure he would have last another week.
                        Last edited by Lei Liko; July 10, 2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

i still haven't watched last night's show--got it taped and will tape tonight's as well.
                          "chaos reigns within.
                          reflect, repent and reboot.
                          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Hmmmm, I think Tabitha and Napolean borrowed a move from Travis Wall (when he danced as a female contestant in the try-out phase) for their opening number.

Comment

I didn't see Travis' audition but I thought the opening number was dynamite! But, the show stoppers were the Alvin Ailey dancers. They absolutely rock my soul and have for decades. The Best.

OMG...I just saw Will's solo. Awesome. He's Alvin Ailey material.

Comment

Travis' surprise audition
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=X9EbA0bpK5w

The move I mean is when he does a handstand and winds up with his feet peddling while he's balanced on his head.

Comment

Working...
                                X