Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are Your Biggest Fears?

Originally posted by nikki View Post
    I have a fear of geckos, for some weird reason.
    Wow. I don't think I've ever lived in a place here that didn't have at least one that took up residence in the house. In fact one chirped just now as I was posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mililani View Post
      Please don't laugh, and if we should ever meet, do not try to use it against me because I cannot promise you'll live to see your next birthday...

Those damn bloody 747's! Ahhhhhhhhhhh.................... they freak me out! They give me the willies. For some reason they tend to fly straight to me everytime!! And if you're in my way, and I see one flying toward me, there's a good chance I'll mow you over trying to get away. Sorry.. LOL

My kids asked me one day if I was offered a million dollars to lay in a box with hundreds of them, would I do it. I said, "oh HELL no!

But, I would do it for nothing if someone was trying to hurt my kids unless I laid in the box with hundreds of them. But thats probably because my mind wouldn't be on the 747s, it would be on how I'm going to tear that jerk to shreds when I get out. hehe
      I had to re-read your post cuz...why would anyone have a fear of jumbo jets? Flying? Oh...you mean those big bambucha cockaroaches yeah?
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
        I have a fear of geckos, for some weird reason. I think my older brother must have tormented me with one when I was a baby. Anyway, I can't sleep if I know there is one in the house. If it's on a wall across the room, I will scream bloody murder.. a real horror movie scream. My husband tells me that one day I'll really need help and no one will come.
        Seems like spousal abuse to me. I have no problems with geckos in the house. They eat all the termites and other flying insects that make it into our household.

Comment

Opression. First and foremost. Say outta people's private lives - with the heart of the matter being that which doen't get in your face. Measures can be taken. Can you agree with me?

Comment

We called them big roaches "B-52s," not "747s." It must be a generational thing.

I go berserk if I see any of them around. I'll hunt them down armed with RAID and a big slipper. And set some Roach Motel traps ............

Comment

B-52s: speaking of which. just minutes after posting above, one flew across the room, landed on the picture window under the cellular shades, and vanished. I'd say about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" in length. I set out a Roach Motel and attached my 25' central vacuum system hose in the closest outlet.

About an hour later, it flew across the room again and landed on an open wall. At which time, I stealthily approached it with the hose and sucked it to it's doom ....................

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                I had to re-read your post cuz...why would anyone have a fear of jumbo jets? Flying?

Interestingly enough, when I was young, I used to be terrified whenever an airplane flew overhead. I was convinced they were going to drop bombs on me.. I have no clue why.
                Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Death in my immediate family. I haven't experienced it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                    At which time, I stealthily approached it with the hose and sucked it to it's doom ....................
                    My favorite way to deal with them. I can't do what my father did - one handed he'd bend them until it broke and then throw them away.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                      My favorite way to deal with them. I can't do what my father did - one handed he'd bend them until it broke and then throw them away.
                      Grabbing them by hand??? YIKES! That gives me the "willies" just THINKING about it, not necessarily doing it!

Comment

I go berserk if I see any of them around. I'll hunt them down armed with RAID and a big slipper. And set some Roach Motel traps ............
                        LOL@oceanpacific! Thanks for the pointer on the commmando tactics, I'll remember to arm myself with the proper implements

Scorpions here in the Mojave don't fare too well with me, either! These things will make your skin crawl! They may look "cool n' creepy" under that plastic paper weight thingy, but I guar-ran-tee you, they ain't so "cool" when you find one in your house!

Comment

I fear being old and or ill if I would be totally dependent on another person. I've spent my life making sure I'm not a burden on anyone else. If I have any true fears, and I know I have very few besides fearing God in a respectful way, that's it. Being totally dependent and burdensome on another human must be the closest thing to hell on earth.
                          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                            I fear being old and or ill if I would be totally dependent on another person. I've spent my life making sure I'm not a burden on anyone else. If I have any true fears, and I know I have very few besides fearing God in a respectful way, that's it. Being totally dependent and burdensome on another human must be the closest thing to hell on earth.
                            I agree, Karen, as I have the same fear. However, I'll add that it can be a state of mind. I know of a man who's a quadriplegic. He's a recent widower with an adopted, mentally challenged, young (5) son. He has a team of 5 attendants around the clock plus a nanny. He managed to get a law degree in his condition and works on behalf of disabled folks. That's a very special spirit. Is one born with that or does one acquire it? I don't know. And I hope I'm never put in the position to find out.

Comment

Hmm...good thoughts, Sue. Maybe some are born with it and others...inclined. Then, when the need arises the fighting spirit kicks in. I wonder and like you while praying to never personally find out.
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                                Grabbing them by hand??? YIKES! That gives me the "willies" just THINKING about it, not necessarily doing it!
                                You'd die if you saw the way I kill roaches. I slap them with my hand, throw them away and then wash my hands REALLY Good.

Comment

Working...
                                X