What Are Your Biggest Fears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Your Biggest Fears?

We all have 'em...fears! I was thinking about this today, and how to conquer them. What are your biggest fears? How did you overcome them?

Okay, here are my embarassing fears:
    Big Dogs! I was attacked by a very large dog as a child, got bitten. Ever since then, I just FREEZE up when I'm approached by one!

The Dentist! I mean, not just regular "cowardice", but a downright PHOBIA! When I walk into the office...I break out in a terrible cold sweat...I am terrified! (you can only imagine how much toothpaste n' dental floss I go through, to avoid this pertifying ordeal!)

Okay, those are two of mine
    What are you afraid of??

Re: What Are Your Biggest Fears?

Centipedes. Which does not bode well with my plan to move to Hawaii. But I'm getting better about it..
    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Snow. Hate the stuff. Cold. Hands hurt. Shovel the car. Clear the walkway. Buy lots of expensive clothes. Takes 30 minutes to get dressed to go anywhere. Dressing the kids is a hassle.

Trapped in the desert, you got about 2-3 days to figure out your issues.

In a blizzard, less than 2 hours till death.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

That poor Paris will have to go back to jail...
        "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Health-wise, getting afflicted with Alzheimer's and thereby becoming a burden to others. It's also the loss of identity.

Comment

Any of my children (well, any loved one) dying traumatically. I have no fear that comes close to that one. At this point in my life I am pretty much leather and think I could take anything on my plate. I was a victim of crime 20+ years ago and today, if I had to endure something similar, I would (((get over it))) much quicker. I've made peace, and made friends with my own mind. That gets me past a lot of fears.

Now if I had to answer, would I rather die by lava, tsunami, tornado or falling from an airplane, we might have fun talking about that...

pax

Comment

Being crushed by them SUVs and huge trucks on the roads. My solution? use my size to my advantage and outrun them (legally of course)
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

My biggest fear is to be in an accident or have some kind of illness where I would have to depend on someone. I love my independence and privacy, and I also would not want to be a burden.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope View Post
                  Big Dogs! I was attacked by a very large dog as a child, got bitten. Ever since then, I just FREEZE up when I'm approached by one!
                  While not necessarily fear - more distrust - are my feelings toward Chihuahuas, for similar reason.

When I was about 10, my friend's new juvenile-age Chihuahua ran up from behind when I wasn't looking and bit me square on my butt cheek, almost hard enough to draw blood. It really hurt. If he didn't pick that dog up and take it outside, I wouldv'e punted it for a field goal. Little twerp. Ever since then I have a stereotyped distrust towards that breed.

I'm also a major "panty" when it comes huge, flying "747" cockaroaches. Want to see a grown man cower, scream and run like a little girl? Unleash one of those bad boys where I'm standing and you'll see it. On the other hand, chameleons and geckos don't phase me one bit.

I kinda' fear running into an ex-girlfriend I had long ago. I'm not sure if she's gonna give me a hug and happily ask how I'm doing, be evasive, or straight up tell me off. Long story. If we ever do run into each other, hopefully it'll be the first choice. Gosh, I hope she (or someone she knows) doesn't read this board, a collateral fear to this.

Those are a few personal fears. Of course I share most of the common human fears like getting injured or dying in a horrific accident, terrorism, natural disasters, etc..
                  Last edited by Pomai; June 29, 2007, 06:21 PM.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Helium-filled latex balloons. I dread walking by a bouquet of'em at parties. I've got a phobia of those things going off by my ears and causing instant deafness.
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hope View Post
                      [...]The Dentist! I mean, not just regular "cowardice", but a downright PHOBIA! When I walk into the office...I break out in a terrible cold sweat...I am terrified! (you can only imagine how much toothpaste n' dental floss I go through, to avoid this pertifying ordeal!)[...]
                      If you move to Oahu the man to see is Dr. Steve Wilhite. Really! It's because of him that I can honestly say I'd rather have a root canal than go shopping!

My fear is outliving my income. With prudence, that shouldn't happen. However, there are never any guarantees.

Comment

Going Broke
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Going Broke
                          With the vast amount of knowledge and work experience you have, that should be the farthest from your mind.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Pua'i, I'd rather die by lava. At least at the end of it all you're covered in your grave.

My biggest fear is losing my twin.

Comment

My biggest fear is dying before my kids are old enough to take care of themselves.
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X