X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plantation Hawaii Stikes Again.

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
    This is message board BS.

You telling me you are a Hawaiian who knows only 2 Hawaiians that left Hawaii do to economics (job loss or no job, whatevah).
    Actually only one left due to ecomomics and that is only because he got a great offer to work in Vegas (Construction industry). The other person I referred to left to explore Alaska. They both came back btw...because they missed home. The many Hawaiians I know, including family and friends, would never consider moving away from HOME because of economics.

You telling me you have no idea what the term Plantation Asian State Government refers to?
    I have never heard this term used, not by anyone in the State or City government that I conversed with over the years.

Are you blind?
    My eyesight isn't 20/20 but no, I'm not blind so that old wives tale isn't true, LOL

If you really are a Hawaiian, then I say as I sometimes do, "no wonder Hawaiians lost everything." You are one lolo Hawaiian.
    Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Or maybe you're a Japanee-Wannabee?
    If liking Japanese Samurai shows apply, then yeah, I'm guilty as charged.

Seems to me that you've spent too much time in haoleville...brah, we don't live in a world where everything and everyone is equal. I'm happy for these workers, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
    Last edited by Keanu; June 24, 2007, 06:12 PM.

Comment

You are not Hawaiian. I can smell it from your posts.

You are a Plantation Asian trying 4 ack.

End of thread for me.

As we say in Hawaiian, Sayunara Samurai.

Aloha Shoyu

Hawaiian Teriyaki

Bye Bye

Comment

I don't have much to add to this thread other than my personal observation of Hawaiians leaving for the conus in my family.

We are the ONLY people in my immediate family who live on the conus (on both sides). But since we are talking Hawaiians, my kanaka side all still live back home. There have only been a handful who actually left to try to make a better life on the conus, but most came right on back (homesick). The majority of my kanaka family only leave to do church work/visit people in Utah and occasionally they go to that other Hawaiian island in Nevada.

Maybe it's where I live in So Cal (desert/valley, blah, no one really wants to live here area) that screws up my Polynesian connection. I know plenty Samoan people in my area but everytime I meet someone who claims to be Hawaiian or part-Hawaiian I find out they are Haole/Asian mixed (no kanaka koko) or they are 100% Asian.

I know the crazy statistics of Hawaiians who had to leave da `aina are true though, even if they aren't in my family.

I do wonder sometimes how many fill in that Hawaiian bubble on a form when they don't get any kanaka koko.
        Last edited by Lei K; June 24, 2007, 09:45 PM.
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
          More regulation is needed, not less and from what I know, government agrees.
          Oh, GREAT!!! NOW what are they going to screw up?!?!

And yea, "government agrees" - "government" never met a regulation it didn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
            I have never heard this term used, not by anyone in the State or City government that I conversed with over the years.
            It's just his way of using a divisive ethic slur while pretending it isn't a nasty ethnic slur.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
              It's just his way of using a divisive ethic slur while pretending it isn't a nasty ethnic slur.
              You are hilarious beaker.

Hawaii's Statehood Election was passed by mostly Plantation Asians.
              Most of Hawaii's State Government since statehood has been made up of Asians.
              Most of those Asians were decendants of those brought to Hawaii to temporarily work on the Plantations.
              Since Statehood, most state jobs including elected, appointed or applied for have gone to Asians of Plantation decent. (check HGEA, HSTA, the legislature etc)

They are Plantation Asians. What else should we call them? Oh, I know,... "Localz", right?

What this all gets back to is the attempt by Asians in Hawaii to steal from Hawaiians the last thing they actually own, .... their identity.

There is nothing nasty about the term "One Real Kanaka" or "Missionary Haole" and there is nothing nasty about the term "Plantation Asian". Perfectly accurate descriptions.

You don't like the Plantation Asian term because it reminds you that you are an Asian (NOT Hawaiian) and you are an immigrant (NOT a faux-neo-Hawaiian-Lite). I will never figure out why Asians in Hawaii are so afraid of being Asian and an immigrant. If I was an Asian immigrant, I would try my best to be happy at being an Asian immigrant. It can't be fun going through life spending so much energy denying your true past and pretending to be something else.

Comment

It can't be fun going through life spending so much energy denying your true past and pretending to be something else.
                Yes - it's much more fun to spew ignorance while pretending that it's harmless. So, what happened to your earlier promise?
                End of thread for me.
                As we say in Hawaiian, Sayunara Samurai.
                Aloha Shoyu
                Hawaiian Teriyaki
                Bye Bye

Comment

such a pilau thread.

what was the point? Arguing the merits of government bailing out a specific industry? 'Corporate welfare', if you will? But what with the Plantasian huikau?

Jeezluiz Kamuela, you would think that the Kepani were single-handedly responsible for the overthrow, by reading your posts.

pax

Comment

They are Plantation Asians. What else should we call them? Oh, I know,... "Localz", right?
                    Neighbors? Fellow citizens?

What this all gets back to is the attempt by Asians in Hawaii to steal from Hawaiians the last thing they actually own, .... their identity.
                    Victimhood mentality is a prison of one's own construction.

You don't like the Plantation Asian term because it reminds you that you are an Asian (NOT Hawaiian) and you are an immigrant (NOT a faux-neo-Hawaiian-Lite). I will never figure out why Asians in Hawaii are so afraid of being Asian and an immigrant. If I was an Asian immigrant, I would try my best to be happy at being an Asian immigrant. It can't be fun going through life spending so much energy denying your true past and pretending to be something else.
                    I'm "Asian"? Hahahaa. Who are you to say what some other person can feel their "identity" is? That's quite arrogant and disrespectful.
                    Last edited by beaker; June 25, 2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      such a pilau thread.

what was the point? Arguing the merits of government bailing out a specific industry? 'Corporate welfare', if you will? But what with the Plantasian huikau?

Jeezluiz Kamuela, you would think that the Kepani were single-handedly responsible for the overthrow, by reading your posts.

They are responsible for the 2nd overthrow.

Funny thing is most people, including most Hawaiians, don't even see it.

Every Hawaiian can bitch and moan about the Missionary Haole's overthrowing the Queen. Fine. That's reasonable to complain about.

But nobody sees that Hawaiians have been displaced and replaced by the second overthrow committed by Plantation Asians. It has been a passive aggressive technique, unlike the Haole's who ruled by brut force and intimidation. But the results are similar. The Plantation Asians have used their sheer numerical advantage, their solidarity in democratic voting and their behind scenes (silent, secret) deal making to take total control. I'm not so concerned about political and economic control. To the winner goes the gold. But the truly offensive aspect is the way the Asian majority acts like they have some right to be in Hawaii or that they represent Hawaii any more than any other immigrant. That's what is Pilau.

Hawaiians don't even know whose Hawaiian anymore.

No different than Fiji and the immigant Indians (red dot kine). Only thing is that the Fijians recognize it and are fighting back today. Good for them.

Hawaiians like Pua'i Mana'o are defending the invaders and replacers. But if that's fine with enough Hawaiians, good, just shut up about sovereignty and get on with diluting and assimilating into the Asian "Locals" majority.

Nothing Pilau about truth and knowledge. But I know it hurts some to hear it.

Comment

oh Kamuela, haven't we been doooowwwwn this road before? You start to confuse issues and get aggressive and accusatory, starting with an actual sober thought, but then bag off of it for a shit fire, and then I get disgusted at it and accuse your 'ike papa'u ass of sitting in traffic for the last 40 years, judging on how little you know about Hawaiian issues™ and what us kanakz are doing about it. Folks then leave us alone to take this thread into the ground at mach speed and ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana I am going to aloha you again.

So, instead of biting the bait, I am going to say two things:

1)corporate welfare is a worthy topic for discussion
                        2)the charge of the Second Overthrow is also a worthy topic for discussion

can we talk about it without getting stoopid? If I believe that its corporate welfare, I'd like to say so without being accused of being a haole-lover. On the other hand, if I believe that the industry deserves it because those immigrants were brought here and deserve help getting sent home, I'd like to say so without being accused of a being a Plantasian-lover.

I'd like to stick to the issues--which get plenty--and not let it dwindle into the unnecessary and yes, pilau. Let's not get in the way of the points that we are trying to make.

Can we, Kamuela? Can can? No can no can? What?

pax

Comment

But nobody sees that Hawaiians have been displaced and replaced by the second overthrow committed by Plantation Asians. It has been a passive aggressive technique, unlike the Haole's who ruled by brut force and intimidation. But the results are similar. The Plantation Asians have used their sheer numerical advantage, their solidarity in democratic voting and their behind scenes (silent, secret) deal making to take total control. I'm not so concerned about political and economic control. To the winner goes the gold. But the truly offensive aspect is the way the Asian majority acts like they have some right to be in Hawaii or that they represent Hawaii any more than any other immigrant. That's what is Pilau.
                          Hmm, that description's a little simplistic and fails to take into account the "politics of marriage." No one held Lydia Kamaka'eha Paki at gunpoint when she married John Owen Dominis in 1862. Similarly, few Hawaiians were forced to marry "plantation Asians" or their descendants. However, many have done so in the past and will probably continue to do so in the future.

Hawaiians don't even know whose Hawaiian anymore.
                          Sometimes, this is the end result of the "politics of marriage."

No different than Fiji and the immigant Indians (red dot kine). Only thing is that the Fijians recognize it and are fighting back today. Good for them.
                          Fijians (and other Melanesians) had a different strategy for dealing with outsiders, compared to Tahitians, Maori, and Hawaiians.

Hawaiians like Pua'i Mana'o are defending the invaders and replacers. But if that's fine with enough Hawaiians, good, just shut up about sovereignty and get on with diluting and assimilating into the Asian "Locals" majority.
                          I'm not going to say anything about Hawaiian sovereignty activists with surnames like Trask, Dorton, Burgess, Hee, Blaisdell, MacGregor, etc. and their failure to work together effectively; however, the battle for Hawaiian sovereignty was probably lost before it began.

Now getting back to the original topic. A mere $1.2 million to help over 500 displaced workers is less than $2,400 per person. For those that chose to remain in Hawai'i, $2,400 is probably enough to buy a couple of decent tents, a few blue tarps, a cooler, and some food. For Duke Aiona, that $1.2 million for the displaced workers is a way to start shoring up his support among the unions and the Pilipino community for a gubernatorial run.
                          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
                            No one held Lydia Kamaka'eha Paki at gunpoint when she married John Owen Dominis in 1862. Similarly, few Hawaiians were forced to marry "plantation Asians" or their descendants. However, many have done so in the past and will probably continue to do so in the future. however, the battle for Hawaiian sovereignty was probably lost before it began.
                            Jonah, you actually beat me to some of the points you make. I think you are right. Hawaiians are one of the few cultures that freely abandoned their land, their culture, their religion, their identity.

Don't forget Pauahi married a haole. Kamehameha loved John Young and his Haole ways. Don't forget Liholiho abandoned the Kapu system. Kamehameha III created the Great Mehele with Haole support and guidance so that foreigners (HAOLES) could now purchase huge tracks of land. They dressed up in English clothes, wore European Crowns and costumes, spoke English eloquently, travelled to the United States and Europe, obviously facinated by European Royalty and American Wealth.

So Hawaiians have been the leaders at destroying and submitting their own culture to outsiders.

You may be absolutely right. Too late for Hawaiians. To this day they continue to fight to dilute and destroy what is left of real Hawaiian people and culture.

If that is the case, just don't try to convince me that any combination of immigrant blood in Hawaii is now a neo-Hawaiian. Don't tell me that "Localism" is any license to become a pseudo-Hawaiian.

BTW, the admin is threatening to ban me based upon this thread.

Nothing I said is racist.

Controversial? yes. Politically incorrect in Hawaii? Yes.

But racist? No way.

But I tole um, if you can't handle it, BAN ME.

Aloha

Comment

So let's see if I got this straight.

It's okay to defend the importance of being a Hawaiian, and of things Hawaiian, even when you are not really Hawaiian.

It's not okay to attack some of the institutions and behaviors that define being Hawaiian, or to cast a disparaging light upon poor decision making that might exist in Hawaiian History.

I better take some notes. Is there gonna be a test?

Here's the straight balls truth. Your pedigree don't matter. Too bad. So Sad. Your ma and pa screwed your mind good when you were young by teaching you that some races are more special than others.

One Planet. All Humans. Get over it.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Jonah, you actually beat me to some of the points you make. I think you are right. Hawaiians are one of the few cultures that freely abandoned their land, their culture, their religion, their identity.

Don't forget Pauahi married a haole. Kamehameha loved John Young and his Haole ways. Don't forget Liholiho abandoned the Kapu system. Kamehameha III created the Great Mehele with Haole support and guidance so that foreigners (HAOLES) could now purchase huge tracks of land. They dressed up in English clothes, wore European Crowns and costumes, spoke English eloquently, travelled to the United States and Europe, obviously facinated by European Royalty and American Wealth.

So Hawaiians have been the leaders at destroying and submitting their own culture to outsiders.

You may be absolutely right. Too late for Hawaiians. To this day they continue to fight to dilute and destroy what is left of real Hawaiian people and culture.

If that is the case, just don't try to convince me that any combination of immigrant blood in Hawaii is now a neo-Hawaiian. Don't tell me that "Localism" is any license to become a pseudo-Hawaiian.
                                ahh brutha, I see you are frustrated. In talking to the cousins in Hawai'i, I can tell you that you're not alone. All you can do try to teach the little ones the ways of your ancestors and through them there is hope for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X