Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newscasters from long ago

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    Another blast from the past. John Noland, former KHON sports anchor. He's been doing mostly radio work as of late. In a couple of weeks, he'll be starting a new sports talk show in the afternoons on KUMU.

Noland has also been working on various Oceanic Cable Sports presentations & programs, and he and Bob Hogue have been the TV broadcast team for HPU sports since 2000.

Comment

Speaking of Oceanic Cable they also have two Ex-KGMB employees in sportscasters Dave Vinton and Russ Shimooka. Russ worked at KITV during the early 80's, left for Miami I think and then returned to Hawaii and was lead anchor at KGMB during the late 90's.

Aj

Comment

It was 21 years ago today that Bob Sevey signed off for the last time on KGMB...

Aj

Comment

Whatever happened to Garrett Kamemoto and Cedric Yamanaka?
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Married newscaster couples:

Linda Coble-Kirk Mathews;
            Pamela Young-Gary Sprinkle;
            Kim Gennaula-Guy Hagi;
            Sharie Shima-Dave Vinton.

Any others?

Comment

janet wu! that was the one my college bf had a crush on! i just googled her and she is still very adorable. AND she's reeeee heeee heeeee ly smart (or at least reeee heeee heeeee ly educated): BA in psychology and philosophy from yale; master's from columbia's prof school of journalism; now candidate for master's in lit & creative writing at harvard.

i'm JEALOUS!! and inspired! now, let me at my summer school homework!!
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post

Any others?
                if you meant currently married newscaster couples, sharie and dave have been divorced since late 2003. a quick look at court records shows the proceedings were relatively lightning-quick--less than than two months from complaint filing (by sharie) and divorce decree. *shrug*
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                  janet wu! that was the one my college bf had a crush on! i just googled her and she is still very adorable. AND she's reeeee heeee heeeee ly smart (or at least reeee heeee heeeee ly educated): BA in psychology and philosophy from yale; master's from columbia's prof school of journalism; now candidate for master's in lit & creative writing at harvard.

i'm JEALOUS!! and inspired! now, let me at my summer school homework!!
                  I agree with you Janet is still very cute and hasn't aged in the 15 or so years it's been since she did the news locally. I was just watching some of her newscasts a couple weeks ago.

Aj

Comment

Garrett Kamemoto is on the assignment desk at KHNL news. Cedric Yamanaka is trying to make a go of it as a writer and also produces a radio "drama?" show on HPR caled "Aloha Shorts."

http://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/hpr...ask=view&id=70

Comment

• Re: Newscasters from long ago

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                      [...]Cedric Yamanaka is trying to make a go of it as a writer[...]
                      I've worked on a couple of Cedric projects:
                      Lemon Tree Billiards House and Sand Island Drive-In Anthem.
                      Both have won awards at HIFF.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post

Linda Coble-Kirk Mathews;
                        Pamela Young-Gary Sprinkle;
                        Kim Gennaula-Guy Hagi;

Any others?
                        Denby Fawcett-Bob Jones
                        Heidi Umbhau-Vince Gerasole
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Brit Riedl and . . . (can't remember his name from KGMB not that long ago)

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                            Brit Riedl and . . . (can't remember his name from KGMB not that long ago)
                            It's Rob Young

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              I've worked on a couple of Cedric projects:
                              Lemon Tree Billiards House and Sand Island Drive-In Anthem.
                              Both have won awards at HIFF.
                              Allright Cedric! He's got to be one of the funniest people I've ever met. You'd never guess if you remember his trademark deadpan delivery circa KITV. Kept me in stitches when I had the honor of warming the seat at the old S-B court desk.
                              "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Here are some more....

KGMB 1982: Don Baker
                                KGMB 1982: Bart Fredo
                                KGMB 1982: Rick Frederickson
                                KGMB 1982: Doug Woo
                                KGMB 1982: Tina Shelton

Comment

Working...
                                X