Who bought an iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who bought an iPhone?

Who bought an iPhone yesterday? Impressions, reviews, please!
    Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Re: Who bought an iPhone?

Looks like Ryan did.

Comment

Good catch...but of course!!!

You da man(Ryan)...Web masta!!!

So how is it? Or should I say, wat were you thinking at dat moment.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Definately wasn't me!!.

I really like the iPhone, but I hate who it is being serviced with!!.

I use to be with AT & T, then they switched over to Cingular. I hate Cingular, that is why I switched over to Tmobile (with my hubby).

Now that "At & T" is "supposidly" back on the market, who knows when they are actually going to change their mind & switch everyone to Cingular or to what ever company that just happen to be near, or most convenient (again) .

To be honest, if Tmobile services the iPhone, I would consider getting it.
        At this point, I will not ever trust AT & T again, & will not move over just for that damn iPhone!!.

Who knows, AT & T might go out of business again, & have their "new" &/or old customers move/merg to another company.

Companies such as AT & T are not trustworthy (in my book)!!.

I will only have trust to a company that wont change their minds back & forth, & will continue to keep their business & become a stand alone company!!.

That's my two cents.

Aloha.
        Last edited by Serenity; June 30, 2007, 08:03 AM.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

i went to the apple store with friends last night at around 11pm (they still have phones) after seeing die more harder or free-er and the iphone looks awesome. however, id predict that the price on it will drop, especially in conjunction with a 2 year service plan. if its got a 1 year exclusive, tmobile may get it next year. if i had money to burn, i might have picked one up.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

By The Way....

I heard that the iPod has more capacity in donwloading music than the iPhone itself.

For the music part, I would rather use my own iPod just for that. I have a little over 600 music on my ipod, can that iPhone handle as much or more? , I bet NOT!!.

Possibly for the internet & phone system, May~be.

Now, if the iphone can totally match the iPod, capacity wise, then I would be in heaven, if I had enough cash, & they are with Tmobile, I would seriously consider getting it.

Aloha.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
              Looks like Ryan did.

Honolulu Advertiser webmaster Scott Morifuji stood in line yesterday and blogged live while doing so. In one posting he said this...

Posted on: June 29, 2007 at 1:22:41 pm
              Line gets longer, freebies get better

Looks like there are only 50 or so people in line now.

Starbucks is giving out samples of their iced tea. Williams-Sonoma is handing out brownie samples.

Advertiser sports reporter Stacy Kaneshiro reports that there are about 40 people in line at Kahala Mall.

Lifecaster Ryan Ozawa just walked by. He's streaming live video from here. He's at the end of the line.
              Poor Ryan is standing at the END of the line. Boo hoo. In that KHON photo, isn't that the wall by Long's Drugs? That's a long @ss line! Nah, I can tell that's in front of Macy's.

Just curious how many of these people rushing to get the iPhone on its first day on the market are more interested in bragging rights of "I got it first", than they are in actual NEED of the features and new technology it provides.

There's one feature (or lack there of) I read that kinda' sucked. Apparently you can't use the music loaded in your iTunes library as a ring tone. If that's true, that really sucks. Also, the abbreviated browser can't utilize the Flash plug-in. So many sites using Flash (which I hate anyway) won't be viewable.

That direct-access selective voice mail feature is pretty cool.

Surely there will be software and firmware updates for it in the near future.

IMO, it's best to wait for the 2nd generation of a new product so the manufacturer can address any bugs and iron out the kinks. Case in point, we bought the first generation G5 tower, and it had a problem with the mother board's RAM slots. To this day, we can't add more. Never got around to sending the machine back to Apple, as we NEEDED the machine at the time as our primary OS X server. It's fine, but still.

I like the electronic architecture, compact size and light weight of flash memory, but I'd be willing to sacrifice size and weight for the added storage space of a built-in (say 120 gig?) hard drive in the iPhone. That would be nice.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I LOVE Cingular but 600.00 is too much for me!
                I opted for the Krazr yesterday.
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I would love to have the IPhone - will probably wait til Xmas bonus time though.

When I got my first cell here in 1996, the company was Honolulu Cellular - great service. Then they sold to AT&T - great service. Then they sold to Cingular - ok service. Now it's back to AT&T - great service. I've always been happy with my plan, coverage, equipment & customer service. I have an excellent service plan & was able to move that plan over to Cingular last year with very few problems. TMobile would have to GIVE me the IPhone to get me to change carriers! plus the other carriers can't even come close to my service plan & monthly rate!
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I'm reading of a number of short-comings to the phone. Part of me has to wonder if this 1g iPhone won't go the way of the Newton. Revolutionary, yet in the end it's impact was more on what features it introduced and forced the competitors to do then what itself did.

Comment

I'm not that impressed by the iPhone; however, it's not bad for a first-generation effort. For the price, it should have an anodized aluminum shell instead of a plastic one, removable batteries, voice-recognition dialing, a flush headphone jack instead of a recessed one, an included leather carrying case and Bluetooth headset.
                      Last edited by Jonah K; June 30, 2007, 11:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the recessed headphone jack...
                      Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

I understand that you cannot directly download iTunes to the iPhone via the website.

Like most have indicated here, I wouldn't shell out $600 for a 1st generation item of any kind. Too many bugs and too expensive. I believe Apple will do to iPhone users much as they've done to their Mac users, and that is to sell an expensive product on the first round then sell the same product or an improved version at a cheaper price on the second round.

I was driving down Kilauea Avenue in Downtown Hilo yesterday and passed by the Cingular store there and saw a line developing. People with lawn chairs and coolers waiting in line. I mumbled under my breath, "Suckers". Is it THAT important to be the first to have an iPhone?

ANYBODY knows the next generation phone will be cheaper and more feature laden than the first. Plus that wait in line will be in vain when everybody has them and it's not a fashion statement anymore. And that's exactly what it is...A FASHION STATEMENT. This isn't a limited edition item. It's not as if Apple isn't gonna market anymore of these.

Now if you want practicallity, this phone is shock resistant and water proof. If it sounds like a Casio G-shock wristwatch, you got the manufacturer correct. It's called the Casio G-Zone and it's sold by Verizon.

You can go swimming with it and even make calls in the shower with it. Plus it's rugged so it'll take the occasional drop to the asphalt. Try that with an iPhone! Note the belt loop?

Now for the clincher for those who had to buy an iPhone with a two year committment. You can buy an iPhone without the two-year committment believe it or not if you have bad credit and can do the month to month service plan. AT&T isn't publicizing this policy but it's there.

Sneaky AT&T but hey they want to capture everybody's money so there you go...Bad credit? No problem...you can still get an iPhone without the committment.
                        Last edited by craigwatanabe; March 14, 2008, 09:22 AM.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Now if you want practicallity, this phone is shock resistant and water proof. If it sounds like a Casio G-shock wristwatch, you got the manufacturer correct. It's called the Casio G-Zone and it's sold by Verizon.

You can go swimming with it and even make calls in the shower with it. Plus it's rugged so it'll take the occasional drop to the asphalt. Try that with an iPhone! Note the belt loop?
                          Now THAT has my name written all over it.

Google "clumsy/dufus/dumb@ss, careless cell phone owner/handler/user", and my name should show up. (did it? )

A water and shock-proof cellphone? Love it! Sign me up.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Like all tech, it will drop in price and it is only a matter of time when the NEXT big thing comes along. I will check it out, but do not plan on buying on in the immediate future. Seems like a really cool gadget though, don't get me wrong, I have just bough too many new things that are out dated and 200 bucks less a couple of months down the road. I won't let it happen this time.......I promised AF
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              IMO, it's best to wait for the 2nd generation of a new product so the manufacturer can address any bugs and iron out the kinks. Case in point, we bought the first generation G5 tower, and it had a problem with the mother board's RAM slots. To this day, we can't add more. Never got around to sending the machine back to Apple, as we NEEDED the machine at the time as our primary OS X server. It's fine, but still.
                              I'm a firm believer in this opinion Pomai. As much of an Apple fan as I am (there are 5 Apple computers in my house) I made the mistake of buying the VERY first generation iBook...remember the cool clamshell ones ?

Hard drive took a crap in 2 months, and I was screwed. I've said this before, I'll say it again. Apple Beta tests their products on the paying public....LOTS of issues with the Version 1 products....enough people report an issue, THEN they fix it, which I think is BOGUS.

2 rules I live by with Apple
                              1. NO version 1 products brand new on the market
                              2. ALWAYS buy apple care

I say wait at least 6 months before looking into an iPhone.

But, that's just ME.
                              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
                              X