New Establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Establishments

Apparently the site of the former Flamingo restaurant in the Windward City Shopping Center is going to become a Denny's.
    Whoopee.
    If there's anything good about that, it's that it'll be open 24/7.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      This makes that iHop's second location, with the other being over on Kuhio avenue in the Ohana Malia Hotel.
      Uh, you mean the second one in Waikiki? Otherwise, where does the iHop in Windward Mall fit in?

Comment

• Re: IHOP

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        Uh, you mean the second one in Waikiki? Otherwise, where does the iHop in Windward Mall fit in?
        Sorry 'bout that. Yeah, that's what I meant. There's also one in Pearl City in the Times Plaza on Ka'ahumanu street. Lastly, one in Hilo (Big Island) in the Prince Kuhio Plaza.

Note, the IHOP in Kahului, Maui that Camille Velasco's (American Idol) parents owned is no longer in business. They also used to own one in Kihei, Maui that closed somewhere back around 2000.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          Otherwise, where does the iHop in Windward Mall fit in?
          It's next to the Ruby Tuesday. Both on the wing where Macy's is.

Comment

A new steakhouse opened in the Royal Hawaiian Center. Called Wolfgangs Steakhouse. Not affiliated with Wolfgang Puck. Looks to be on par with Mortons, Ruth Chris, DK Steakhouse etc. http://wolfgangssteakhouse.com/
            GO RAIL GO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
              Regarding Starbux and Coffee Bean....

What's your guys' take on one vs the other ?

For my basic everyday addiction....triple espresso over lots of ice...SBux all the way. But when I want a blended icy treat...Coffee Bean's ice blended are better to me than the SBux Frappacinos. Their Black Forest ice blended is super ono....ice, espresso, mocha mix, chocolate covered espresso beans, and marashino cherries, blended up and topped with whipped cream. SO good.

Their ice blended vanilla is great too.
              My frequent latte addiction is filled by Starbucks, but I too prefer Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for Blended Drinks or Tea.

Comment

Originally posted by bf334 View Post
                A new steakhouse opened in the Royal Hawaiian Center. Called Wolfgangs Steakhouse. Not affiliated with Wolfgang Puck. Looks to be on par with Mortons, Ruth Chris, DK Steakhouse etc. http://wolfgangssteakhouse.com/
                I saw the prices and they are astronomical. For the price (which is not as high as Wolfgang's) I would rather dine at dk's and support a local guy. It's interesting that Wolfgang's opened here when their outlets in Beverly Hills and NYC are doing very poorly in this economy. DK all the way!

Comment

Dairy U ~ a resturant that closed in 2005 has reopened.

It's located at 1210 Dillingham. It was featured on Cheap Eats. Prices are about $8.00 Portions are generous.

They accept only cash.

Comment

Grand Opening: Haleiwa Farmers Market

Comment

• Thai Sweet Basil @ Monoa Mkt-place, formerly Shipleys, w/music!

On Mon. April 20th at 6pm, David Kamakahi will have a CD release party/show with an all-star band consisting of, at least, David, Chino Montero, Jeff Peterson, and last but not least, Bobby Ingano on steel guitar.

Now, if they have brought back the garlic fries, and mayo, it'll be a no miss evening for sure.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Today's TGIF had an ad for a new establishment called Buffalo Boys Hoagies. It is located near Puck's Alley on King Street and opens till 3 am! Going to have to check this place out! http://www.yelp.com/biz/buffalo-boys-hoagies-honolulu

Comment

The LEGO store at Ala Moana is now open! It's such a cute store. The "Pick a Brick" wall is awesome.

Comment

• Coming soon to the Iwilei Costco Center: Max's of Manila

While shopping for last-minute hurricane-preparedness items at the Iwilei Costco last Friday, I noticed a banner advertising Max's of Manila is scheduled to soon open a new location there in that center nearby Dole Cannery, next to that gym, in the same adjacent (former warehouse) building where L&L and Quiznos are currently located.

Max's of Manila already has one restaurant here on Oahu in Waipahu.

Manook...sooos!
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Blubearypye View Post
                              The LEGO store at Ala Moana is now open! It's such a cute store. The "Pick a Brick" wall is awesome.
                              Right next door to a Victoria's Secret which will open soon!
                              Is the Disney Store being relocated to Sharper Image's old location?

Aj

Comment

Today I noticed a sign for "FRESH CATCH" which is the poke place that has
                                it's first store on Waialae. It is on Kamehameha Hwy. in Kaneohe by Designer Alterations and the feed store kind of across from the Shell station. Gotta go try it!

Comment

Working...
                                X