Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Are Your Biggest Fears?

Default Re: What Are Your Biggest Fears?

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Why do you think I acquired that "vast amount of knowledge and work experience". When something so dear as losing it is as much of a concern to you, you try your hardest to keep it.

With that said I take it back...my greatest fear is to lose my wife. Money means absolutely nothing to me if I ever lost her.
    My "boss" was in Colorado the last week. Was supposed to be back Thursday night, but delays caused a change in flight plans (Denver to SF to HNL scrapped and changed to Denver to Maui to HNL) to Friday afternoon. She finally got back at 5:30 pm after missing the earlier flight from Maui. She spent Thursday night in the Denver airport.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

My wife's flying to Colorado Springs on July 16th for an education conference at Keystone for an entire week! I haven't been to Keystone since 1979. That place sure has changed.

Talking Re: What Are Your Biggest Fears?

Please don't laugh, and if we should ever meet, do not try to use it against me because I cannot promise you'll live to see your next birthday...

Those damn bloody 747's! Ahhhhhhhhhhh.................... they freak me out! They give me the willies. For some reason they tend to fly straight to me everytime!! And if you're in my way, and I see one flying toward me, there's a good chance I'll mow you over trying to get away. Sorry.. LOL

My kids asked me one day if I was offered a million dollars to lay in a box with hundreds of them, would I do it. I said, "oh HELL no!

But, I would do it for nothing if someone was trying to hurt my kids unless I laid in the box with hundreds of them. But thats probably because my mind wouldn't be on the 747s, it would be on how I'm going to tear that jerk to shreds when I get out. hehe

I have a fear of being in dark, coffee like water. I surf/bodyboard a lot, but it does bother me sometimes. I just do the out of sight, out of mind thing...

I guess I have the instinctual fear of loosing the loved ones around me, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

I have a fear of geckos, for some weird reason. I think my older brother must have tormented me with one when I was a baby. Anyway, I can't sleep if I know there is one in the house. If it's on a wall across the room, I will scream bloody murder.. a real horror movie scream. My husband tells me that one day I'll really need help and no one will come.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki View Post
    I have a fear of geckos, for some weird reason.
    Wow. I don't think I've ever lived in a place here that didn't have at least one that took up residence in the house. In fact one chirped just now as I was posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mililani View Post
    Please don't laugh, and if we should ever meet, do not try to use it against me because I cannot promise you'll live to see your next birthday...

Those damn bloody 747's! Ahhhhhhhhhhh.................... they freak me out! They give me the willies. For some reason they tend to fly straight to me everytime!! And if you're in my way, and I see one flying toward me, there's a good chance I'll mow you over trying to get away. Sorry.. LOL

My kids asked me one day if I was offered a million dollars to lay in a box with hundreds of them, would I do it. I said, "oh HELL no!

But, I would do it for nothing if someone was trying to hurt my kids unless I laid in the box with hundreds of them. But thats probably because my mind wouldn't be on the 747s, it would be on how I'm going to tear that jerk to shreds when I get out. hehe
    I had to re-read your post cuz...why would anyone have a fear of jumbo jets? Flying? Oh...you mean those big bambucha cockaroaches yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by nikki View Post
    I have a fear of geckos, for some weird reason. I think my older brother must have tormented me with one when I was a baby. Anyway, I can't sleep if I know there is one in the house. If it's on a wall across the room, I will scream bloody murder.. a real horror movie scream. My husband tells me that one day I'll really need help and no one will come.
    Seems like spousal abuse to me. I have no problems with geckos in the house. They eat all the termites and other flying insects that make it into our household.

Opression. First and foremost. Say outta people's private lives - with the heart of the matter being that which doen't get in your face. Measures can be taken. Can you agree with me?

We called them big roaches "B-52s," not "747s." It must be a generational thing.

I go berserk if I see any of them around. I'll hunt them down armed with RAID and a big slipper. And set some Roach Motel traps ............

B-52s: speaking of which. just minutes after posting above, one flew across the room, landed on the picture window under the cellular shades, and vanished. I'd say about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" in length. I set out a Roach Motel and attached my 25' central vacuum system hose in the closest outlet.

About an hour later, it flew across the room again and landed on an open wall. At which time, I stealthily approached it with the hose and sucked it to it's doom ....................

I had to re-read your post cuz...why would anyone have a fear of jumbo jets? Flying?

Interestingly enough, when I was young, I used to be terrified whenever an airplane flew overhead. I was convinced they were going to drop bombs on me.. I have no clue why.

Death in my immediate family. I haven't experienced it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpacific View Post
    At which time, I stealthily approached it with the hose and sucked it to it's doom ....................
    My favorite way to deal with them. I can't do what my father did - one handed he'd bend them until it broke and then throw them away.

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    My favorite way to deal with them. I can't do what my father did - one handed he'd bend them until it broke and then throw them away.
    Grabbing them by hand??? YIKES! That gives me the "willies" just THINKING about it, not necessarily doing it!

I go berserk if I see any of them around. I'll hunt them down armed with RAID and a big slipper. And set some Roach Motel traps ............
    LOL@oceanpacific! Thanks for the pointer on the commmando tactics, I'll remember to arm myself with the proper implements

Scorpions here in the Mojave don't fare too well with me, either! These things will make your skin crawl! They may look "cool n' creepy" under that plastic paper weight thingy, but I guar-ran-tee you, they ain't so "cool" when you find one in your house!

I fear being old and or ill if I would be totally dependent on another person. I've spent my life making sure I'm not a burden on anyone else. If I have any true fears, and I know I have very few besides fearing God in a respectful way, that's it. Being totally dependent and burdensome on another human must be the closest thing to hell on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I fear being old and or ill if I would be totally dependent on another person. I've spent my life making sure I'm not a burden on anyone else. If I have any true fears, and I know I have very few besides fearing God in a respectful way, that's it. Being totally dependent and burdensome on another human must be the closest thing to hell on earth.
    I agree, Karen, as I have the same fear. However, I'll add that it can be a state of mind. I know of a man who's a quadriplegic. He's a recent widower with an adopted, mentally challenged, young (5) son. He has a team of 5 attendants around the clock plus a nanny. He managed to get a law degree in his condition and works on behalf of disabled folks. That's a very special spirit. Is one born with that or does one acquire it? I don't know. And I hope I'm never put in the position to find out.

Hmm...good thoughts, Sue. Maybe some are born with it and others...inclined. Then, when the need arises the fighting spirit kicks in. I wonder and like you while praying to never personally find out.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpacific View Post
    Grabbing them by hand??? YIKES! That gives me the "willies" just THINKING about it, not necessarily doing it!
    You'd die if you saw the way I kill roaches. I slap them with my hand, throw them away and then wash my hands REALLY Good.

You'd die if you saw the way I kill roaches. I slap them with my hand, throw them away and then wash my hands REALLY Good.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adri View Post
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
    I learned that if you hesitate and try to look for that slipper, rolled up newspaper, flyswatter, etc, the roach will be gone and you'll never sleep until that bastard is caught and destroyed.

I love my sleep and the hand can be washed.

As for dogs I found out that if a pit bull has his jaws locked around your body part, you simply reach around and ram your thumb up it's asshole. Bugger opens up his mouth real fast

Then I bitchslap that dog into submission (Thanks Gent for that term )

One thing I'm not afraid of is a vicious dog having grown up around them and having to deal with em as well.

As for dogs I found out that if a pit bull has his jaws locked around your body part, you simply reach around and ram your thumb up it's asshole. Bugger opens up his mouth real fast
    um, I guess your post could be added to the "learn something new every day" thread, as well.

but still, now, double ewwwwwwwwwwwww! (even if it might someday save me from being locked in a pit bull bite).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12