Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shameless Self Promotion Alert

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
    Wait, I know Leo ordered one....did you guys get one too ?

If so...Mahalo.
    Got mine! Excellent!

Comment

I got one! well I ordered it yesterday.
      It's the one going to Virginia LOL
      How are sales??
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
        I got one! well I ordered it yesterday.
        It's the one going to Virginia LOL
        How are sales??

Thank You Blue ! You should have left a little note in the paypal order, so I could have insured you got one with a PINK umbrella

Sales are surprisingly good so far. I'm getting orders everyday since I announced it's availability. That's with no magazine ads yet , just me and my big cyber-mouth

Mahalo again for ordering.
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Just getting around to HT after a while and I'm glad to hear your good news, Tiki. May you move all of the product you can manufacture. Very groovy.
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
            Just getting around to HT after a while and I'm glad to hear your good news, Tiki. May you move all of the product you can manufacture. Very groovy.
            Same goes for you, Jamie - looking forward to hearing your disc soon.

Comment

Re: Shameless Self Promotion: Tikiyaki Orchestra CD

ooooooooooo tiki i love the cover art! it's shag-escent (i made that word up). very cool. i'm gonna grab one.
              life is ok sometimes

Comment

Loving the CD. Tikiyaki got them in the mail fast and I had mine in days. He really nailed the "feel" of the old Martin Denny records. The music is just the tonic for me.

But what really needs to be mentioned is the packaging. In a day where people are too used to clicking "download now", we've lost touch with the tactile experience of a finely packaged CD. First, the artwork is top shelf. It's authentic to the mood of the music, and has that 50's/60's retro feel. In a word fun. Then you'll notice the drink umbrella in the jewel case spine. A themed touch in a space that usually goes unused. Then you open the jewel case and you are greeted with the colorful drink coaster inviting you to "Place Mai Tai Here". The disc is screened with a variation of the album art, not just a title and the other legal stuff. The liner notes are brief but give the credits due, the special Mahalos, and even a shout out to HT too.

First Class all the way! Congrats Tiki, may you sellout all you can print!

Now...how about a nice suitable for framing print of that album art?

Comment

Ah jeez...now I REALLY can't wait to get my copy! I ordered it yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Ah jeez...now I REALLY can't wait to get my copy! I ordered it yesterday!
                    DITTO! And I am really glad I can order through paypal Tiki, it makes it much easier for people who use paypal alot! I knwo I do and it makes it a breeze.
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Mahalo FatJeff...that's a ringing endorsement, if ever I read one.

I'm glad all the details didn't go unnoticed....Album art and packaging is a lost art, and why buy a CD when you can download, right ? This was my dilemma about even pressing a CD, until I posed the question on a forum called Tiki Central, and someone basically said, "If you're gonna make a CD with a single page insert and nothing else, don't bother, just make it downloads only."

So, I figured I'd better make it a little special.

Blue...Yes, Paypal is such a wonderful convenience...it amazes me when people don't have it.....But then again, think of all the money I might have saved if I DIDN'T have Paypal

Christa ... SHAG-escent...yes....every Tikiphile loves SHAG. This art, however is done by a guy named Brad Parker. He has a company called Tiki Shark (www.tikishark.com) and they make beach towels...They currently have a great design for Body Glove that's a towel with a big tiki design on it.
                      He recently moved to the Big Island from Toluca Lake (where I live, ironically) and we did all the artwork via emails.

He does some really nice oil on canvas paintings too.

Anyway, thanx folks, the kind words are always encouraging...

Comment

[...] He recently moved to the Big Island from Toluca Lake (where I live, ironically)[...]
                        Huh?! I thought you lived in Burbank. I used to live in Toluca Lake...on Whipple St. ('round the corner from Bob and Delores H. and a few other "names"!). Attended school at Rio Vista for a couple of years. </OT>

Comment

Huh?! I thought you lived in Burbank. I used to live in Toluca Lake...on Whipple St. ('round the corner from Bob and Delores H. and a few other "names"!). Attended school at Rio Vista for a couple of years. </OT>
                          I'm borderline.....Toluca and Burbank....Near Bob's Big Boy...

Bob H used to go to the Starbucks next to Bob's, everyday, so I hear.

Comment

I'm borderline.....Toluca and Burbank....Near Bob's Big Boy..
                            Aaaaah...such fond memories of BBB! Loved going there and happy to hear that it's still in operation.
                            Bob H used to go to the Starbucks next to Bob's, everyday, so I hear.
                            The last time I was in the Burbank/Toluca Lake area was waaaay before the concept of Starbuck's was even a glimmer in anyone's brain! Is the hot dog stand still somewhat close to BBB? Speaking of Bob H...his home was the place to go for great Halloween treats! They were so generous and handed out the treats personally!

Let's see...trying to get back on topic...maybe Starbuck's will carry your CD?! Seriously, your music is just SO right for my eventual little grass shack!

Comment

Aaaaah...such fond memories of BBB! Loved going there and happy to hear that it's still in operation.

The last time I was in the Burbank/Toluca Lake area was waaaay before the concept of Starbuck's was even a glimmer in anyone's brain! Is the hot dog stand still somewhat close to BBB? Speaking of Bob H...his home was the place to go for great Halloween treats! They were so generous and handed out the treats personally!

Let's see...trying to get back on topic...maybe Starbuck's will carry your CD?! Seriously, your music is just SO right for my eventual little grass shack!
                              Papoo's ? YES, still there. The great thing about Burbank is alot of it's Mid Century Charm is still intact. BBB, looks exactly the same as it did when you lived there. All the Disney and Warner Bros types love thet history and so the neighborhood preserves aot of it.They even have Hot Rod night, and drive in/car service on Sunday Nights.

My music placement guy talked to Starbucks music dept once, but not about the T.O. CD. I have considered pursuing them, as I think it would be a good Starbucks instore CD, but they're so big, I don't think I'd get very far....I mean, they dal with Paul McCartney ! I might still try tho'....that'd be a trip seeing my CD in there tho'.

Your little Grass Shack will be the perfect home for the CD...The Makaha Oceanfrontage is what this music is designed for.

Comment

The great thing about Burbank is alot of it's Mid Century Charm is still intact. BBB, looks exactly the same as it did when you lived there.
                                Is the old Tick Tock restaurant still there in Toluca Lake? And how about The Smoke House, that famous classic steakhouse right across the street from the entrance to Warner Brothers?
                                And I hope you and TutuSue both know that there's a Bob's Big Boy right here in Honolulu! Mmmmm... a Big Boy combo, add avocado, with a side of bleu cheese for the french fries and a big slice of their strawberry pie... Lord have mercy, I'm drooling on my keyboard.
                                I'm sure this is all relevant to your CD... somehow...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X