iPod or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPod or ?

Woot.com is currently offering a 4th generation, refurbished iPod for $99.99. That's not a video iPod but might be a decent unit for those who have been on the fence about buying one and hesitant to spend the bigger bucks. I good starter unit, so to speak. Dunno if there is a better deal elsewhere but if there is, please be sure to let us know!

Comment

I have a 4G iPod Photo. It has 40GB of space to which I have about 6,500 songs stored upon and about 200 low res photos of family, friends, people, places and things. It is a nice machine and would be a good bargain for $100. Be sure it comes with the firewire cable and dock.

The 4G is my main iPod for now until if and when a newer model comes out with a compelling feature that I want... like say, wi-fi web browsing.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Woot.com is currently offering a 4th generation, refurbished iPod for $99.99.[...]
        Sold out...and I'm not surprised!

Comment

I'm thinking of picking up a iPod shuffle this week, the price seems reasonable and I am kind of wondering of the music CD's I already own could I transfer these songs to the iPod?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            I'm thinking of picking up a iPod shuffle this week, the price seems reasonable and I am kind of wondering of the music CD's I already own could I transfer these songs to the iPod?
            Put the CD in your computer drive, and you should get a prompt from iTunes to rip the CD, putting it in your library, where you can sync it into your iPod when connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              Put the CD in your computer drive, and you should get a prompt from iTunes to rip the CD, putting it in your library, where you can sync it into your iPod when connected.
              Yep, what Vanguard wrote, Helen! If I can do it...ANYONE can do it! Since you're a PC user you'll need to download iTunes first. Everything you do with your iPod happens on your computer. Think of the iPod as a back up external hard drive!

Comment

I am completely technologically stupid, but my husband talked me into an I-Phone this weekend. I was kicking and screaming against it b/c I was afraid it would be too complicated, but I'm surprisingly pleased with it. It's really cool. I've never had an Ipod or any kind of mp3 player before (flew over here with my discman and that's how I left all my CDs on the plane). So I highly recommend it- you can still listen to all your music on it.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Picked up a 1Gbyte iPod Shuffle yesterday, signed up to the iTunes store and download a few songs just to try it out. Will load some of the music CD's later on.

Oh yeah, I am using a pair of headphones instead of the buds, the only drawback to that setup is that I keep stepping over the extra cord. I even tried to hook up the iPod to a computer's speakers but that didn't work.
                  Last edited by helen; November 18, 2008, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Surly, an Iphone?? Awesome!! They seem complicated at first, huh? Bet you'll be on Twitter in no time!

Helen, congrats on the Ipod! I can't believe your Ipod-to-computer speaker idea didn't work! All you have to do is plug the mini jack from the speakers into the ipod, same place you'd plug in the headphones. Hm...what could've went wrong?

Hey, can you do the same with an Iphone? Plug it into speakers?
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I should have mention that the speaker in question is a sound bar attached to a LCD monitor. Yesterday this monitor had nothing connected to it. Today it's connected to a laptap external monitor port so the monitor was active when I tried the iPod again. Sure enough there is sound coming from the sound bar. When I disconnected the monitor from the laptop, the sound stopped a few seconds later.

When I reconnected the monitor to the laptop the sound bar was active too.

Comment

I recently used an Apple gift card to pay for part of an iPod Touch. It replaced my Palm organizer.

It took a little getting used to but it's a great step upward. I'm also starting to use it to play music and a few video clips. Otherwise it functions mostly as a PDA to keep track of my appointments, contacts, mileage and notes.

I thought I'd get used to the keypad by now but I'm still way too slow. I could almost take notes with the Palm. Can't do that yet with the iPod Touch. Too klutzy.

There is an experimental handwriting app that actually works pretty well. But writing with my finger isn't too good. Maybe I'm just too used to a stylus for that type of work. I might just carry around a note pad for now. Hadn't had to carry writing paper in a long time.

Comment

Comment & Question . . .

I have the 80GB Ipod and love it for the most part - who couldn't love 8000 songs at their disposal?

My one complaint about it is the volume fluctuation - apparently not all CD manufacturers are created equal and it shows. . . . . I know there is something I can purchase - anyone know what it is? Does it work?
                          Mahalo,
                          Stephen

Comment

While trying to check this issue with the iPod using the iTunes 8 software on a Windows based PC, I found out that it is possible to change the volume on a song by song basis.

First of all select a song in your iTunes listing and right click on it. Select the option called "Get Info". Select the "Options" tab. There is a Volume Adjustment there.

Other than finding it just now I didn't have a chance to try it out to see if it works or not but I assume after you make your changes you will need to resync your iPod to save those changes.

Comment

Thanks for this thread, all. My Mother's Day request was for a music player since my CD collection is not in the best of shape. I almost talked myself into a IPhone, but really an IPod is what I'm looking for. My current phone is fine. I already pay AT&T plenty money.

I'm wanting to stay under 150.00, yet have more than 2000 songs, availability for pics and podcasts, and maybe an app for PDA kine stuff.

After reading your discussions and links and using Epinions, I think I would like this one. I was thinking a nano, but no video. And after seeing the battery replacement kits, I think that takes care of that issue.

Can you plug an IPod into a stereo audio in usb and play the music?

Comment

The Nano has video, but seeing stuff on a 2 inch screen doesn't do it justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X