How's about that Kurt Suzuki!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's about that Kurt Suzuki!

Anyone else watched the College World Series?

Here's an article...

Kukui

Re: How's about that Kurt Suzuki!

I watched the Bows in 1980, then listened to that awful doubleheader when Peter Kim (that may not be the right name) of BYU shut 'em out both games in one of the following seasons. Since then, I haven't followed it unless Arizona was in it. Call me a frontrunner!
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Suzuki really did well both as a catcher and a leader of the team. If you watched the series you'd see him trying to hype up the guys and giving them encouragement thru out the games. Even when he was in the hitting slump he pumped up the other team members. I'm glad CSF was able to go all the way.
      Kudos to the team and their coaches
      Retired Senior Member

Comment

Kurt Suzuki Wins the Johnny Bench Award
        Cal State Fullerton's Kurt Suzuki won the Johnny Bench Award on Wednesday night as college baseball's best catcher. Suzuki helped lead the Titans to their fourth national championship, driving in the winning run with an RBI single in a 3-2 victory over Texas last Sunday in the College World Series.

Comment

Thanks Pzarquon for the link to the article. I missed seeing the award given on the news last night. Is Kurt Suzuki a senior? I know he was drafted by a team is he going? During the World series it was nice to see his family there supporting him.
          Retired Senior Member

Comment

If I remember rightly, he's headed for a Class A team in Oregon.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Kurt's been in the news again!

Done deal: Oakland inks Suzuki (The Maui News)
              Maui's Kurt Suzuki signed with the Oakland A's on Monday, two weeks after driving in the winning run to lead Cal State-Fullerton over Texas in the championship game of the College World Series.
              Other reports note a bonus "in the $500,000 range," with KSSK stating that figure to be dead-on. A quick scan of Google News finds other interesting mentions, like this reference to Suzuki as "College World Series hero" and this first person account of a man's son's appreciation for him. "Kurt, if you are reading this, thank you for being such a great role model to my son."

Aww!

Comment

A MLB all-star a decade latter.

Comment

Working...
                X