Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yogurt Anyone?

Who can NOT pass on having Yogurt for Breakfast, Lunch or maybe Dinner

I loooove trying out new flavors and YOPLAIT is coming out w/ new ones that I manage to come across at SAFEWAY.....

When I saw "GUAVA" I said oh BOY I gotta get that and "Passion Fruit" a recent addition to the YOPLAIT line...

Re: Yogurt Anyone?

Blend a handful of frozen fruit with a frozen youghurt and some milk and maybe a scoop of jam. Voila...milkshake!
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
      Blend a handful of frozen fruit with a frozen youghurt and some milk and maybe a scoop of jam. Voila...milkshake!
      Here that's called a smoothie!

Comment

I used to know someone whose breakfast - every single freakin' day, for countless years - was a bowl of cooked ramen noodles in cold plain yogurt, with tabasco for seasoning.

Comment

I love it with dinner more so then breakfast. Great base for numerous different flavors...the plain of course.

For breakfast, every now and again I will bowl up some berries, drizzle with honey, add a little mint and just enough yogurt to coat, top with granola.
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

I have a big tub of yoghurt that's been in my fridge about three months ago, I reaally need to throw it out but I never get around to it.

Every once in a while I'll grab the little individual serving containers at the store. I always liked the fruit at the bottom stuff, although I don't know why they don't just mix the fruit themselves instead of making me do it. Topped with granola always good too.
            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Line a strainer with papertowels and dump in some yoghurt, top with more paper towels. Let this drain in a cool place for at least twelve hours. Take the finished product out and mash in some....salt, pepper, garlic, herbs...voila! Good on bread or potatoes.

Comment

my college roommate taught me to throw the whole blob of yoghurt onto paper towels to strain out the water for a thicker product. She would mix in mint leaves and dice cucumbers and add another funky herb or two (cumin I think; is that the round birdseed-looking herb that needs to be ground up?) and we would wack that with everything. It was refreshing to eat.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                  my college roommate taught me to throw the whole blob of yoghurt onto paper towels to strain out the water for a thicker product. She would mix in mint leaves and dice cucumbers and add another funky herb or two (cumin I think; is that the round birdseed-looking herb that needs to be ground up?) and we would wack that with everything. It was refreshing to eat.
                  That would be Tzatziki, a Greek appetizer (meze), often accompanied with sliced pita bread.

Here's a dish of Tzatziki we enjoyed at last year's Greek festival...

Tzatziki: Sacked Home-made Yogurt, Cucumbers, Garlic, Olive Oil and Herbs. Served with Sliced Pita Bread.

It's also used for Souvlaki (meat skewers) and Gyros (sandwiches) as a condiment.

I bet Tzatziki would taste great on a heated bagel! A refreshing alternative to the heavier cream cheese stuff.
                  Last edited by Pomai; June 29, 2007, 06:57 AM. Reason: bagels
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Pomai, you ever get to Seattle, we're taking you to our neighborhood Greek restaurant. You can make a grand meal just from the pages and pages of mezethes (which we usually do) --- tzatziki, saganaki, skordalia, keftedes, loukaniko, on and on. You will reek of garlic the entire next day, and you won't care (as for others around you, well ...) The owner/chef, Panos Marinos, used to work at The Mad Greek in Honolulu long, long ago; his dinner-only space now holds fewer than 100 people - intimate, slow-paced, friendly, delicious. Oh, and add lots of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Pomai, you ever get to Seattle, we're taking you to our neighborhood Greek restaurant. You can make a grand meal just from the pages and pages of mezethes (which we usually do) --- tzatziki, saganaki, skordalia, keftedes, loukaniko, on and on. You will reek of garlic the entire next day, and you won't care (as for others around you, well ...) The owner/chef, Panos Marinos, used to work at The Mad Greek in Honolulu long, long ago; his dinner-only space now holds fewer than 100 people - intimate, slow-paced, friendly, delicious. Oh, and add lots of wine.
                      Do they break all the dishes afterwards? There is a restaurant in London that breaks all the dishes in a crazy show after dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                        Do they break all the dishes afterwards?
                        Not on purpose, but the kitchen & prep areas are very compact.
                        The place nearly goes up in flames every time they serve saganaki, however. And we were there one late evening when the owner and a friend decided to do some impromptu Greek dancing - that's the closest thing to a "show" that you're likely to get there.

Comment

I don't know how long Safeway has been making these yogurts, but I bought some Lucerne brand green tea/mango, pomegranate/tangerine, and pomegranate/acai lowfat yogurt. And they actually taste great. They were on sale 10 cartons for $5.

Don't know if they're going to be seasonal or a regular addition to their yogurt line, but look for them in your local Safeway if you are looking for new flavors of lowfat yogurt that taste good.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

For those that watch what kind of sugar they consume, most of the popular, mainstream brands contain high fructose corn syrup. There's only a few, kinda obscure brands that don't use the stuff in manufacturing their product.

The down side is the HFCS stuff comes in a whole bunch of different flavors, like mentioned previously, making them a whole lot more fun to eat and because they use HFCS, the product is way less expensive. Not much different from the sweet kiddy breakfast cereals.

The "healthy" stuff only comes in the most popular flavors like strawberry, peach, cherry and vanilla and usually never go on sale. Not much different from the healthy alternative type breakfast cereals.

That being said, we use plain yogurt sweetened with Splenda with a bit of vanilla added. Sometimes slightly overripe fresh fruit like peaches, nectarines and berries.

Comment

We dig yogurt! if it guarantees it has live, active cultures in it, right on the container then we'll buy it. Dannon and Yoplait are most often found in our house but I'll try yuppie brands from California just to see if they're "all that," lol.

We are hooked on the one percent Acidopholus, Viva Milk put out by Meadow Gold. I buy four half gallons every Saturday and we usually have gone through it. I haven't tried that brand's yogurt cuz I just assumed, wrongly perhaps that it's the cheap, yogurt flavored gelatin stuff that doesn't guarantee live culture in it.
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Working...
                              X