"So You Think You Can Dance"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "So You Think You Can Dance"

Anybody else thought Mark drew the short straw last night?

Mark Kanemura was in the bottom 2 tonight.

Still, he escaped elimination when Gev was sent packing.

For the ladies, Comfort (who came back after Jessica broke 2 ribs) and Kherington were in the bottom 2, and Kherington was eliminated.

VOTE VOTE VOTE everybody! The judges no longer have the power!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I did think Kanemura started to lose a little of his shine when he had to change partner. But the judges were generally complimentary to him last night, at least in comparison to Kherington.

Comment

Based only on my voting, from a sudsy bathtub, I thought Mark was assured of not being in the bottom 2! Thank God for the redial button! But, yes, his performance was negatively impacted by Kherington. Mark's a much better dancer. She was lucky to have been paired with Twitch to begin with. Katee's amazing. So is Will. The ballet number was breathtaking.

I thought once American Idol and Dancing With the Stars were pau, I'd be finished with tv 'til next January. Not true...

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
          VOTE VOTE VOTE everybody![/spoiler]
          I could say the same for this fall's elections.

As Steve Uyehara says, "There are more people voting in a singing contest. What's up with that?"
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Go, tutusue, go! Otherwise I have a sneaking suspicion that Mark may go home this week.

Comment

I did, Adri, I did! During a lengthy, post show, soak in the tub I hit redial for the entire duration. I thought his performances were excellent. Trouble is, everyone else's were better. Whatta night full of incredible dancing. Will and Katee's "door" dance to Duffy's "Mercy", choreographed by Mia Michaels was breathtaking.

I think Mark and Comfort are on shaky ground.

Comment

Poor Mark. He can't catch a break.

I was really pissed last night to learn that Comfort's had technical training and attended a performing arts school. That obviously did not show in any of her performances.

I'd hate for Mark to be eliminated tonight, but I won't be surprised if he does. I voted for the entire 2 hours last night on both phones...yay for redial. Hopefully Mark's fans did the same to keep him safe from elimination and send Twitch home instead.

I'll be reading the open results thread on the SYTYCD blog!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                  [...]I was really pissed last night to learn that Comfort's had technical training and attended a performing arts school. That obviously did not show in any of her performances.

[...]Hopefully Mark's fans did the same to keep him safe from elimination and send Twitch home instead.[...]
                  KHON had been airing short PSAs to vote for Mark. Professional photographer, Russell Tanoue, has had an ongoing email campaign since voting started. Still, I've never received a busy signal when calling in to vote...unlike trying to vote for Jasmine Trias on AI.

I wasn't surprised at all to learn that Comfort had training. Her roots are in hip-hop. For her to be thrown into ballroom and do admirably well caused me to believe that she had to have learned dance techniques somewhere other than the street!

Comment

MARK IS SAFE FOR ANOTHER WEEK!!!!!!!

Will, however, is in the bottom 2 -- along with Comfort for the girls.

Will (Nigel's favorite) and Comfort are sent packing.
                    Last edited by Lei Liko; July 24, 2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Yay tutusue! Now you can give your sore fingers and smoking, worn out phone a rest til next week

Comment

Oh man...oh man, oh man, oh man!!! Too many surprises for little tutu's fragile emotions! I loved all 4 guys and esp. love Joshua's back story. For him to have come this far is a testimony to his spirit. Twitch rocks my soul. Will was technically the best, I think. Dayam...how couldn't he be after all that training with Debbie Allen?! He shouldn't have been voted off at this point in the competition. Mark got lucky even tho' he's right up there with the best.

I love that the show incorporates ballet and that it's cool. The pas de deux to "The Man I Love" brought me to tears...a song I grew up with that I woulda never thought to pair with ballet. Gorgeous.

The big hit, however, is Mia Michaels. I've never seen choreography that so blatantly, boldly and clearly tells a story...no words or lyrics needed.

Congratulations, Lei. You and I, double handedly, got Mark thru! And congratulations to Mark. I so hope he's paired with Katee next week.

I really do hope that Will is hired by the Alvin Ailey Dance Co. Whatta perfect match that'd be.

I'm officially a wreck right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                          Yay tutusue! Now you can give your sore fingers and smoking, worn out phone a rest til next week ;
                          Lei was a double fisted voter. She put me to shame! I'd better start charging my phone batteries now1

Comment

Yay Lei Liko, too!

I felt so badly for Twitch, though, when I saw his reaction to being in the bottom 2.

Comment

I mentioned on another message board about KHON's PSAs encouraging people to vote for Mark as well as the email campaigns, etc. etc. and MAN...a lot of people were so pi$$ed at Hawai'i yesterday.

Someone went so far as to saying that it was like Jasmine Trias and AI all over again!.

Oh well, let's keep on pi$$ing them off, Hawai'i!!!!

Comment

go katee!

i was really thinking that a male was going to win this year (either twitch or will), but i think katee really has a shot.

also, this year, to me, has been the most moving as in emotionally. my goodness! i cry like a baby every week.
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                reflect, repent and reboot.
                                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Working...
                                X