Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good furniture stores

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    You're right, though our entire island chain may all have a desire or want of an Ikea, they said the customer base is not big enough in terms of raw numbers. They have these strategic, gigantic warehouses that feed a number of Ikea stores. That's how their distribution works so Hawaii alone simply doesn't have the raw numbers to justify building a huge distribution warehouse out here. Of course, things may change, but that was their reason for no presence in Hawaii.

I asked an employee here in Burbank why no IKEA in HAwaii, and she said because of the Shipping....to which I replied "C'mon, all your stuff is made in China, it's on the way". She said while alot of it is made in China, alot of it is made in Eastern Europe, so that would explain why.

The thing is, IKEA is not just furniture, they have so many great household items, like cutlery, linens, rugs etc....I bet an IKEA store would do well in Hawaii, as a cooler alternative to Wal Mart and Costco, for these kind of items.
    And with all the Californians in Kona, a Kona location would be making money hand over fist.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
      It depends on the island. There used to be a place called "Teak Bali" on Kanoelehua Ave. in Hilo that was pretty good for teak furniture. For rattan stuff, there were a couple of good places in Kona that I used to shop at.

Nowadays, most of the furniture at my places on the Big Island comes from Koehnen's, Kaloko Furniture, and Costco, while most of the furniture at my places on O'ahu comes from the C.S. Wo Gallery.
      in Hilo, there's Paradise Plants near the car dealerships and another on Maka'ala street in the industrial area that have gem after teak gem. Yamada furniture and Agasas Furniture are great places to get quality leather high end "clean line bling" that is the rage in homes that have the guts to throw down white carpets. Another one is near St Joe school, but I cannot remember what its name is at the moment. I know I am forgetting a place or two...

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        in Hilo, there's Paradise Plants near the car dealerships and another on Maka'ala street in the industrial area that have gem after teak gem. Yamada furniture and Agasas Furniture are great places to get quality leather high end "clean line bling" that is the rage in homes that have the guts to throw down white carpets. Another one is near St Joe school, but I cannot remember what its name is at the moment. I know I am forgetting a place or two...
        Oh, please don't use the word "bling" when describing good furniture design, That just freaks me out

Thanx for the tips PM, I will check out those places as well.
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
        X