Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plantation Hawaii Stikes Again.

Default Re: Plantation Hawaii Stikes Again.

oh Kamuela, haven't we been doooowwwwn this road before? You start to confuse issues and get aggressive and accusatory, starting with an actual sober thought, but then bag off of it for a shit fire, and then I get disgusted at it and accuse your 'ike papa'u ass of sitting in traffic for the last 40 years, judging on how little you know about Hawaiian issues™ and what us kanakz are doing about it. Folks then leave us alone to take this thread into the ground at mach speed and ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana I am going to aloha you again.

So, instead of biting the bait, I am going to say two things:

1)corporate welfare is a worthy topic for discussion
    2)the charge of the Second Overthrow is also a worthy topic for discussion

can we talk about it without getting stoopid? If I believe that its corporate welfare, I'd like to say so without being accused of being a haole-lover. On the other hand, if I believe that the industry deserves it because those immigrants were brought here and deserve help getting sent home, I'd like to say so without being accused of a being a Plantasian-lover.

I'd like to stick to the issues--which get plenty--and not let it dwindle into the unnecessary and yes, pilau. Let's not get in the way of the points that we are trying to make.

Can we, Kamuela? Can can? No can no can? What?

pax

Quote Originally Posted by kamuelakea View Post
    But nobody sees that Hawaiians have been displaced and replaced by the second overthrow committed by Plantation Asians. It has been a passive aggressive technique, unlike the Haole's who ruled by brut force and intimidation. But the results are similar. The Plantation Asians have used their sheer numerical advantage, their solidarity in democratic voting and their behind scenes (silent, secret) deal making to take total control. I'm not so concerned about political and economic control. To the winner goes the gold. But the truly offensive aspect is the way the Asian majority acts like they have some right to be in Hawaii or that they represent Hawaii any more than any other immigrant. That's what is Pilau.
    Hmm, that description's a little simplistic and fails to take into account the "politics of marriage." No one held Lydia Kamaka'eha Paki at gunpoint when she married John Owen Dominis in 1862. Similarly, few Hawaiians were forced to marry "plantation Asians" or their descendants. However, many have done so in the past and will probably continue to do so in the future.

Hawaiians don't even know whose Hawaiian anymore.
    Sometimes, this is the end result of the "politics of marriage."

No different than Fiji and the immigant Indians (red dot kine). Only thing is that the Fijians recognize it and are fighting back today. Good for them.
    Fijians (and other Melanesians) had a different strategy for dealing with outsiders, compared to Tahitians, Maori, and Hawaiians.

Hawaiians like Pua'i Mana'o are defending the invaders and replacers. But if that's fine with enough Hawaiians, good, just shut up about sovereignty and get on with diluting and assimilating into the Asian "Locals" majority.
    I'm not going to say anything about Hawaiian sovereignty activists with surnames like Trask, Dorton, Burgess, Hee, Blaisdell, MacGregor, etc. and their failure to work together effectively; however, the battle for Hawaiian sovereignty was probably lost before it began.

Now getting back to the original topic. A mere $1.2 million to help over 500 displaced workers is less than $2,400 per person. For those that chose to remain in Hawai'i, $2,400 is probably enough to buy a couple of decent tents, a few blue tarps, a cooler, and some food. For Duke Aiona, that $1.2 million for the displaced workers is a way to start shoring up his support among the unions and the Pilipino community for a gubernatorial run.
    Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

kamuelakea Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
    No one held Lydia Kamaka'eha Paki at gunpoint when she married John Owen Dominis in 1862. Similarly, few Hawaiians were forced to marry "plantation Asians" or their descendants. However, many have done so in the past and will probably continue to do so in the future. however, the battle for Hawaiian sovereignty was probably lost before it began.
    Jonah, you actually beat me to some of the points you make. I think you are right. Hawaiians are one of the few cultures that freely abandoned their land, their culture, their religion, their identity.

Don't forget Pauahi married a haole. Kamehameha loved John Young and his Haole ways. Don't forget Liholiho abandoned the Kapu system. Kamehameha III created the Great Mehele with Haole support and guidance so that foreigners (HAOLES) could now purchase huge tracks of land. They dressed up in English clothes, wore European Crowns and costumes, spoke English eloquently, travelled to the United States and Europe, obviously facinated by European Royalty and American Wealth.

So Hawaiians have been the leaders at destroying and submitting their own culture to outsiders.

You may be absolutely right. Too late for Hawaiians. To this day they continue to fight to dilute and destroy what is left of real Hawaiian people and culture.

If that is the case, just don't try to convince me that any combination of immigrant blood in Hawaii is now a neo-Hawaiian. Don't tell me that "Localism" is any license to become a pseudo-Hawaiian.

BTW, the admin is threatening to ban me based upon this thread.

Nothing I said is racist.

Controversial? yes. Politically incorrect in Hawaii? Yes.

But racist? No way.

But I tole um, if you can't handle it, BAN ME.

Aloha

So let's see if I got this straight.

It's okay to defend the importance of being a Hawaiian, and of things Hawaiian, even when you are not really Hawaiian.

It's not okay to attack some of the institutions and behaviors that define being Hawaiian, or to cast a disparaging light upon poor decision making that might exist in Hawaiian History.

I better take some notes. Is there gonna be a test?

Here's the straight balls truth. Your pedigree don't matter. Too bad. So Sad. Your ma and pa screwed your mind good when you were young by teaching you that some races are more special than others.

One Planet. All Humans. Get over it.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Jonah, you actually beat me to some of the points you make. I think you are right. Hawaiians are one of the few cultures that freely abandoned their land, their culture, their religion, their identity.

Don't forget Pauahi married a haole. Kamehameha loved John Young and his Haole ways. Don't forget Liholiho abandoned the Kapu system. Kamehameha III created the Great Mehele with Haole support and guidance so that foreigners (HAOLES) could now purchase huge tracks of land. They dressed up in English clothes, wore European Crowns and costumes, spoke English eloquently, travelled to the United States and Europe, obviously facinated by European Royalty and American Wealth.

So Hawaiians have been the leaders at destroying and submitting their own culture to outsiders.

You may be absolutely right. Too late for Hawaiians. To this day they continue to fight to dilute and destroy what is left of real Hawaiian people and culture.

If that is the case, just don't try to convince me that any combination of immigrant blood in Hawaii is now a neo-Hawaiian. Don't tell me that "Localism" is any license to become a pseudo-Hawaiian.
    ahh brutha, I see you are frustrated. In talking to the cousins in Hawai'i, I can tell you that you're not alone. All you can do try to teach the little ones the ways of your ancestors and through them there is hope for the future.

But I tole um, if you can't handle it, BAN ME.
    You were warned for personally attacking other users. And you weren't the only one to be warned. If you want to be banned, that can be accommodated. Otherwise, cool it, and we're cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12