No announcement yet.

Class reunions: what are they good for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Class reunions: what are they good for?

Went to both my 10 and 20 year reunions ( Waianae 86) and I enjoyed both of them immensely. At the 10 year got into a fight with some drunkard that tried to crash the party and started being really rude to some of the ladies. 20 year was just as fun and some people that didnt make it to the first reunion showed up. It is funny though that you quickly realize how cliqueish High School really is and how quickly everyone forgets that B.S. and just want to know what you are doing with yourself.

Comment

The main thing is that you went there with an open mind and enjoyed yourself! And, although I don't recommend fisticuffs, it was good that you defended your "sistahs."

I can also add that the reunions will get better as time passes by. Those who choose not to attend will be losing out.

Comment

LOL! Yeah I dont recommend fisticuffs either especially at a class reunion. I am trying to convince my Fiance to go to hers ( She doesnt have fond memories of High school) But she isnt having it. If anything go show everyone how good you look now.

Comment

Originally posted by Babooze View Post
          LOL! Yeah I dont recommend fisticuffs either especially at a class reunion. I am trying to convince my Fiance to go to hers ( She doesnt have fond memories of High school) But she isnt having it. If anything go show everyone how good you look now.
          And ....... she should take you along so that her classmates can positively DROOL!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
            And ....... she should take you along so that her classmates can positively DROOL!
            I dont know if I can make anyone drool........ I have offered to accompany her but I guess she cant get over the "Cruelty" she suffered. I know high school wasnt the best time for everybody but reunions are very different from school days, and people do change.

Comment

I overheard some of the women talking at our 20th reunion: OH, THE BOYS HAVE BECOME MEN! To which I could only reply: AND YOU GIRLS ARE ALL GORGEOUS BABES!

We were a class of "late-bloomers." I was a 5'10", 140 lb. GEEK at age 18, 38 Regular coat, 15-1/2" neck. Sears barbells transformed me to 190 lbs. at age 24, 44 Regular, 17-1/2" neck . I also ditched my black-frame, thick-lensed glasses for contacts. Now, I'm back to wire-framed specs for a "professorial" look. After being as high as 222, I'm also back down to 190. Better for my general health ................

Comment

Originally posted by Babooze View Post
                I have offered to accompany her but I guess she cant get over the "Cruelty" she suffered.
                Tell her success is the best revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post

We were a class of "late-bloomers." GEEK at age 18, ....
                  Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  Tell her success is the best revenge.
                  I never fitted in any "clicks."

I was a loner who went from group to group whenever I wanted to. It's always been that way through-out my Life. When I went to my Reunion and looked around, I laughed out LOUD!!

The GEEKS survived and were all a Success!!

Only two Football Players from our High School were there. From our Class Pep Squad ~ Me. I told several classmates and they all laughed too. No matter, Geek or no Geek...we ALL had FuN. The Geeks weren't carrying Pan Am Bags nor plenny pens in their pockets. Dey was loaded with $$$$!!!

They bloomed into gorgeous men and women. In fact, all the 74' Graduates looked awesome for fifty years old!!

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; June 22, 2007, 08:40 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Auntie, so true, so true. Life does not necessarily end at 50. OTOH, LIVING can start at 50.

Geeks and nerds run the world. We were not "blessed" with extraordinary athletic talent back then, but athletics did not count for the long haul.

I carried a Pan Am bag, joined the Chess Club, and had the "47 pens in my POCKET PROTECTOR!" Just like in Andy Bumatai's classic SCHOOL DAZE!

Comment

You know wat? When I went to my first HT Picnic, I looked around and low and behold, everybody was wearing "Glasses" just like me!

I am a Geek!

It took me over 50 years to finally find a bunch whom I'm comfortable with.

Yeah! I'm a Fifty year old GEEK and I'm proud to be one!

Pua but I'm a Geek!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

It's funny... but I've never attended an "official Reunion".

The 5, 10 and 20 reunions I went to the "after parties!"

I Grad from Roosevelt in '79, but was 'sposed to be '80.

I grew up with the '80's, but a lot of my friends were '78's with a few '79'ers thrown in.

I know... TMI! HaHa!

Guess the point of reunions is to catch up and show off our treasures, eh?!

My Greatest Treasure is my wife Sulu from Fiji!
                        'specially since I'm just a menehune.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

My female classmates all adore my "better half." In their collective opinions, she's probably more than I deserved and they must wonder, "How you figgah?". They admire her for putting up with me.

Comment

Everyone at my Reunion including the spouses were great except foa one! One spouse, I not going say who ~ got kinda pissed at me for saying "Nerd" at her husband afta looking at his picture. He laughed. She neva give me a chance to explain. Ainokea...why go to a Class Reunion of a Spouse if you don't have a sense of HUMOR? Everybody is out to have FuN and remembering the good ole days. Next time STAY HOME BIXTH!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

OTOH, there have been spouses attending the reunions who "fit in" better than the classmates! Some of them are such "deadheads! Makes some of us think of "expelling" the classmates and giving the spouses honorary status.

Then, there was the wife who went to the parochial school and answered the trivia question that my own classmates MISSED! Hoa, da shame!

Comment

I went a class reunion in Kona the other weekend which turned out to be a BLAST ....... and it wasn't mine! I was there as a "working professional" to handle the audio-visual matters: video slide show; commererative compilation CD; "oldies" music for the cocktail and dinner hour. I had done it for their prior 50th birthday bash in 2004 and they thought enough of me to give em a return engagement.

I have to say that everyone was in high spirits, especially several who ventured over from CONUS. A sample from the audience during the video show:

"Eh, that picture is of the A-class!"
                                "That's why you NOT in it!"

They were wilder than any of my classmates at any of my own reunions. They stayed in the banquest room at least an hour after the "official" ending time, chatting away. About a dozen went to a nearby karaoke bar after, including one classmate who actually didn't attend, but was at her family reunion in the adjoining banquet room.

That was followed the next morning with fourteen having brunch together at another hotel before heading home.

Comment

Working...
                                X